Investment Basket

Re: Mutual Fund Investments options for 12K/Month

Reliance Growth
DSP ML tiger
DSP ML equity
Franklin Prima Plus
Hello Vicky,

Thank you so much, I appreciate your advice.

I just need little more clarity,

1. Can I also have Reliance Power Diversified Fund or the like, alongwith the list you provided above as I can take the risk? or is it the most balanced portfolio?

2. You suggested Franklin India Prima Plus. Should I go for Growth or Dividend? Please suggest for other Mfs above also, whether I should choose Dividend or Growth..

Please dont get agitated, I know you are a great advisor, believe me, I did perform a lot of research out of your posts. Thanks a ton in advance, I appreciate your time and effort.

Last edited:

1. Can I also have Reliance Power Diversified Fund or the like, alongwith the list you provided above as I can take the risk? or is it the most balanced portfolio?
Reliance Diversified Power Sector fund is a stunner!!! Amazing performance for 3 years in a row. But as it is a sector fund you have to analyze the sector. Its important to understand how long this sector and the stocks this fund invests in are going to be bullish. Based on that have an exit strategy to get out of this fund before you enter it.

2. You suggested Franklin India Prima Plus. Should I go for Growth or Dividend? Please suggest for other Mfs above also, whether I should choose Dividend or Growth..
Choose Growth if you want to get ur investments compounded. Choose dividend if you want automatic profit booking.

Reliance Diversified Power Sector fund is a stunner!!! Amazing performance for 3 years in a row. But as it is a sector fund you have to analyze the sector. Its important to understand how long this sector and the stocks this fund invests in are going to be bullish. Based on that have an exit strategy to get out of this fund before you enter it.

Choose Growth if you want to get ur investments compounded. Choose dividend if you want automatic profit booking.
Thanks a ton, Vicky! You are doing a great job!

So Finally my portfolio would precisely look like this:

1.Reliance Growth - Rs 2000/Month
2.DSP ML tiger - Rs 3000/Month
3.DSP ML equity - Rs 2000/Month
4.Franklin Prima Plus (Dividend) - Rs 3000/Month
5.Reliance Power Diversified Fund - Rs 2000/Month

Does it sound ok? Please confirm, thanks!

Last edited:
Hello Friends !!!

I was just wondering how an average middle class guys with a moderate salary or other income out here makes investment for their future.

I mean I guess there are two main aspects 1) Savings 2) Insurance.

With the current indian economy booming and with various options available, are some of you trying your hands at everything or keep a disciplined approach. Some of the choices availabe are listed below:

1) INSURANCE SCHEMES = Regular / Term Insurance
2) Stocks & Shares
3) Mutual Funds
4) PPF
5) NSC = 1 years, 2 years, 5 years etc
6) ULIPS
7) Purchasing Gold
8) Recurring Post Office Schemes and so on .........

The idea to ask the above question is to explore some disciplined successful experts over here so that the newbies know some sort of direction. Please also mention approx % of Investment in case you are opting for mulitiple Investments ( I am sure most of us opt for multiple investments as all things are not to be kept in one basket, however too many things also spoil the show......)

Thanks & Regards

Jeet

Everybody has his own preference in investment. It all depends on ur age, income, risk appetite, horizon, liabilities. A young unmarried corporate guy will invest differenty than 50yrs old person nearing retirement. But some time tested fundas r:
-Invest in SIP, anybody can invest that much ammount which is comfortable acc to his salary, expenses.
-Avoid ULIPs. Take term end insurance & ELSS separately
-Invest minimum needful in things like gold, of course keeping the temper of ur lady cool.
-Whether u go for MF, Stockes,Ulips,FD,NSS etc go into details about ur own risk appetite.
I personally do not invest in stocks at present. I have balanced my investments into FDs, PPF, MFs, one ULIP, ELSS, Post office MIS & RD.
Happy investing!

review this portfolio

Investment Objectives: Quick Capital Gain (Short Term 1-1.5 yrs)
SIP to buy these MF's
1) Standard Chartered Premier Equity - G (35%)
2) Reliance Diversified Power Sector - G (35%)
3) JM Basic - G (30%)

Re: review this portfolio

I cud nt find rationale! "SIP" to have "Quick Capital Gain". Dear, SIP is toatally different instrument with the aim of long horizon & diciplined investment for gradual money building. Better try ur luck directly in stocks if u are prepared to take risk of investing whole amm in narrow,sector funds

need urgent help decide portfolio

Hi,

I am a first time investor in MF.

I need guidence to invest 20k in MF for first time for 3-5 year tenure. and i also want to invest 20k for 1-2 year.
as well as 2k/mo SIP.

can anyone suggest me good fund i can invest ?

have pointed my eye on
JM Basic Equity - 10k
sunderam bnp paribas growth - 10k
UTI infra - 10k
ICICI Infra - 10k
Standard Chartered Premier Equity - 2k sip

invested 25k on RNRL

plz guide

Investment on MF

Hi,
Anybody suggest me, have invested 25k each on JM financial indoworld growth and Kotak Kotak Indo World Infrastructure Fund - Growth NFO

My concern is that the unit was alloted at Rs.10, when i am trakcing these NAV everyday but now showing below alloted unit price..
why like this???

Appreciate your valuable suggestion in this regard. as am a beginer, need to know how to invest on Mutual funds for new NFO

Rams