How Much we need to earn in Intraday Trading

Xaero

1.What you wanted to know and what have you known so far?
2.What was constructive about ashes post?

Pls dont take it otherwise I am not trying to be a prick, just wanted to know what was ur intention.
* by "what we need to know" I meant what we as traders should know about trading like stop losses, risk management etc..
* what even ashes or anyone else has posted, I feel was done in good faith to help shrugging traders and explain things in a simple way. I feel that is constructive and people need to add to it to make it "more correct"
* what I didn't understand was what johnnypareek has mentioned below and linkon7's reply... :D

hey,

Well, u can do these things when u r sure u r ennotions are controlled. In last 20 years i just found one thing, when 8 out of 10 ppls say buy, u better sell.

Thing is crowd. 1% either side is like flipping coin.

Well, I know one person who was not able to controll his ennotions. what he started to do is he opened a/c with 2 broking houses and in one a/c he buy n in second a/c he sell. any trade giveing losss he will be out n profitable he keeps. sonnetinne even then he booked loss.

Loss is part of trading. Do not try to be snnart, but polite with loss. When loss connes, welconne n forget.

johnny
sorry johnny, couldn't get your point. You are saying that your 20 years experience has taught you that its better to be a Contrarian than follow the trend.

your friend who buys in one account and sells the same thing in another account has to make a decision on when to close the trade of one account and let the other ride. why doesnt he just use that decision to trade that stock in that direction instead of making the broker rich.

and regarding the 1% thing, i think the point here is even if u maintain a risk reward ratio of just 1:1, if your success rate is higher than 50% then u end the week with a profit. A higher risk reward ratio will give you net profit even if the success rate is below 50%....
Did you understand what he was saying?

No hard feelings..

Ashes, I think a further clarification is required on what basis have u decided the buy levels. and the stock selection procedure. that way we can scan other stocks that fulfill the same criteria and enter them for the next day. This process can be repeated everyday and at the end of the month, we have a report on a trading system.
Dear Linkon7

I think some of members have misinterpreted my posts. I am not here to claim or promoting some trading strategy , only wanted to convince that earning from stock market is not very tough if we have definite set of rules and discipline in our trading method with good money management.

My first post was saying that we can earn good profit even we exit at 1 % from our position then why to greed for more. This 1 % theory is working in my trading and it may work in your trading too....

Regarding buy levels , i was not supposed to even give that but gave just to convince co - members for this 1 % theory , So that they can avoid greed of so - called better risk reward ratio which looks good for discussion.

Some of members pointed that is it so easy to have a trading strategy which can give 60 % accuracy , so i posted some levels to check whether this 60 % accuracy or more can be achieved or not .

If some advanced or super traders think my post is not constructive then he may be saying right bcoz i said in starting material in this thread is not applicable to advanced traders who are already earning consistently .

We may discuss later on regarding buy levels , first have to check their accuracy

ash.paul

Xaero,
Linkon's post was valid, he also admitted that he couldn't really figure what Johnny was trying to explain, neither did I. But dont makie it an issue, allow johnny to come forward and explain whenever he feels like. Look dude, its a public forum and there will be barriers in communication and you have to accept that English is not our/many of us native language neither do I think Hindi is, unfortunately.

Take it easy man, we have more issues to discuss and know as we all fall under newbie status.

praveen taneja

Give the Water in any small tree & care,
So that they grow Up for our better life.

Plant minimum a tree every year any where & Save earth...... its our Moral Duty of Humanity.

As it is such burning hot summer Due to Global Warming..We should Contribute to save our mother earth.

"Each One - Plant One"

Save Tree,
Save Water,
Save Energy,
Save World,
Save Earth,
&
Save Humanity.
------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ----
No Caste,
No Religion,
No Language,
No Boundaries,
Only......
"HUMANITY "

ash.paul

Dear Linkon7

I think some of members have misinterpreted my posts. I am not here to claim or promoting some trading strategy , only wanted to convince that earning from stock market is not very tough if we have definite set of rules and discipline in our trading method with good money management.

My first post was saying that we can earn good profit even we exit at 1 % from our position then why to greed for more. This 1 % theory is working in my trading and it may work in your trading too....

Regarding buy levels , i was not supposed to even give that but gave just to convince co - members for this 1 % theory , So that they can avoid greed of so - called better risk reward ratio which looks good for discussion.

Some of members pointed that is it so easy to have a trading strategy which can give 60 % accuracy , so i posted some levels to check whether this 60 % accuracy or more can be achieved or not .

If some advanced or super traders think my post is not constructive then he may be saying right bcoz i said in starting material in this thread is not applicable to advanced traders who are already earning consistently .

We may discuss later on regarding buy levels , first have to check their accuracy
Dear Ashes, your post is really good and constructive no doubt about it. No one is saying its not I believe, if they are then ignore em.

We were trying to come up with arguments and criticism on what you have illustrated so as to get a more clearer picture.
Like post no.5 by AW10 has explained what is missing in ur post. Plz also read Post no. 8 then you may understand what I was trying to say. Doesnt mean I am right. In Post no 22, I was trying to illustrate that your 1:-1 risk:reward strategy will fail even with 60% probabilistic wins rate which contradicts your original post. Post 28 by me and Post 30 by Linkon7 asking the same question for which you have just replied without enough clarification.

Let me ask you again, how are we going to check the 60% accuracy of your system or is that you dont want to share your strategy or you dont have one, whichever, fair enough dude but plz be clear.
Happy trading!!

Xaero

You asked..
1.What you wanted to know and what have you known so far?

Pls dont take it otherwise I am not trying to be a prick, just wanted to know what was ur intention.
I replied.. they you say...

But dont makie it an issue, allow johnny to come forward and explain whenever he feels like...
:confused:

Lets ignore the silly comments, they are just for fun and focus on the more important ones <- I know thats what you just said so we are on the same page now.. lets carry on...

Xaero

No probs with your posts ok... :thumb:

Dear Linkon7

ash.paul

* what even ashes or anyone else has posted, I feel was done in good faith to help shrugging traders and explain things in a simple way. I feel that is constructive and people need to add to it to make it "more correct"
I don't know why we are debating the same thing over and over. everyone who has posted here seems to know what we need to know. If anything we have all added enough info to any newbie to know about trading intraday.

That aside lets add something constructive like what you have done.
Xaero, who is saying it was not done in good faith and all these things, I was asking what was constructive means, what did you feel constructive about post no26 plz explain it in one line, so that I or any one else out here can contribute something constructive which meets your demand of Constructive.

linkon7

* what I didn't understand was what johnnypareek has mentioned below and linkon7's reply... :D

Did you understand what he was saying?

No hard feelings..
I dont understand why suddenly this thread is going into a ego-trip.

maybe, Jhonny was saying that market beats consensus. I couldnt get what he was saying. my humble apology to jhonny -bhai...! But his example about his friend did confuse me a bit.