Jio subscriptions - could be very significant already!

vijkris

Learner and Follower
Hi

anybody using jiofi 3 ?

It seems they have an offer of exchanging old datacard and getting jiofi for 1,999 + (99+309) .

I have old rcom cdma dongle lying uselessly. Thinking of an exchange. additional rs2010 5gb/month data pack will given it seems.

So question is can the jio sim be later used in any other compatible smartphone ?

Can I plug in jiofi continously even though battery is fully charged, just like laptop ?

Monthly 309 rs has to be paid na, after all the offer gets over ?

wisp

Hi

anybody using jiofi 3 ?

It seems they have an offer of exchanging old datacard and getting jiofi for 1,999 + (99+309) .

I have old rcom cdma dongle lying uselessly. Thinking of an exchange. additional rs2010 5gb/month data pack will given it seems.

So question is can the jio sim be later used in any other compatible smartphone ?

Can I plug in jiofi continously even though battery is fully charged, just like laptop ?

1999 + plan cost is the cost without exchanging

what is jiofi? if you mean that wifi contraption, it should not be plugged continuously cos apparently battery will be spoilt after 6-7 mths if you do that.

What offer? now everyone has to pay

SIM may be used in any phone but that wifi thingy will work only with jio.

Hi

anybody using jiofi 3 ?

- Yes, there was such an exchange offer, but I didnt pay much heed, as I was not to go for more JioFi (though have 2-3 dongles)
- Yes, you can use it lateron with a smartphone, as they say. Better get it confirmed.
- Why you want to continuously plugin your JioFi, after full charge. JioFi has a long battery life. Even continuously plugin laptop after fully charged is a bad idea.
- Monthly charges will depend on the plan you choose.

vijkris

Learner and Follower
1999 + plan cost is the cost without exchanging

what is jiofi? if you mean that wifi contraption, it should not be plugged continuously cos apparently battery will be spoilt after 6-7 mths if you do that.

What offer? now everyone has to pay

SIM may be used in any phone but that wifi thingy will work only with jio.
yes, thats the cost without exchanging.
IF exchanged they will give 100% cashback worth rs 2010:

Copying from their website.
1. Warranty:
1 year manufacturer’s warranty.
2. 100 % Cashback Offer with JioFi
Dongle Exchange Offer: Customer pays Rs 1,999/- to buy JioFi online and gets benefit worth Rs 2,010 (Rs. 201 data booster X 10 vouchers) leading to effective 100% cashback for the JioFi on exchange of Old eligible Dongle
Without Dongle Exchange: Customer pays Rs 1,999/- to buy JioFi online and gets benefit worth Rs 1,005 (Rs. 201 data booster X 5 vouchers) leading to effective price of Rs 994/- for the JioFi
Step 1: Customer buys JioFi on Jio.com
Step 2: Customer visits Reliance Digital / DX Mini /Jio Store with the original invoice, JioFi Box, device and Old Dongle eligible for exchange. Offer available on select dongles in working condition.
Step 3: For availing New Jio SIM, Carry originals and copy of Proof of Address (POA), Proof of Identity (POI), and a passport size colour photograph. For availing Jio SIM through eKYC, carry your local Aadhaar card.
Step 4: New customers can recharge with Rs. 408 or Rs 608 plan and enjoy benefits of Jio Prime membership along with Jio Dhan Dhana Dhan
Step 5: Customers to submit their old dongle at Reliance Digital / DX Mini /Jio Store. Customers who do not have old dongle will still be eligible for offer of 4G data worth Rs.1005 (Rs. 201 data booster X 5 vouchers).
Step 6: Post expiry of Dhan Dhana Dhan period
• Customers who have submitted old Dongle are eligible to get free 4G Data worth up to Rs. 2010/- (Rs. 201 data booster X10 vouchers). Customer will get Rs 201 (5GB/month) data booster with every recharge of Rs 149 and above (up to 10 recharges) done before 31st Mar'18

• Customers who have NOT submitted old Dongle are eligible to get free 4G Data worth up to Rs. 1005/- (Rs. 201 data booster X 5 vouchers). Customer will get Rs 201 (5GB/month) data booster with every recharge of Rs 149 and above (up to 5 recharges) done before 31st Mar'18.

Step 7: The offer is applicable under both pre-paid and post-paid plans.
For T&Cs on 100 % Cashback Offer with JioFi, please click here

3. Important Points to know about JIO SIM Home Delivery
Step 1: SIM Home Delivery is available in Select Localities only.
Step 2: Local Aadhaar Card is mandatory for availing SIM Activation at Home.
Step 3: In case of Express Delivery, SIM will be Delivered along with Device at the scheduled date & Time chosen while placing order
Step 4: In Case of Standard Delivery you will receive an email invite to schedule SIM Home Delivery after your Device is delivered. In case your Locality is not eligible you can get JIO SIM by visiting the nearby Jio Store, refer to the Steps to get JIO SIM from Store.
Step 5: For FAQ on Home Delivery of JIO SIM click here.
https://www.jio.com/shop/en-in/jiofi-4g-hotspot/p/491193575

I think the offer is pay 309 as first recharge enjoy 1gb/day for 84 days.
After 3 months continue paying 309 for 1gb/day for 28 days.

