Help needed to solve range bar problem

=========

How can we use ManshiRT for Multicharts ? Hope you are using Multicharts. Please, tell me your views about Amibroker and Multicharts.

=========
Multicharts is buggy, every no and then a new fix.
Its developer is a faker. I don't trust softwares of developers who are fakers.

Well I do not use Amibroker, though there are many people who swear by it.
Perhaps it is because of too many useless colourfull studies available over the net which were not so quite pleasing to my eyes and some how i do not like the kind of candles it plots. I would prefer Metastock anyday because the charts look more cleaner.
Nothing against Amibroker its just that it didnt interest me and I found Metastock better when I started trading.

Got intrested in Tradestation and then Multicharts 2 years ago because of its radar or scanner window and because of various charting options it offers.

It has actually helped me improve my trading.

Again I suggest not to be loyal to a charting software. Pick whatever suits you
Thanks for ur valuable inputs :clapping:

Iam only couple of months old in commodities and am looking to trade range bars

Right now i have only odin feeder from volumedigger and iam using it only for back-fills since back-filled data is better than RT data for range bars. Odin gives out 5sec data thru backfills.

Since i trade only one chart, i dont see the burden of backfilling every now and then.

Since iam familiar to code in VB, iam tired of trying to learn C coding in amibroker AFLs...its not just happening at all

1. Is there a charting software where i can code in Basic syntax?
2. Any other tools which will support my type of trading
3. Pls share couple of days copper mcx tick data in .csv format from esignal or mdp, this will really help in comparison

DETWO,

Thanks for all your valuable posts in this thread!! Based on your experience with Amibroker I have just purchased the latest version and am using real time Esignal data for Australian Stocks. I have been interested in range bars for a while. When you go to FILE>NEW>DATABASE and choose your number of bars, how many bars do you input?? Also when you go to TOOLS>PREFERENCES>INTRADAY what are your settings on the right hand side ( I am not concerned about your chosen intervals).

Thanks in advance Simon

60 days of US intraday 1-minute data are around 24.000 bars. Don't know Australian market. But for range bars you probably need a higher number, depends. There is a 500.000 bars limit set in AB (it's there for slow machines and to prevent users from putting in extreme values without thinking, quote by T.J.). But for experienced users there is a hidden feature or easter egg implemented that can erase that limit. Just go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TJP\Broker\Settings of your Windows registry and add DWORD key MaximumNumberOfBars and set it to a new custom limit, e.g 1000000 instead of 500000. You have to add it yourself. It's for experienced PC users. To get to your windows registry go to Windows Start>Run and enter regedit. But before doing that just test with different settings. Don't know what you would need. Other than that Amibroker support is always the best option to ask.

Regarding TOOLS>PREFERENCES>INTRADAY and the right hand side. I've set 'start time of interval'. But for range bars you could set 'time of first tick inside bar'. Realtime chart refresh time set to 0.

Remember you need tick data for REAL range bars and use new 5.5 RC1 of AB. Final version is gonna be released in a few days but that RC1 (release candidate 1) already is very reliable like all other beta versions of AB. AB betas are very stable in general.

Anything else?

how to set range bar in ami, will it work with 5.3 ami
Go to Tools- preferences- intraday - Custom tick/n-volume/range chart settings and choose. Then go to your chart, do right click there and choose intraday and there choose your range bar setting. You also can establish buttons for those settings on your tool bar. Simply go to tools - customize - commands - view and drag & drop 'intraday' on your toolbar then extact your custom settings to the tool bar and rename them according to range bars setting. then drag and drop 'intraday' button back to the customize window and close the customize window. So for example tool bar will look like the sample attached below. On the right side you can see range bar buttons 4R 8R 16R. There are videos on the AB website that explain customizations.

And use most recent version of AB, 5.50 RC1 because it has a range bars fix.

Attachments

kaly422000

Go to Tools- preferences- intraday - Custom tick/n-volume/range chart settings and choose. Then go to your chart, do right click there and choose intraday and there choose your range bar setting. You also can establish buttons for those settings on your tool bar. Simply go to tools - customize - commands - view and drag & drop 'intraday' on your toolbar then extact your custom settings to the tool bar and rename them according to range bars setting. then drag and drop 'intraday' button back to the customize window and close the customize window. So for example tool bar will look like the sample attached below. On the right side you can see range bar buttons 4R 8R 16R. There are videos on the AB website that explain customizations.

And use most recent version of AB, 5.50 RC1 because it has a range bars fix.
thanx for info but may be 5.30 dont have option for range bar setting