Linkon's Day trading Strategy...!

lazytrader

Praveen Bhai. Broker will anyway earn.. whether we trade or not..
So why to look at this plate...

As long as we are earning after paying all costs, it is extra food our plate. So lets worry about our plate (until unless you are in the game of throwing broker out of the business like some people are talking about reliance money now)..

Happy Trading..
While I agree with your point, I would also like to mention that I noticed that Sain't 60min flow which making very few trades manages to give you as much as trading a 5-min pride's system. penny saved on brokerage is a penny earned in trading. There is a sweet spot we can try to achieve to maximize profit and turning a blind eye may not be a very good idea but for now, I agree it's too early in the system development to think about it.

linkon7

CUES--

--Nifty August future premium converted into discount of 5 points so cost of carry decreased. (Bearish)
--Nifty open interest decreased by 8 lacs suggests long unwinding. (Total OI now at 2.31 cr)
--Nifty calls added 10 lacs and puts added 4 lacs in open interest. (Bearish)
--Nifty open interest put-call ratio is at 1.01.
--4500 puts had open interest of 35 lacs (-0.6%) and 4700 calls had open interest of 43 lacs (+1%), so 4500 and 4700 will be important levels to watch for.
--India VIX closed at 44.24, increased by 3% suggests instability. (Bearish)
--In Nifty stocks, advance-decline ratio is at 14/36. (Bearish)

linkon7

I don't see the dots (pldot) on your chart :confused:
PLdot is not a dot... it is plotted on the guppy moving average. The line that shifts fropm aqua to orange is the Pldot...

Using well defined rules makes it mechanical which is good if you want teach someone. but since he designed it he's seen it quite a lot and is able to take trades at his discretion. Sometimes it is difficult to make it mechanical because of the number of options you have the scenarios you have to consider.

You can take a look at the system live and based on your experience proposed a mechanical tweak and he'll give his opinion on it. Some trades can't trade mechanical. Feel free to experiment. Tweak it to suit your trading style.
Somehow, i prefer mechanical systems. The biggest benefit is consistency. The only way to improve a system is to back test it bar by bar and tweak the system to give a higher positive expectancy (thanks to AW10 for teaching me this...!) Market has a tendency to remain irrational and unpredictable and its better to acknowledge it. It'll never do what i think (or hope) it'll do. The less i think and act, the more chance of just blindly following a system.

While I agree with your point, I would also like to mention that I noticed that Sain't 60min flow which making very few trades manages to give you as much as trading a 5-min pride's system. penny saved on brokerage is a penny earned in trading. There is a sweet spot we can try to achieve to maximize profit and turning a blind eye may not be a very good idea but for now, I agree it's too early in the system development to think about it.
Brokerage is part of the game. The only thing i can ensure is that my brokerage is small. I pay 9 Rs per lot now. If someone is paying 0.05% as brokerage, he needs to shift to a system which gives lesser trades and target bigger points. as his slippage will be very high.

This system on a 2 min chart will give an average of 8-12 trades on a whipsaw day and 3-5 trades on a trending day. The only way i feel i can make money is by taking all the trades given by the system and let the law of average take care of the profit.

Last edited:

PGDIMES

Rk Global charges way less brokerage. Dont want them to run out of business, hence leaving something on the plate for them always...!:D

Dont want to go broke by going back to my other broker....!:p
You have talked a lot about RK Global. But I doubt whether they have quality back-office. Moreover I want to know abt the other charges like s/w charges,transaction charges & other hidden ones...

linkon7

You have talked a lot about RK Global. But I doubt whether they have quality back-office. Moreover I want to know abt the other charges like s/w charges,transaction charges & other hidden ones...
As long as they have a back office...i am happy. Quality and cheap service dont compliment each other. I want a broker who will give me low break even since i get in and out of trades a lot...

Someone, who plays positional and does fewer trades can afford to go for better services. They offer odin and the execution is fast, the breakeven is low... i am happy.

for their charges, contact their office.

lazytrader

PGDIMES

As long as they have a back office...i am happy. Quality and cheap service dont compliment each other. I want a broker who will give me low break even since i get in and out of trades a lot...

Someone, who plays positional and does fewer trades can afford to go for better services. They offer odin and the execution is fast, the breakeven is low... i am happy.

for their charges, contact their office.
Hello Linkon7,

I want to know whether you use PIB for importing RT data in Amibroker. Moreover is there any other broker in India whose RT data feed can be imported in Amibroker.

Thanks,
Pgdimes

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
linkon7 Options 170
linkon7 AmiBroker 129
VJAY Options 10
linkon7 Options 36
linkon7 Day Trading 477