Thinking of taking this as a backup, as the bsnl sim card will become useless within 6 months. As they have made aadhar link compulsory for existing sim cards.
So it will get disconnected. :annoyed:

vijkris

Learner and Follower
- Yes, there was such an exchange offer, but I didnt pay much heed, as I was not to go for more JioFi (though have 2-3 dongles)
- Yes, you can use it lateron with a smartphone, as they say. Better get it confirmed.
- Why you want to continuously plugin your JioFi, after full charge. JioFi has a long battery life. Even continuously plugin laptop after fully charged is a bad idea.
- Monthly charges will depend on the plan you choose.
hmm.. i continuously keep the laptop charged. :lol:

local aadhar card is needed. Lets see. Will go to reliance store to enquire. Most probably it has to be bought online only. If readily available in store, then will take it today only.

That can hurt your laptop battery. I don't think there is an automatic cut-off in it. There is something called "overcharging" for laptop battery. That's what my hardwarewala told me when my laptop battery went bad within a year of using. Now using it without battery, direct plug-in (the new battery original is 6000 Rs, compatible Rs. 2500)

local aadhar card is needed. Lets see. Will go to reliance store to enquire. Most probably it has to be bought online only. If readily available in store, then will take it today only.
- So now on do not keep the laptop charged continuously.

- You need aadhar card, if you want a eKYC and you may use it immediately (within an hour). Otherwise, you may submit POA, POI and photograph etc to get a sim and you have to wait for some time (few hours), before you start using JioFi.

TradeOptions

yes, thats the cost without exchanging.
IF exchanged they will give 100% cashback worth rs 2010:

Copying from their website.

https://www.jio.com/shop/en-in/jiofi-4g-hotspot/p/491193575

I think the offer is pay 309 as first recharge enjoy 1gb/day for 84 days.
After 3 months continue paying 309 for 1gb/day for 28 days.

Thinking of taking this as a backup, as the bsnl sim card will become useless within 6 months. As they have made aadhar link compulsory for existing sim cards.
So it will get disconnected. :annoyed:
bhai, dont you already have the aadhar card ? I do not think anyone can avoid this for long time, as government is slowly making it compulsory.

This is not a good idea, as it will spoil the laptop battery.

vijkris

Learner and Follower
Ok, So came back from the Jio Store.

Jiofi 3 is available only online and it costs 2k + 408 even with exchange of old modem.

In the digital xpress store, only jiofi 2 was available, same 2k +408, without exchange.
With exchange they were selling it for 1k + 408 :rofl::rofl:

Without any hesitation, happily bought it for 1500 rs. :clapping:

First they refused to accept Rcom dongle, but I argued that nowhere in jio website its written that my model is not permitted.
They made some calls and then agreed to take it.
Mine was little damaged piece physically, though it was working properly. Before leaving, i used a hammer to fix it. :lol:
They didn check it properly and thus got the 1k discount. :D

Aadhar ekyc was done and sim activated within minutes.

It was a nano sim. They said it can be used in 4g smartphones.

Overall a good experience. :thumb:

Only thing I forgot is that they didn sign/write anything in warranty card. ;)
They gave Bill with device's serial no. written. Hope its enough, or else I have to go again there to take their autograph.

Ok, So came back from the Jio Store.

Jiofi 3 is available only online and it costs 2k + 408 even with exchange of old modem.

In the digital xpress store, only jiofi 2 was available, same 2k +408, without exchange.
With exchange they were selling it for 1k + 408 :rofl::rofl:

Without any hesitation, happily bought it for 1500 rs. :clapping:

First they refused to accept Rcom dongle, but I argued that nowhere in jio website its written that my model is not permitted.
They made some calls and then agreed to take it.
Mine was little damaged piece physically, though it was working properly. Before leaving, i used a hammer to fix it. :lol:
They didn check it properly and thus got the 1k discount. :D

Aadhar ekyc was done and sim activated within minutes.

It was a nano sim. They said it can be used in 4g smartphones.

Overall a good experience. :thumb:

Only thing I forgot is that they didn sign/write anything in warranty card. ;)
They gave Bill with device's serial no. written. Hope its enough, or else I have to go again there to take their autograph.
clever guy :lol:

Now before using charge it for full (approx 90-120 minutes) and your Jio will be ready to serve you for 8/9 hours without any need for a charge.

They should have given this exchange offer earlier, I would have exchanged 2 of my dongles.