How to buy a farm house by trading markets!

Hello Yasir, ankit and Adag ,
first of all nice thread on forex you have here
I want to ask you a question about broker
I have an account with broker oanda that i used to fund with paypal
and i dont know why i am not able to fund the same acct with paypal using credit card...so can you help me how to do that?
Also i have opened an account with fxcm micro and want to fund it with credit card too but before doing that i want to know anyone of you using fxcm micro and has made deposit and withdrawal ? is the fxcm micro good broker in terms of deposit and withdrawal? i would also like to know whether any other broker that you have personally tried out that you would like to recommend for me? kindly help me with this..
Because trading profitably is not my problem because i have been doing that for 3 yaers but the problem is funding and withdrawing from a broker..
Thanks in advance
Pipshower
3 years profitable (on paper?? i guess) great man...
I deposit/withdraw from Oanda and FXCM using Paypal only. You can attach your CC or bank account to your personal paypal account and the transactions will be similar. I haven't had any problems in money transactions with Oanda they are very professional about it. FXCM though sometimes take about 3-4 Business days in transferring, but its no big deal.
In ODL I do not deposit/withdraw after my initial sum so I dont have much clue.

beethoven

I have accounts with Oanda, FXCM and ODL. I am not much into commodities only peek there to see whats happening, I trade Spot FX I prefer Oanda b'coz of their spreads. I have ODL account mainly for MT4, I kind of don't like the oanda charts as it slows the rendering but they are accessible from anywhere is their best part.
I am still a part timer, nursing a full time job....hopefully will go full time by end of this year or next year :)
Are you doing it full time??

Regards,
AdaG.
Adag,

Can you open accounts with these brokers sitting in India? If yes then what is the procedure?
Thanks for your help
Bee

3 years profitable (on paper?? i guess) great man...
I deposit/withdraw from Oanda and FXCM using Paypal only. You can attach your CC or bank account to your personal paypal account and the transactions will be similar. I haven't had any problems in money transactions with Oanda they are very professional about it. FXCM though sometimes take about 3-4 Business days in transferring, but its no big deal.
In ODL I do not deposit/withdraw after my initial sum so I dont have much clue.
My profits are all on live accounts .. leave that aside my main question is paypal allows funding the account from US banks only. And about paypal accepting the credit card thats what the problem is with me i am using HDFC credit card with paypal but not able to fund oanda account using the paypal acct with credit card..
If you can please elaborate how i can use my credit card with paypal that would be of immense help..
is it because my acct is personal only that i am not able to fund using credit card? or is it that i need to have paypal premier or business account to do that?
Your reply is kindly awaited
thank you
Regards
Pipshower

yasirdxb

New Trade :-

Gbp/usd Long @ 1.4255 - stop loss @ 1.3850 - target @ open

News Bit
--------

U.K. home values fell the most in at least 18 years in February as the recession deepened and banks withheld mortgage finance, Nationwide Building Society said. The average house price fell an annual 17.6 percent to 147,746 pounds ($211,000), the biggest drop since monthly data began in 1991, the mortgage lender said in a statement today.

yasirdxb

Gbp/usd Long @ 1.4250 - stop loss @ 1.3850 - target @ open

News Bit
--------

U.K. home values fell the most in at least 18 years in February as the recession deepened and banks withheld mortgage finance, Nationwide Building Society said. The average house price fell an annual 17.6 percent to 147,746 pounds ($211,000), the biggest drop since monthly data began in 1991, the mortgage lender said in a statement today.

ag_fx

Gbp/usd Long @ 1.4255 - stop loss @ 1.3850 - target @ open

News Bit
--------

News Bit
--------

Did you take two trades? coz the news remain the same and entry points are different....If its an Add operation, how come you added within 5 pips?(generally you add after another round of indicator/news)
Also, what kind of time frame are you keeping with this trade? Because carrying positions overnight incurrs cost and eats into your profits if positions are held long(untill of course there is big figure movement in ur favour).
Kindly enlighten.

Thanks

Happy Trading

Ankit

yasirdxb

stops updated

Did you take two trades? coz the news remain the same and entry points are different....If its an Add operation, how come you added within 5 pips?(generally you add after another round of indicator/news)
Also, what kind of time frame are you keeping with this trade? Because carrying positions overnight incurrs cost and eats into your profits if positions are held long(untill of course there is big figure movement in ur favour).
Kindly enlighten.

Thanks

Happy Trading

Ankit
Ankit,

That was a single trade.it came as double posts when I corrected the price.

For all trades, my time frame is a few days to few weeks. as you know carrying positions overnight always not end up in a cost. sometimes you get paid for carrying positions. remember the so called carry trades? not popular nowadays since interest rates are too low and everybody is after safety.anyway lets concentrate on the pips for now.

Open trades:-

Eur/usd short @ 1.2795 - stop loss @ 1.2795 - target @ open

-------------------------------------------------------------

News Bits
---------

The U.S. economy shrank in the fourth quarter at an even faster pace than previously estimated as consumer spending plunged, companies cut inventories and exports sank. Gross domestic product contracted at a 6.2 percent annual pace from October through December, more than economists anticipated and the most since 1982, according to revised figures from the Commerce Department today in Washington. Consumer spending, which comprises about 70 percent of the economy, declined at the fastest pace in almost three decades. The recession is forecast to persist at least through the first half of this year as job losses mount and purchases plummet.

yasirdxb

Jim Rogers, the world famous investor thinks Agriculture is where the money is going to be in the next couple of decades. seems a better time to own a farm. dont you think?:cool:

devangan123

Jim Rogers, the world famous investor thinks Agriculture is where the money is going to be in the next couple of decades. seems a better time to own a farm. dont you think?:cool:
Who is Jim Rogers ???

Last time I heard his interview when crude was at $ 110 after kissing $ 150 and he strongly said this is just a short term correction , do not sell of crude it will bounce rocky up to 200 $ within 6 months ..

Thanks god i did not went long after hearing his advise

Devan

Who is Jim Rogers ???

Last time I heard his interview when crude was at $ 110 after kissing $ 150 and he strongly said this is just a short term correction , do not sell of crude it will bounce rocky up to 200 $ within 6 months ..

Thanks god i did not went long after hearing his advise

Devan
First of all in his own words Jim says "I am the worst market timer". Just think about it, world population is increasing by leaps and bounds but the agricultural production is not increasing in the same ratio. Companies in China and India are buying lands in other countries to keep up their food supply. So some day commodities will come to their real values, but the questions is when??

Jim Rogers same as Peter Schiff is an investor not a trader. He is known as Buffett of commodities, so why is he not much popular and a top billionaire?? In 2006 Peter Schiff and Jim Rogers with many other economics said that US economy is going to collapse some day. Schiff specifically called the housing bubble. So Jim kept on going long on commodities and Peter short on equities. But real profit came only after November 2007. Around a whole year and a half later :p.

Its not a big deal to understand that oil and commodities are way undervalued at this point in time and will eventually reach their real values. But the question is can we as a trader who want to make a living out of the markets hold on to the positions and possibly big drawdowns in the mean time. We do not have a fund to manage and duration of such a trade could be in years.

Last edited: