Intraday trading structure

Status
Not open for further replies.

XRAY27

Guys...

Simple !!!! if you copy the methods of my trading or saint sir pivot method , or TDST or ytc or even albrooks...does this work for all ??...those are structure/s with in which we have to build your own system ..this thread is not a usual trading system thread i'm just pointing other side of a system...

Excellent Quote from ST da !!!

Trading is not something where one picks up a system from someone or learns a systems and starts making money. Every individual is different with different mindset...so every trader has to make a system which is in tune with his mind and beliefs. And that is not an easy task.

I have seen many successful traders but not yet seen 2 successful traders trading same/identical system....each of them has a different system...so system is not a plug and play thing.

Smart_trade

XRAY27

Understanding Price Action: practical analysis of the 5-minute time frame ..good book on 5 min time frame

XRAY27

My old post from learning group thread

Single time frame trading and multiple time frame trading

Single time frame

Single time frame trading involves only one chart where he trades on

1. More number of entries and whipsaw trades

2.Reversal trade attractions ..which often results in brewing the ledger

Multiple time frame

Multiple time frame analysis is a powerful tool that enables a trader to increase the probability of winning trades and minimise risk. The concept involves observing different time frames for the same asset, identifying the overall market direction on the higher time frames and then looking for entries on the lower time frames.

1. Low risk entries in direction of trend

2. No attractions for reversal trades

3. Limited trades
Always remember !!!! Great quote from Brett Steenbarger

XRAY27

ST da !!! Post on side way markets

What Should A Trader Do In A Sideways Market ?

Markets always go through trending and sideways phases. A sideways phase gives rise to trending phase and after trending phase we always get a sideways phase. This is very much predictable in any market, any timeframe.

If a trader is trading a trend following trading method trading Index Futures such as Nifty Futures , the sideways phase will give many false starts, whipsaws giving him losses.Trend following methods always make money during the trends and loose money in sideways markets. So if one is following a trend following method for all phases, he may make money overall if the length/ range of sideways phase is smaller than trending phase....but if the sideways phase lasts long...the losses will mount. I have seen some average crossover trading methods giving 8-10 consecutive loosing trades in last 8-10 days when market is sideways.

How does one handle this situation ? There are ways to find out ( though a bit after the phase starts ) that we are in sideways market. Once that is identified, either don't trade a sideways phase with trend following method or if you are trading thinking that the market has come out of sideways phase, trade small so that till market really starts trending your losses are kept minimum due to false starts....and when trend starts again, you can start making money with your methods.....not trading in choppy sideways markets which are unpredictable is very important trading decision.

Last few days being sideways many traders asked how to handle such a phase as they are loosing and getting whipped ....and remember that after sideways phase, a trending phase definately comes.....so be in good shape to trade that trending phase which will follow.

Smart_trade

XRAY27

thanks xray for sharing this...please find such gem post (i am sure u might have a collective and wont need to dig).....
yes !!! very few old posts, but almost all i have quoted in various threads...they are gems for traders

XRAY27

Another Gem from ST da for picking Range markets...

How to recognise Sideways and Trending markets

Trending and sideways phases are cyclic in any market and after a trending phase expect a sideways phase and after a sideways phase expect a trending phase.....if there is anything certain in the markets ...it is this.

Traders make money in trending phase and give it back in the sideways phase....sometimes they loose more in sideways phase. Every trader has to understand how he is going to negotiate the sideways phase so that he makes some money in it or at least preserve what he has made in a trend and again ride the trend when the market starts trending again...

How do we know that we are in sideways markets ? The charts will indicate that. I have taken an example of Nifty Futures 5 min chart.....we had a nice downtrend till point A , then we had an upmove upto point B.....the first indication of sideways market came when at point C market was unable to take out point B...then D,E,F,G all sideways moves till we get a breakdown of the range.....

Traders handle sideways phase in different ways depending on what he is comfortable with ...various ways of handling sideways phase are as under :

1) If you are a range trader, trade the extremes of sideways range....buy near the bottom of the range and sell near the top....

2) Decrease your volumes in sideways phase and increase back to normal volumes when trend starts.

3) Trade on sideways market indicators, oscillators, Bollinger bands extremes etc

4) Totally stay away in sideways phase and trade only trending phases....

So in this range either trade the extremes or just stay out and dont loose your capital and energy trading sideways markets......get on to trends when they start again.....

Smart_trade

vishal7176

Guys...

Simple !!!! if you copy the methods of my trading or saint sir pivot method , or TDST or ytc or even albrooks...does this work for all ??...those are structure/s with in which we have to build your own system ..this thread is not a usual trading system thread i'm just pointing other side of a system...

Excellent Quote from ST da !!!

i am agree with both of you statement .
what about a average person , those who want to sucessful in trading , but dont have too much knowledge , he /she cant invent new system , he /she cant create anything new

how to sucessful if above quality dont have him/ her .
it means only HIGH IQ people , only system creator sucessful in mkt ?
what about others.

i am struggling in last 6 year , jump here or there .. ..try too many system ...read ,again read , twice ,thrice .....ect ... learn again learn ...again and again .

try too many time one , two , three month on paper trading ...and its sucessful .
try in live market , i was fell in emotional basis , i improve my self and try again and again fell .

what is nexxt ? now GIVE UP and leave market ??
but again mind not accept , again mind says you can do whatever do , but do in market , you have great future in it . its only mind thought .

i fell most of time in my expectation from market and my emotional decision in market , that is main reason to fail in trading .

yes again i know thats the reason ...then why not work on it ?? ---i work thousand of time on it . but it will rise it head again and again .

What i do ?

Give UP ?

OR

TRY AGAIN ? if try again then how many times .

XRAY27

GM xray27 pls give any link avilable to download Bob volman under standing price action book Thankyou
There is no link i think,just buy that from amazon.in...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.