How to buy a farm house by trading markets!

yasirdxb

Update

Xau/usd short @ 977.00 - stop loss @ 1025 - target @ open

Trade closed @ 987.00

Open Trades:-

Aud/usd short @ 0.6500 - stop loss @ 0.6850 - target @ open
----------------------------------------------------------------

News Bits

One camp of investors is buying gold because of fear the fiscal stimulus packages are insufficient to bring the economy out of recession, said Peter Fertig, owner of Quantitative Commodity Research Ltd. in Hainburg, Germany. The other camp fears the stimulus packages will lead to inflation.

Given the zero interest-rate policy being pursued by central banks around the world, the incentive to hold national currency has been taken away,

Traders are starting to use the speculative contracts blamed for fueling Wall Streets meltdown last year to measure currency strength as countries increase debt sales after pledging at least $2.4 trillion to kick-start their economies. Interest rates are becoming less useful for predicting foreign exchange as central banks slash borrowing costs to zero, narrowing differences between government debt yields.

Re: Update

Xau/usd short @ 977.00 - stop loss @ 1025 - target @ open

Trade closed @ 987.00

Aud/usd short @ 0.6500 - stop loss @ 0.6850 - target @ open
----------------------------------------------------------------

News Bits

One camp of investors is buying gold because of fear the fiscal stimulus packages are insufficient to bring the economy out of recession, said Peter Fertig, owner of Quantitative Commodity Research Ltd. in Hainburg, Germany. The other camp fears the stimulus packages will lead to inflation.

Given the zero interest-rate policy being pursued by central banks around the world, the incentive to hold national currency has been taken away,

Traders are starting to use the speculative contracts blamed for fueling Wall Streets meltdown last year to measure currency strength as countries increase debt sales after pledging at least $2.4 trillion to kick-start their economies. Interest rates are becoming less useful for predicting foreign exchange as central banks slash borrowing costs to zero, narrowing differences between government debt yields.
Hi yasirdxb....Quite a contrarian view in gold......which broker do you use to trade commodities and whats the spread for gold like?? On ODL securities its 50pts.

yasirdxb

Re: Update

Hi yasirdxb....Quite a contrarian view in gold......which broker do you use to trade commodities and whats the spread for gold like?? On ODL securities its 50pts.
I use Oanda. the spread was around 50 pts. but it has widened recently.

ODL seems to be a good broker. I dont personally like metatrader platform. but they are offering many markets in a single platform. how's your experience with them and how heavy you are trading?

Last edited:
I have accounts with Oanda, FXCM and ODL. I am not much into commodities only peek there to see whats happening, I trade Spot FX I prefer Oanda b'coz of their spreads. I have ODL account mainly for MT4, I kind of don't like the oanda charts as it slows the rendering but they are accessible from anywhere is their best part.
I am still a part timer, nursing a full time job....hopefully will go full time by end of this year or next year :)
Are you doing it full time??

Regards,
AdaG.

Last edited:

yasirdxb

News Bits

Standard & Poor's Ratings Services Tuesday warned it may cut India's credit rating to junk, saying the South Asian nation's fiscal position may be unsustainable in the medium term.

The warning follows the government's forecast last week its fiscal deficit for current fiscal year ending March 31 will balloon to 6% of gross domestic product from the initial target of 2.5%. For the next fiscal year, it expects the fiscal deficit at 5.5% of GDP.

The ratings agency cut its long-term sovereign credit rating outlook to negative on India's BBB- long-term and A-3 short-term ratings.

The yen may weaken as Japanese exports wane and investors are done paying back loans used to fund the so-called carry trade, according to Bank of Tokyo- Mitsubishi UFJ Ltd.

Reserve Bank of Australia Governor Glenn Stevens will slow the nations most aggressive round of policy easing when he lowers rates to a record next month, before the global recession spurs him to cut again later this year, interest-rate swaps show.

yasirdxb

New Trade:-

Eur/usd short @ 1.2795 - stop loss @ 1.3250 - target @ open

Aud/usd short @ 0.6500 - stop loss @ 0.6500 - target @ open
------------------------------------------------------------

ag_fx

New Trade:-

Eur/usd short @ 1.2795 - stop loss @ 1.3250 - target @ open

Aud/usd short @ 0.6500 - stop loss @ 0.6500 - target @ open
------------------------------------------------------------
Nice initiative Yasir..
I have seen quite a few trades posted by you...WHile, you do mention ur open posn, I guess it would be prudent to keep a track of all posns you closed and their end results.This would help you understand how good you are doing and are you really making any NET money(on paper trades may be).

Also, if you can share the reason behind a said trade, once you take it....It would help all the fellow members.

Regards,
Ankit

yasirdxb

Nice initiative Yasir..
I have seen quite a few trades posted by you...WHile, you do mention ur open posn, I guess it would be prudent to keep a track of all posns you closed and their end results.This would help you understand how good you are doing and are you really making any NET money(on paper trades may be).

Also, if you can share the reason behind a said trade, once you take it....It would help all the fellow members.

Regards,
Ankit
Thanks Ankit.

I'll post the results of the trades (in pips and dollars) from next month starting. becoz it is easy to track monthly performance. And NO! these are not paper trades. you are free to follow the calls and make some money:cool:

There are many reasons behind every trade. fundamental, technical and market tone ect.. I'll try to post some of those also.

Yasir.

Hello Yasir, ankit and Adag ,
first of all nice thread on forex you have here
I want to ask you a question about broker
I have an account with broker oanda that i used to fund with paypal
and i dont know why i am not able to fund the same acct with paypal using credit card...so can you help me how to do that?
Also i have opened an account with fxcm micro and want to fund it with credit card too but before doing that i want to know anyone of you using fxcm micro and has made deposit and withdrawal ? is the fxcm micro good broker in terms of deposit and withdrawal? i would also like to know whether any other broker that you have personally tried out that you would like to recommend for me? kindly help me with this..
Because trading profitably is not my problem because i have been doing that for 3 yaers but the problem is funding and withdrawing from a broker..
Thanks in advance
Pipshower