Karthiks Options Trading Strategy

poortrader

poortrader

I consider "closure above high" as a trigger, not a mere touch. What I actually do is keep a simple countdown timer on screen and once buy is shown in ami, I stay ready. If the Buy Signal remains visible with 5 seconds left on timer to go, I execute the market order.

Merely breaching a prior high but failing to close above it makes it a low probability trade anyway.

Thanks to your comments, I actually added a parameter in AFL just to create the visual difference and here it is.

In one image, first setup is entered at high but the price fails to meet the target hitting the stop loss instead. It shows one failed setup afterwards.

In second image, first setup is not entered as price fails to close above. 3 more setups also show up later but none of the trades get taken.
If I understand Karthik's strategy, he only asked to enter when high is hit, and not a close of next candle.
As I understand your method, u will wait for the next 15 min candle to give a close higher than High of set up candle. This way the Sl will become more wide surely. I hope you have run atleast one month backtest. Just yesterday I checked Ce6200 and if you had waited for close above the high, then it would have hit sl (15min chart)
(10.15am=set up bar, 11.15 am bar candle closing higher)
So I think it has its advantages and disadvantages as well.
Also a fixed tgt of 10 points is arbitary, because if the option is priced at 100, 10 is 10%, and if it is priced at 200 it is just 5%, so think about it as well.

Nice that someone is thinking different and raising issues. Would like the thoughts of Karthik as well on this discussion.

VJAY

Why are we hell bent upon spoiling simple, ordinary, easy to implement strategy with our super smart thinking.......:p
simple one not give any thoughts/thinkings ....its boring ...so we can bent it to look how much it can bend :D ....when it loss of its consistent ..we throw it and look for other :rofl::rofl::lol: