How to import EOD in FCharts

As per advice Mr. himadri i have downloaded de3.0.24.zip to feed eod data for FChart but convert process after downloading not succeed. As a result i can't feed data for FChart. Pl, help .

rajeshn2007

hi,
last few days the indices data cannot be downloaded from nse, using this software. anyone using this DE softw, can help, pl?
thanks

First unzip the file in a folder and create short of file DE to your
desktop. Now you create two more folders, one for downloading and another
for converted data. Now open data extractor, select date range, tick data
source nse, select source folder one of which you have created for
downloading and another for destination folder for converted data, tick data
links EOD. Connect with internet and download data for atleast for one year.
After downloading is complete press convert data. Programme is very fast.
Now you import the files in Fchart. In first set up it will take some time.
After importing data for one year, you regularly download EOD only which
keep updating your Fchart upto date. Hope things are clear to you.

Himadri
Just quoting this post again for those who are not able to download data from nse using Data extractor attached on first page.
The steps are -
1) Copy DE.exe onto your desktop.
2) Create two empty folders - one named downloading and second converted data on desktop.
3)Now double click DE.exe. Enter data range in from and to fields. Select Data source NSE.
4) In Source Folder field, select the folder titled downloading that you created in step 2. In Destination Folder field, select the folder titled converted data.
5) In data list, check EOD
6) Click Download.
7) Once download is complete, click convert.
8) Open FCharts, click on import/export tab (find that tab yourself). A new box will open. click on import folder and select the converted data folder you created in step2.
9) Done!

If any of the steps fail, try again. Make sure you are connected to internet while downloading data.

I have just used the above process and it did not work 2-3 times but I finally made it work using the above steps. I am still learning how to use it. Any suggestions on using TA and using this software to identify trends etc would be HIGHLY appreciated. I am new to TA etc etc.

Not able to make any money in this bad bear market for past many days, so lil frustu. :p

I use Get Bhav copy software by Hemen Kapadia. This downloads NSE Data for a date range on one day and the resultant CSV file can be directly imported into FCharts no need to convert. I got to know of this tool from one of the forums in this site only... the software can be downloaded from hemenkapadia.somee.com

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Kumar

hi friends
i m new pls send me the link to download the f-chart software
pls i m relationship manager in indiainfoline company pls help me and send some software link to have technical studies,,,,,,, pls friends

Hello Friends

I was using FCharts for sometime. It is an excellent software in the sense that it has a good number of features and capabilities. But please tell me I am not able to link it to a live data source for plotting intraday data. Is there a way to do that? If yes, how???