Mutual funds General Discussions

Re: Is It Wise

Dear Friends
I Have Doubt,please Correct Me
I Believe,the More The Capital Investment Is,the More It Gives.
So I Want To Invest First Some Amount. To Increase The Invested Amount I Have To Pump My Own Money .so Instead Of Doing So ,i Would Like The Amc To Generate The Capital.
I Expect A Growth Of 30% Per Annum On An Average Of The Mutal Funds.i Dont Want More Or Less.when I Get 30% Growth ,i Would Redeem That Money And I Will Invest Back In The Mf(either I Will Wait For The Nev To Go Down 2.25% Or I Will Buy Mf Whoose Nav Is At Lower Level There By I Will Maintain My Number Of Units Also Same)so In Due Course I Would Be Able To Incerase My Capital More
And It Turn My Returns Will Be More.
Am I Correct Please Guide Me
Thank You
Ekams

Merril Lynch posts 9.8-bn Q4 loss

Hello Friends!

News just in : Merill Lynch posts 9.8 bn$ Q4 loss. Just wondering whether it would have any direct or indirect impact on DSP Merill Lynch Mutual Funds ?

And by the way, anyone has any idea how to post a question at valueresearchonline.com. I tried to post through ask.valueresearchonline.com. However, it says due to overflow of queries they have stopped temporarily. Yet I see new questions coming up from so many people.

thanks

Jeet

Re: How do you make your investments in Mutual Funds !!

I strongly recommend that always trust a good financial advisor to select the funds for you.

There are several experts. They generally take all your details (so you become their client) and you can just check the performance say once a month.

I have seen several people trading or buying directly (by deciding themself) without any advice and losing a lot of money.

KNOW YOUR CLIENT (KYC) Required for MF?

What is this notice at all MF sites about KNOW YOUR CLIENT (KYC)
see http://www.amfiindia.com/showhtml.asp?page=kyc

In order to comply with regulatory provisions under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act 2002, Rules issued thereunder and related guidelines/circulars issued by SEBI, KYC formalities are required to be completed for all Unit Holders, including Guardians and Power of Attorney holders, for any investment (whether new or additional purchase) of Rs. 50,000 or more in mutual funds. For the convenience of investors in mutual funds, all mutual funds have made special arrangements with CDSL Ventures Ltd. (CVL), a wholly owned subsidiary of Central Depository Services (India) Ltd. (CDSL)).
It say its mandatory if you are investing 50000/- Or above in MF but its not clarified weather 50000/- Limit is for Total MF investments so far OR For each transaction only?

Most of use will not worry if its just per transaction!

milind

Re: KNOW YOUR CLIENT (KYC) Required for MF?

This is required from Feb 1 (today). You won't be able to do any transactions over Rs50000 without it. You need to fill the form, take proof of address and PAN card (photocopy and original) and go to nearest CAMS (they also have a few other point of acceptance). Acknowledgement takes about a week.

-- Milind

Cut off Time for NAV ?

Hello Friends !

Is there any common time for cut off time for NAVs or is it different for different AMCs.

For example: If I am to buy a MF today, what rate would the NAV applicable?

Thanks

Jeet