Mutual funds General Discussions

Re: Cut off Time for NAV ?

I guess, IF you buy before 1.00PM then the earlier day NAV is applicable, If you buy after 1.00PM then, the todays NAV is calculated at eod and is applicable

depends on medium which u use to invest, i use HDFC bank to invest.
Of Course! HDFC & some other banks' sites have 1pm cut-off for providing same day NAV.
CAMS/KARVY points have cut-off at 3pm for all funds they process to avail same day NAV.
AMFI updates current day's NAVs at 8pm at their website.

mr india

Re: KNOW YOUR CLIENT (KYC) Required for MF?

What is this notice at all MF sites about KNOW YOUR CLIENT (KYC)
see http://www.amfiindia.com/showhtml.asp?page=kyc

It say its mandatory if you are investing 50000/- Or above in MF but its not clarified weather 50000/- Limit is for Total MF investments so far OR For each transaction only?

Most of use will not worry if its just per transaction!
Rs 50k limit is for 'each' transection only. If u invest <50k each time, no need to be KYC compliant.
O'wise its a one time process. You have to take following copies attested by a notary/gaz.officer to CAMS:
1) ID Proof
2) Address Proof
3) PAN

goni

Mr. India is absolutly right so far as info he has given. But I do feel that one should not invest through sites like HDFC since that application will not be considered as direct application and entry load will be applicable. Prefer finding a CAMS/KARVY centre near you n get the application droped there before 3:00 pm to get same day NAV and nil entry load. Do write "DIRECT" at broker's code column.

Dividends Late This Year?

I was expecting lot of ELSS Dividends around this time of year but not happening.is it because of market crash last month?

Are these MF houses are delaying them in the hope that market will rise and they can give good dividends to save their market name?

SBI Magnum,ABN AMRO TAX saving,HDFC tax saving,Principal Tax saving etc... usually issue dividend in January/Feb.Not so?

Watching Mutual Fund Quotes On Stock Ticker

Hi experts,

This is my first post on this site :) . I have been investing in MFs in small amounts since 3 years ( only for Tax rebate) but just started trying to learn what I am really doing!

I have setup ticker-tape stock ticker on my desktop. I could not find out the way to add mutual funds in it. Is there any such thing as ticker symbols for mutual funds ? I tried searching in ***** finance / moneycontrol / google etc.

Just for example .. suppose i want to see the value for Principal personal tax saver(G).....? I can find the price in sites like moneycontrol at the end of the day , but I just like to be able to see the value scroll on my desktop
:)...so that i can see my complete portfolio just in one click.

Thanks.
-Srihari

Re: Watching Mutual Fund Quotes On Stock Ticker

Hello Hari
Welcome aboard!

Hi experts,

This is my first post on this site :) . I have been investing in MFs in small amounts since 3 years ( only for Tax rebate) but just started trying to learn what I am really doing!

I have setup ticker-tape stock ticker on my desktop. I could not find out the way to add mutual funds in it. Is there any such thing as ticker symbols for mutual funds ? I tried searching in ***** finance / moneycontrol / google etc.

Just for example .. suppose i want to see the value for Principal personal tax saver(G).....? I can find the price in sites like moneycontrol at the end of the day , but I just like to be able to see the value scroll on my desktop
:)...so that i can see my complete portfolio just in one click.

Thanks.
-Srihari

Mutual fund navs are reported at the end of the day. They do not change like stocks. So cannot be viewed in real time.