Mutual Fund investment & their portfolio

travi

What ratio should be kept if choosing the Debt and EQ
Or only EQ funds are sufficient.
Anyone can suggest what type of ratio should be maintained...:)
There is no ratio as such, look at it more from mkt scenario.
Mine was a specific case where some FD's matured and renewing all of it at current rates isn't appealing.

DF sip's have been on, only the position is larger as conditions favour it, ie. 3 Lows of RR, RRR and Inflation.

EQ sip on the other hand is very small positions to buy the dips until another significant correction.
That's when you liquidate the other two and invest here.

Subhadip

I have invested in the following :

1) Motilal Oswal Focussed Multicap 35 Fund
2) Motilal Oswal Focussed Midcap 30 Fund
3) HDFC Midcap Fund
4) Reliance small cap fund
5) Franklin Templeton Prima Fund

So just see the past 3-5 years performance and select the fund.

Smart_trade
Great choice sir ji..

raju.vzm

Any one created goal based portfolio? If so how can we manage so many funds ex: 2 to 3 funds for retirement, 2 to 3 for children study, 2 to 3 for children marriage. Any suggestion?

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

travi

Any one created goal based portfolio? If so how can we manage so many funds ex: 2 to 3 funds for retirement, 2 to 3 for children study, 2 to 3 for children marriage. Any suggestion?

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk
IMHO Goal based funds are for those who are not wary of Financial markets.
Ultimately, they all do the same thing by asking your risk appetite and will distribute the amount in Debt/EQ etc in some ratio.
Premium payment is similar to an SIP, why not do that your self with Direct MF and get better return.

If you're smart, manage the ratio and timing yourself, and get a Term insurance plan for your child (& you, other members).
That's the only thing not covered by MF which is there in Child plans. Remember, most Term plans are for 30-35yrs and expiry upon which u can renew etc

The return of these plans will also depend on your premium and a whole load T&C.
Fineprint while not guarantee a fixed amount.

Subhadip

IMHO Goal based funds are for those who are not wary of Financial markets.
Ultimately, they all do the same thing by asking your risk appetite and will distribute the amount in Debt/EQ etc in some ratio.
Premium payment is similar to an SIP, why not do that your self with Direct MF and get better return.

If you're smart, manage the ratio and timing yourself, and get a Term insurance plan for your child (& you, other members).
That's the only thing not covered by MF which is there in Child plans. Remember, most Term plans are for 30-35yrs and expiry upon which u can renew etc

The return of these plans will also depend on your premium and a whole load T&C.
Fineprint while not guarantee a fixed amount.
One word adding:

Do not go for term life insurance till the child is having his own income..no point adding life insurance to any one who has no income....my view only

chintan786

One word adding:

Do not go for term life insurance till the child is having his own income..no point adding life insurance to any one who has no income....my view only
Dear Sir, plz let me know if i correctly understand u... if u mean buying Term Insurance for child then it is not possible at first place.
As premium is going to be paid by his gurdian and guardian get tax benefit under section 80(c).
Mainly only children money back plan can be bought for Child. Term insurance, if buying any, can insure gurdian only but not child. because risk is loss of livelihood, in case something happen to guardian.

Copy pasting my post from another thread because there's some activity here.
http://www.traderji.com/community/t...nt-in-mutual-funds.18875/page-16#post-1246162

Hello everyone. I currently have a lump sum amount in FDs, i want to invest a part of it in MFs, ~ 5-7 lakhs, spread out across 6-10 MFs, various caps, long term, mostly agressive. I plan on investing around 20% upfront and the rest through an SIP ( here also I am confused, whether to do it from a savings account, or consider some other Liquid fund ).

My question is would it be better to buy Mutual Funds from portals like HDFC Securites, or online advisors like Upwardly/Scripbox ? Do they provide Direct MFs or Regular plans ? Or should I individually signup for every MF? How much would be the difference for 10 year period ?
Also, Do you guys have a STP setup where the SIP installments come from a liquid fund or something ? Or just from a regular savings account ? Anyway to setup such a thing by myself online ?