Investment Basket

Re: Please help me decide

hI,
I understand what you're trying to say but if I had Rs.100000 for example with an NFO I'd be able to buy 10,000units whereas with a NAV i would only get 2000 units.

ya it doesnt matter how many units I have as long as the growth is the same it wont matter correct??

Rgds,
Rishi

Rigid,

Welcome to the forum.

Among the funds you selected
ICICI Pru Infrastructure-G
DSPML T.I.G.E.R. Reg-G & JM Basic-G are infrastructure funds.
I suggest not to go for different funds of same investment profile.
DSPML Tiger is a good selection among infra funds.

There is no relation between NAV and growth.
If you invest in a fund during NFO at Rs.10 per unit and get 25% growth in one year; your NAV will be say 12.50 after one year.
A similar performing existing fund if you buy at an NAV of Rs.50 per unit shall give you 62.5 after one year @ 25% growth.

Low NAV funds shall be good when you go for Divident option since dividend is given on the no. of units you hold.

It is correct.

NAV has no relevance with the growth rate. It helps for the divident option when you have more units for the same amount at less NAV and the divident is applied for the no. of units you hold.

hI,
I understand what you're trying to say but if I had Rs.100000 for example with an NFO I'd be able to buy 10,000units whereas with a NAV i would only get 2000 units.

ya it doesnt matter how many units I have as long as the growth is the same it wont matter correct??

Rgds,
Rishi
Of course! the growth % matters

Want to invest 1lac

I want to invest 1lac for long term. I have divided it as:
HDFC Prudence 30k
DSP ML TIGER (G) 20k
Kotak Opportunity (G) 20k
Reliance Gr/JM Basic 20k
Reliance Divers Power (G) 10k
Is it right choice. plz suggest!

Mutual Fund Investments options for 12K/Month

Hello Everybody,

This is my first post on this wonderful website and I need to know what would be the correct portfolio for me as I need to invest in the Mutual Funds starting Feb 2008:

My Questions are:

1. What is better, SIP or ELSS and what is the difference? ( I am willing to take moderate to high risk)

My options are:

1.Reliance Power Diversified Fund.
2.Reliance Growth
3.DSP ML TIGER
4.DSP ML Equity
5.DSP ML Top 100
6.DSP ML Technology.com Fund
7.Magnum Contra
8.Franklin India Prima Plus (Growth or Dividend)?
9.JM Emerging Leaders
10.Kotak Opportunities
11.ICICI Prudential
12.ICICI Dynamic Plan
13.HDFC Growth Fund
14.Standard Chartered Premier Equity

Thanks in advance, please suggest the best combination.

Re: Mutual Fund Investments options for 12K/Month

I'll suggest you to keep your profile small. You can arrange your portfolio such as to get maximum benefit.

I'll recommend from your list ....
1. Reliance Power Diversified Fund
2. Magnum Contra

And others like
1. SBI Magnum Global.
2. Reliance Opportunities fund

SIP = Systematic Invesment Plan : You choose a fixed amount to be invested in particular fund every month. Making your portfolio a balanced on over a period of time.

ELSS = Equity Linked Saving Schemes : It refers to tax saving things. Consult your CA or investment manager on how much should you allot to ELSS fund. ELSS fund are less agressive and more safer than other Diversified and Index fund (which has more risky and more benefit).

Re: Want to invest 1lac

Hi !

Realign your investment like this...

(1) HDFC Prudence.........40%
(2) DSP ML Top 100........20%
(3) Kotak Opportunities...20%
(4) JM Basic...................10%
(5) Reliance Diversified Power ....10%

Happy investing.