Mistakes I made in the Flow Method

orderflow13

Sunil,

Thanks for these charts.. Helps people like myself understand the reversal funda more clearly.. Frankly, I did try going thru saint's mentions of reversals, but seeing these 2 examples on live trades gives a lot more idea of how one should ideally proceed..

I have observed that while going for a pivot on only 15min TF is not enough (3/11), but having a pivot on even 15 & 20 min gives a lot of info.. In the above case, since the pivots were formed on both 15 & 20, with 30 min looking a lot like an agressive pivot, aka turning point, i would have taken it as a reversal point..

Next thing I am planning to backtest is to see if it is prudent to not take the first trade, but take it only if there is an add on that trade on either wrb breakdown or on a pivot breakdown.. I do not have any stats, but it looks like that this would be a profitable tweak for the system during volatile times like these days, when market is not moving in a single direction thru the day..

-- no1lives4ever
but how we can decide b4 hand if market is volatile or not ? :eek:.. i mean wt parameters for sake of rules ? last thing we want ifs n buts while in trade, though it sounds very interesting, today got the feel of reversal thing.imp point i learn is framework of the market flow, when saint sir mentioned all bars r moving in flow of that 30 min wrb sunil mentioned.. if we got the framework of flow it will be lot easier,

V

vvvv

how u get market profile indicatos into amibroker...whithout tht its of no use learnin the theory

rajendrani

Deja vu of 3/11/08

Posting chart of 5/11/08 with similar situation:

So, even till the end of Bar 15 in 15min chart, the SAR remains fixed at high+room of Bar6(15min) / Bar4(30min) / Bar 3(60min)
ie 3145.5+7
awesome, buddy, your graphical representation does makes lot of sense, hope to see some more of good information in form of graphical repsentation from you. Keep up the good work bro and god bless you.

rajendrani

orderflow13

awesome, buddy, your graphical representation does makes lot of sense, hope to see some more of good information in form of graphical repsentation from you. Keep up the good work bro and god bless you.

rajendrani
yes sunil really good work.This weekend i will try to post history graphs in consolidation phase regarding reversal bars.Also requesting other members to do so, also want 2 see day structure on key reversals, as on jan fall, 2 years back may fall, and subsequent pull backs after the fall, those things will be very interesting to learn.

jace48

Assume that I am ready to risk 2 %.

1) In miniflow should you consider 2% per trade or 2% per day. The max no of trade we should take is 4 and hence shouldn't we do it as 0.5% per trade?

2) Is it advisable to commit profitable trades as fresh capital next day?

3) On a same day if I make profit in 1/2 trades is it ok to increase the position in next trade because my absolute risk in money terms is less because of profit in earlier trade?

4) After opening bell should instrument with higher risk sized low or high? As compared lower risk. Assuming I am trading more than one instrument.