How Much we need to earn in Intraday Trading

linkon7

Dear Linkon7

I think some of members have misinterpreted my posts. I am not here to claim or promoting some trading strategy , only wanted to convince that earning from stock market is not very tough if we have definite set of rules and discipline in our trading method with good money management.

My first post was saying that we can earn good profit even we exit at 1 % from our position then why to greed for more. This 1 % theory is working in my trading and it may work in your trading too....

Regarding buy levels , i was not supposed to even give that but gave just to convince co - members for this 1 % theory , So that they can avoid greed of so - called better risk reward ratio which looks good for discussion.

Some of members pointed that is it so easy to have a trading strategy which can give 60 % accuracy , so i posted some levels to check whether this 60 % accuracy or more can be achieved or not .

If some advanced or super traders think my post is not constructive then he may be saying right bcoz i said in starting material in this thread is not applicable to advanced traders who are already earning consistently .

We may discuss later on regarding buy levels , first have to check their accuracy
I appreciate that and thanks to your post, i have decided to revise my own profit expectations from a given trade.

Also, i feel that we can put this to test if we select a set of trade using a criteria and keep the expectation to a 1:1. Keeping a expectation of 1 : 1 will make sure we dont set too high expectations and hence increase our accuracy.

please do continue. we all start something with a particular intention and somehow, somewhere down the line, we keep adding / altering parameters and we end up with something awesome or something too complex. I am sure we can work this to something constructive for the benefit of some members...

ash.paul

I dont understand why suddenly this thread is going into a ego-trip.

maybe, Jhonny was saying that market beats consensus. I couldnt get what he was saying. my humble apology to jhonny -bhai...! But his example about his friend did confuse me a bit.
Exactly, how we kill a nice thread. Apologies from my behalf if I have contributed in this mess, although was not my intention.

Ego,The second you let that crap get to you, you're done. The ability to be independent and block out all the negativity you will receive is essential. The truth is, if you are coming into this market you are an adventurer and you should be proud of that fact. Most of the people putting you down will never do an exciting thing in their lives.(again not pointing anyone)

Learning to ignore that rubbish, by being independent, is a massive weight off any traders' shoulders.
So, lets do it all. Kill our own ego!!

Xaero

I think we need to focus on the postives (please lets not argue what is positive), so lets ignore what doesn't help and focus on the trading stratergy...

Awaiting results of the paper trading... mentioned by ashes in #26

AW10

Sir their are many such method available , we have to stick to one game plan , like every plan , no plan is 100 % fool proof , if we talk about how to trade with 60 % accuracy then trading on breakouts is best and easy method to trade
Ashes, I know there are many methods that has win % >60 but crux is finding them, believing in them to an extent where u can live with their drawdown when they go into their 40% performance zone..

IMO, belief and expectancy in the strategy is lot more important then win/loss %.
If you read the pro traders on topic of "evaluating a strategy", they don't count win/loss ratio as #1 important factor. Infact, many of them will say that they don't care for this. Factors like drawdown, series of drawdowns, expectancy, average risk and max risk of the strategy comes on the top.

Happy Trading.

sudoku1

the holy sins of intraday >
There is no greater sin than desire........ No greater curse than discontent......No greater misfortune than wanting something for 1self. Therefore........ he who knows that enough is enough in intraday will always have enough >>>>> & those who desire more than greed will get the graveyard ;)

always eat less than ur appetite...........;)

linkon7

Ashes,
What is the progress with the trades u mentioned. I am sure you did not bargain for so much pressure from our side, but you are at the centre of the stage and the focus light is on you. Audience is waiting for you to speak so they can applaud their heart out. I am waiting and i already powdered my hands....

ash.paul

Ashes,
What is the progress with the trades u mentioned. I am sure you did not bargain for so much pressure from our side, but you are at the centre of the stage and the focus light is on you. Audience is waiting for you to speak so they can applaud their heart out. I am waiting and i already powdered my hands....
I dont think there is anything left to be tested in terms of moneymanagement principle, everything can be/has been proved on paper based on the expectancy formula which you had mentioned in yours or AW10's earlier post.
The only thing which needs attention is the strategy, unless and untill anyone has got a strategy which has got more than 60% kind of winning outcomes/rates or out of 10 trades if the first 3/4 trades are loosers then also the next 7/6 profitable trades should generate a overall system profit provided the average risk on each trade is reasonable(1-2% of capital) and as mentioned risk/reward= 1: (-)1{trading cost both ways}. And I really dont think Ashes wants to move this thread in that direction

I thinking to open demat a/c with edelweiss. They told me, they provide 20 times exploser by cover order on available cash in demat a/c .

Please help me edelweiss user, It is right or wrong?
If true, so how much balance to maintain in demat a/c?
Can i get cover order fiture in all bse equity stocks?
And what is cover order? It is like intraday transection?

I send many post with my doubt and problem and i get only one replay.

Please help me and describe above mention query through your veiw. Please help me i hope now i can get a possitive answer. And i am waiting for your comment.

manishchan

A good one !
But instead of taking 1% profit how about moving SL 1% below at every % ?
Hi... I am a newbie and have been looking for post like this. Thank you very. However, I am confused at a point. I will give an example: Let's say I start with 1,00,000 and my broker gives me 5 times.. so I have 5,00,000. Now, I buy SBI 304 shares @ 1643 (today's price during midday) for intraday which almost matches my total available amount. Now, if I think of 1% profit on my ammount which is 5,00,000, I should be selling my stocks at 1659 (304*1659=504472). Does this mean, that I will have too earn a total of 16 points on my shares (1659-1643) ?. If yes, that does not seem so attractive to me. As, I don't see if anyone can be accurate enough to eary 16 points to make 1% profit ?? ... Food for thought ???