Invitation for wisdom - Dataservices

oxusmorouz

What is that? I just could not follow. Can you please explain?
Yahoo is not historically known for providing quality data and blips are supposed to take place often. A few bad ticks (even 1) could ruin a system which is derived from price since the signals are generated from price itself.
In one of the threads, someone posted about a system tested on data taken from yahoo and quotecenter (or some similar source). Test on yahoo data yielded a significant net profit whereas the other test resulted in a loss.

RSI

Yahoo is not historically known for providing quality data and blips are supposed to take place often. A few bad ticks (even 1) could ruin a system which is derived from price since the signals are generated from price itself.
In one of the threads, someone posted about a system tested on data taken from yahoo and quotecenter (or some similar source). Test on yahoo data yielded a significant net profit whereas the other test resulted in a loss.
Thank you very much for the nice and neat explanation. Now I got the point
Regards
R. S. Iyer

HAK

Before we talk about data let me comment about this 'should be free' attitude.There is never a shortage of the freeloaders, trying to get something for nothing, like there is free money lying around the corner for them to spend on weekends.If you havent paid your dues in work and on educating yourself, be prepared to become a mortuary statistic. I have met so many of those over the years that I have to distance myself from them due to the nauseating feeling :p

Also if you cant afford to pay 3k a month for real time data, seriously you shouldnt be trading, you are greatly undercapitalized. Ofcourse its different when you are learning to trade but still without practice on a tick feed for a minimum of 6 months you are underprepared for the realities of trading, but hey ..what do I know?

Ok so lets talk about data
The ones I have tried

eSignal
Its 80$ + exchange fees for basic service which can feed Amibroker, MS etc
Exchange fees for NSE is $2, BSE is $6
If you sign up for a year its 59$ PM, around 2700 Rs

Quotecenter
Faster than eSignal, with RT Options & Breadth data
135$ PM
Lots of extra goodies

Reuters Datalink EOD
Seriously slow updates

Viratech EOD, StoxTrend EOD
Ok Quality
Technical Trends EOD & RT ( RT is a joke )
Poor Quality

CV
:eek:
Hi CV,

Mr. SandipSaha has posted an excellent post regading cheap EOD service by a site "http://www.stockkhazana.com/" has any body tested this data.

Is there any other vendor who sells EOD MCX and NCDEX data.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
HAK

Anyone can trade, But only a few trade sucessfully, very few. "Chick Gosling" :D:D

Do see True Data India. I am absolutely SOLD over their new real time software - with back fill, live news & alert (sounds & pop ups) - Just Awesome. Do ask them for a free trial. Its for Amibroker. Here's the link www.truedataindia.com

0 delay

Keep up the good work guys.

Cheers !!
Technical trader

Could you throw light on the following abt true data india

1)Is back fill realtime or end of day? if you switch off your computer and restart after sometime do you get the data backfilled immediately.
2)Is futures data available? if yes what is the source. to my knowledge yahoo does not provide futures data.

Thanks

U

uasish

Plz guide me why esignal data service is better than these or is esignal at all better,if so how.
I dont want to be penny wise pound fullish.

U

uasish

Never ventured in Forex (except the Demo part),plz guide me.
1) Which Data Service ? (Use only Metastock)
2) Which Broker ? (Any good Indian House,having NSE / Commodity / Forex )
3) What System & back up ?
Any other things i should be aware of ?