Jio subscriptions - could be very significant already!

vijkris

Learner and Follower
bhai, dont you already have the aadhar card ? I do not think anyone can avoid this for long time, as government is slowly making it compulsory.

This is not a good idea, as it will spoil the laptop battery.
yes aadhar card is there but the sim is not in my name and transfer of the sim to my name is quite complicated. So will just leave it.

RockyRobust

Ok, So came back from the Jio Store.

Jiofi 3 is available only online and it costs 2k + 408 even with exchange of old modem.

In the digital xpress store, only jiofi 2 was available, same 2k +408, without exchange.
With exchange they were selling it for 1k + 408 :rofl::rofl:

Without any hesitation, happily bought it for 1500 rs. :clapping:

First they refused to accept Rcom dongle, but I argued that nowhere in jio website its written that my model is not permitted.
They made some calls and then agreed to take it.
Mine was little damaged piece physically, though it was working properly. Before leaving, i used a hammer to fix it. :lol:
They didn check it properly and thus got the 1k discount. :D

Aadhar ekyc was done and sim activated within minutes.

It was a nano sim. They said it can be used in 4g smartphones.

Overall a good experience. :thumb:

Only thing I forgot is that they didn sign/write anything in warranty card. ;)
They gave Bill with device's serial no. written. Hope its enough, or else I have to go again there to take their autograph.
Can this Device be unlocked for use with Airtel 4G Sim ? I have 4-5 data cards lying idle [MTS, Tata Photon etc.] and this exchange offer is good if the device could be unlocked, for total value extraction. :)

vijkris

Learner and Follower

Speedtest result, just twice the speed of bsnl 3g. :thumb:

Still good enough, though was expecting 25 mbps.

Anyway now switched it off so that battery can be fully charged.
In the morning checked speed again and as expected got the 25Mbps speed. :thumb:

Can this Device be unlocked for use with Airtel 4G Sim ? I have 4-5 data cards lying idle [MTS, Tata Photon etc.] and this exchange offer is good if the device could be unlocked, for total value extraction. :)
Search in google, some firmware update has to be done. Its risky though.

lvgandhi

With jiofi, one can only use wifi. Can the sim put in jiofi be used for call also from jiofi itself?

vijkris

Learner and Follower
With jiofi, one can only use wifi. Can the sim put in jiofi be used for call also from jiofi itself?
Jiofi does not have any calling facility. You can use any non 4g smartphone, download some jio app, connect it to jiofi and make calls from that app . It will use that jio sim in jiofi for that call.
Thats what the store fellows said.

XRAY27

That is only for new prime members. Not for those who used summer surprise as prime members.
This is regular plan for all prime members ,just talked to jio care!!!

Last edited: