Mutual Fund investment & their portfolio

if i go for Debt fund...11 to 12 % is almost sure shot per year....

Lets see...
Debt funds are not giving that high returns these days.For that return ,you have to go for balanced fund which has equity risk.Liquid funds make 6-8 % per annum currently.

Smart_trade

Last edited:

Subhadip

In any correction if one buys HDFC bank and Asian Paints,he should get 15-20 % CAGR.

HDFC Bank gives 1-2 corrections in a year .THe corrections are 10-15 % and if one buys there,one can make 20% in one year every time.See this over last 5-7 years charts.

Smart_ trade
Exactly sir,
but never keep all eggs in one basket.....

Subhadip

Debt funds are not giving that high returns these days.For that return ,you have to go for balanced fund which has equity risk.Liquid funds make 6-8 % per annum currently.

Smart_trade
Mix of one or two high quality Equity fund along with two debt fund....can give 10% CAGR.....

What do u say sir?

Mix of one or two high quality Equity fund along with two debt fund....can give 10% CAGR.....

What do u say sir?
Yes should give 10% CAGR.For earning over 10% CAGR other options are dynamic equity funds,and invest the money in liquid funds and do STP of 1% every month in a good equity fund.

Smart_trade

Subhadip

Some of the best rated Liquid Funds are as follows:
1. Birla Sunlife Cash plus G
2.ICICI Pru Liquid Fund
3.HDFC LiquidFund
4.Reliance Liquidity Fund
5.Axis Liquid Fund

Subhadip

Some of the best rated Liquid Funds are as follows:
1. Birla Sunlife Cash plus G
2.ICICI Pru Liquid Fund
3.HDFC LiquidFund
4.Reliance Liquidity Fund
5.Axis Liquid Fund
These fund return almost 8% range CAGR....have to hold more than 3 yr for Indexation benefit.

travi

Any suggestion of good Liquid fund/ good debt fund??
Debt funds are far safer when compared to EQ but in certain scenarios they have given the slip.
I was at the receiving end during Oct end and demo when I moved from EQ to debt.
Excess liquidity and FII sell-offs will be a major reason in Debt Dents but damage wasn't that bad.
60.2 NAV went to a low 58.x and then back up in 4-5 months.
I've been using HDFC HIgh int Dynamic-Growth, this one is supposed to be a LT DebtF.

Obviously I averted the EQ loss during nov-dec dip and was in net gain but notional loss will appear from DF apart from exit expense etc that I may have incurred.