Going with the Intraday Mini-Flow!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

ratan jain

sorry rakesh... server is too crowded with key word ' saint ' ..cant help,
didnt get 2 bar sl ? i think we use 4 wrb ? ..u mean to say before 4 bar rule there were diff. rules? and on 30 min. tf chart from left, why we r not considering third down tick after 2 white wrb ? ..it seems logical low of congestion zone. plz let me know we invaded that low + room ?
interestingly, white bar been negated by colored bar and its low hasnt taken as a sar, is it cuz of white bar is not a WRB ?
i wd love to see others comments as my knowledge for the flow method is still tiny bit.
I doubt the common person on this thread would be able to understand all this....

Hi,
Would anyone confirm whether going short below the red line is correct....this is the chart of 7 jan 08.

I think somewhere Saint had posted in this thread the trades of this day (Alex, the server...can u help here)...and he didnt go short at the red line. Though the rules have changed somewhat after that....but still if someone sees it differently from me, pl let me know.

Thanks,
Rakesh[/QUOTE]

Page 295 - Posts 2942 and 2946. Key is multiple timeframes confirmation and Saint looks into 20 min charts.

Thanks,
Amit

pakatil

Just my 2 cents, doe we need to tweak the system further? is it absolutely necessary that we HAVE to be perfect on EVERY count? In tweaking, there is allways an equal and opposite effect somewhere else to the system.

Because if u tweak from one side, the other side will give problems.
The system is giving good money, though I still have to trade based on it. But from what I can gather from my visit to this thread, it is more successful that the system that I am currently trading. And simple too.

My thought is that its not necessary to pull each and every point from a trade. If we can capture 50 % of a move, its enough
And if we keep tweaking and tweaking, we will never be able to commit big quantity to a system under development. People will still have things to understand, and will be in a constant state of flux.

After is system is declared complete, we can commit big money.

I know I am going to be voiced against for this post, but this is what I feel and this is what I have said.

Have been Trading this method since 4 weeks ( From 29th Sep). It has produced 1233 points. Have I got them all. Sadly no. Err is mine. First two weeks going was very good, unbelievable gains. In the 3 / 4 week, I chickened out from 3rd Trade after reverses in the first two Trades. On 15th, 16th, 20th third Trade not only recovered the initial losses, but ended in gains!!!. Half of my first two weeks gains got wiped off. To crown this, could not Trade on 17th & 24th due to other preoccupations. 440 points was there to be taken on these two days. :D

Still in Gains, unbelievable for a chronic loser. :D:D

I don't think that I am good enough to tweak. Not sticking to Plan seems to be my biggest problem. :)

Cheers

Hi,
Would anyone confirm whether going short below the red line is correct....this is the chart of 7 jan 08.

I think somewhere Saint had posted in this thread the trades of this day (Alex, the server...can u help here)...and he didnt go short at the red line. Though the rules have changed somewhat after that....but still if someone sees it differently from me, pl let me know.

Thanks,
Rakesh[/QUOTE]
What I see from the charts is this. Gap down opening day, prices moving upward. Visible pivot low formation took place on 6th colored bar on 30min chart or 4th colored bar on 60min chart. Refering 15min chart 5th, 6th and 7th bars are sideways moves only and clear-cut pivot is not there. Besides these are NRBs. One would have taken a long position by this method (the current "Intraday mini flow") and SL would have been low-7 of 6th bar on 30min chart.

Have been Trading this method since 4 weeks ( From 29th Sep). It has produced 1233 points. Have I got them all. Sadly no. Err is mine. First two weeks going was very good, unbelievable gains. In the 3 / 4 week, I chickened out from 3rd Trade after reverses in the first two Trades. On 15th, 16th, 20th third Trade not only recovered the initial losses, but ended in gains!!!. Half of my first two weeks gains got wiped off. To crown this, could not Trade on 17th & 24th due to other preoccupations. 440 points was there to be taken on these two days. :D

Still in Gains, unbelievable for a chronic loser. :D:D

I don't think that I am good enough to tweak. Not sticking to Plan seems to be my biggest problem. :)

Cheers
With tweaks we may be able to save a few stoplosses and can have few early entries. If the system is profitable without tweaks,we should attempt to trade the system effortlessly and to the full capacity as per our MM rather than trying to make a few extra points by tweaking the system.Too many tweaks require more thinking and result into less action on the system.

Smart_trade

rajendrani

With tweaks we may be able to save a few stoplosses and can have few early entries. If the system is profitable without tweaks,we should attempt to trade the system effortlessly and to the full capacity as per our MM rather than trying to make a few extra points by tweaking the system.Too many tweaks require more thinking and result into less action on the system.

Smart_trade

please check your pm and reply whenever you get time

thanks and regards,
rajendrani

Though I am a muslim, I celebrate Diwali with my friends and neighbours. This year, I will light a diya in my home too, to show my respect to Saint, who has been a guiding light here.
Thank you for your kind words,Ratan.

Wishing you a Happy Diwali and a great year ahead in health,wealth and happiness.

Saint

Status
Not open for further replies.