Linkon's Day trading Strategy...!

gunavadhi

1.As of now, we will ignore the arrows and triangle. They are a work in progress about the median of the high low and close.
I wanted to remove them, but they provide some good indication.
2.ENTRY --LONG : close of the bar is above the band and above 89 ema.
SHORT : close of the bar is below the band and below 89 ema.
3.yellow bar..dont do anything

i think i am correct.waiting for linkon bro to confirm.

linkon7

The modified code is given on the first page... Just follow the instructions.
Where to place the long trigger and where to place the trailing stoploss. we keep trailing the stop loss till it is hit.

just follow the instructions....

There are just 4 price highlighted on right, the one in the "which change colours to either "light blue" or "pink " is the 89 ema, the one in "blue/yellow/red" is the price and the other two in "green/red" are the band

Last edited:
hiii
linkon,
this question may sound very very very stupid(dont laugh).........but im curious!
Q:>> the charts shown are of nifty_aug.... can we apply this logic or formula to particular stocks(equities)??? or we may do some changes according to stocks behavior??

please answer!!
Thanks!!

linkon7

hiii
linkon,
this question may sound very very very stupid(dont laugh).........but im curious!
Q:>> the charts shown are of nifty_aug.... can we apply this logic or formula to particular stocks(equities)??? or we may do some changes according to stocks behavior??

please answer!!
Thanks!!
No question is ever stupid. This system can be used for any stock. I havnt tried it though, so please do try it and let us know. I think as long as a stock is liquid, this system should work.

Hi Linkon,

Am attatching two charts of aban one is hourly and one EOD . Can you please explain me this strategy a bit by referring to this images.I usually take swing positions, i always follow bollinger and Moving averages but want to explore this system PLease take some time to explain this please. first chart is EOD and second is hourly.

Last edited:

linkon7

This system basically on the assumption that we try to buy a stock as soon as it is making a new 25 period high when the trend is up. In the guppy chart, the red lines are going up but the slope has flattened out. The direction of the red lines tells us the direction and the slope tells us how strong the trend is.

The cloud on top is the timing tool. If u intend to swing trade, then preferably use 15 min chart as you get an earlier entry. Aban is in an uptrend but is undergoing a correction. as long as the blue lines are above the red, we remain long. stoploss as per the hourly chart is 1138 and we short only if it trades below 1093.

btw, i think both the charts are hourly, one is of last month and the other is current month...

lazytrader

Pldot is based on Drummond geometry.
The concept goes like this. Every bar has a high low and the close. All the info are important. It tells us how high buyers are willing to pay and how low sellers are willing to sell and who won the battle for that time period (close). So the average of this is the pivot that's used by all floor traders and calculate the mean for the next bar.

pldot is just that mean. (high+low+close) / 3 and plotted on the guppy chart to give me a sense of timing. I coloured it orange for a down trend and aqua for an uptrend.

When ever this mean rises, strength is shifting to the bulls and vice versa.
I don't see the dots (pldot) on your chart :confused:

lazytrader

Why not make it Everytime. Why not make it a part of rules. If you keep the recipe open ended, there is a probability that you will not be able to make consistent decisions

No problem as long as this is also be a part of the rules :)

Whatever you have to use make it consistent and clearly defined.
Using well defined rules makes it mechanical which is good if you want teach someone. but since he designed it he's seen it quite a lot and is able to take trades at his discretion. Sometimes it is difficult to make it mechanical because of the number of options you have the scenarios you have to consider.

You can take a look at the system live and based on your experience proposed a mechanical tweak and he'll give his opinion on it. Some trades can't trade mechanical. Feel free to experiment. Tweak it to suit your trading style.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
linkon7 Options 170
linkon7 AmiBroker 129
VJAY Options 10
linkon7 Options 36
linkon7 Day Trading 477