Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
Just received the welcome letter.

Few questions regarding backoffice:

1. I had filled in the nominee details, but in backoffice, I do NOT see anything under nominee tab under client master view, why is that? How to get this fixed?
2. I contacted Fyers sales team directly after going through the thread here, I still see some introducer code info under Permanent details/introduces details tab. Or this details is of the sales person who was helping out?
3. Under Gen Details, I see something called as "SMS charges" checked, what charges are these?

Q's regarding F1:

1. On the first login in the title bar it kept saying "not responding" is this normal?
2. After a while message window asked me if I want to update to the latest version, I said yes. After the update when I try to login it says "unable to load trading components, contact admin"
[Age old solution of reboot did not work, Uninstall and install -> update worked this time] and will share my Q's or feedback on the same as well.

Q's regarding FWeb:

1. There is no theme support in Tradingview (TV) of FWeb, like in Tradingview (TV)?
2. Is there a way I can view continuous futures chart? Rather than just the data for a particular contract. Would be really helpful ATLEAST to have the daily data (which we can view 1W or 1M also) for this.
3. Just today TV has given a new update where they have Range charts, would that come to FWeb?
4. There are some issues with symbol/name searches:
a) If I type NIFTY I get all the list (when all types selected), even NSE:NIFTY50-INDEX and NIFTY50-INDEX is shown
b) then if I type NIFTY50 it does NOT even show NIFTY50-INDEX
c) If I type NSE:NIFTY (symbol search not name), it shows nothing
AFAIK on TV, it searches symbol/name, and I guess it tries matches Symbol first, as its unique on an exchange, but shows the matches for both symbol and name
How do you know what it is searching, after entering the NIFTY, look at what it is highlighting, if I search NIFTY it should match both symbol and name and show the results (check TV).
5. Any idea if Volume Profile will be available?
6. I was trying to see if this would work: BANKNIFTY/NIFTY or NIFTY18JUN10800CE+NIFTY18JUN10800PE, looks like the + - x / ^ 1/ is NOT available :( or I am missing something here?

So far these Q's/issues on the first look.
Hi @ragsid,

1. Nominee Details are filled in the back-office. Please check again! We just refreshed your page from our end.

2. That's a dummy introducer code for our internal references. Don't worry, you are our direct client :).

3. Under Gen Details --> Charges Setting --> SMS Setting is 'un-checked'. Which means that there will not be any charges.

Answers regarding Fyers One:

1. When the application loads for the first time, it is busy downloading historical data from the exchanges. You will observe that it will be mentioned on the bottom left-hand side of the app screen on your system. Once the download is fully completed, It will work just fine. The first time the load time will be higher.

2. Yes, upon installing if there any updates, it will ask at the end. If you get any issues with order placement, please let me know.

Answers regarding Fyers Web:

1. Those features are not provided to us by TradingView as yet. We have communicated this to them.

2. We have plans of introducing continuous charts once MCX is launched. We'll take this up once we are a bit free.

3. Yes, if you type NIFTY for instance, we have intentionally shown all the most relevant results.

4. If you type NIFTY, it shows you the spot index, the futures contracts and near month option contracts. We believe this is good.

5. When TradingView will give us the update. This has been communicated to them already.

6. Didn't understand the 6th point. Please try re-explaining this.

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
@rahulsharma17, How should I know why MCX's website is down? I think you should call MCX and find out :). I neither work at MCX nor am I responsible to ensure that their website works. We are just a Trading Member of MCX and their main website has nothing to do with the data feeds/order execution because the website is almost always hosted separately from the trading applications.

I won't be surprised if you asked me why someone slipped over a banana peel next time :).

Hope this clarifies.

@bull375,

1. We will take up news notifications in the future.
First point is clear. Is there any proper alternative website that we traders can refer for the quarterly reports, board meeting results, etc
Already it is available in fyers one.But not the full news update. If there is any important news released, there is a icon like speaker in the script left side. We have to just click that icon to get the announcement.

Sent from my M5_lite using Tapatalk
Yes I am aware it is already available in Fyers One but it is not there in Fyers Web. Fyers web is awesome to use as Fyers One does not have drawing tools replication of trend lines, horizontal lines, vertical lines and a measuring tool. Looking forward for news notification tool in Fyers web so as traders we dont have to use both the platforms. It would be really cool to have a complete Fyers web platform.

@rahulsharma17, How should I know why MCX's website is down? I think you should call MCX and find out :). I neither work at MCX nor am I responsible to ensure that their website works. We are just a Trading Member of MCX and their main website has nothing to do with the data feeds/order execution because the website is almost always hosted separately from the trading applications.

I won't be surprised if you asked me why someone slipped over a banana peel next time :).

Hope this clarifies.
You are about to launch MCX, so you are responsible for their website..... LOL

No offense @rahulsharma17

6. Didn't understand the 6th point. Please try re-explaining this.
This is available for Pro a/c only on TV, just like vol Profile etc. If you check the symbol here: https://www.tradingview.com/x/43dqXP9R/ on top left hand corner, this is a ratio chart of BANKNIFTY/NIFTY, likewise I can do any of the math + - / x or 1/ (inverse chart) - https://www.tradingview.com/x/iwzKK17a/ (sometimes helps in seeing the chart from other end) or any 2 symbols available https://www.tradingview.com/x/hQo2pk5w/ (NIFTY in dollar terms)

This function is very useful for this kind of ratio analysis or in case of options, I can easily plot straddle/strangle charts, by giving two symbols, lets say:
NSE:NIFTY18JUN10700CE+NSE:NIFTY18JUN10700PE (TV does not have NSE FO data, hence I cant :( )

It would be really great if you could get this feature working on Fyers web as you have already tied up with TV.

[Edit: If you get all (or most) the features (their server side alerts on anything and everything is amazing as well) available there on TV, I dont have to renew my subscription there :D, am already thinking not to renew :) )

Attachments

This is available for Pro a/c only on TV, just like vol Profile etc. If you check the symbol here: https://www.tradingview.com/x/43dqXP9R/ on top left hand corner, this is a ratio chart of BANKNIFTY/NIFTY, likewise I can do any of the math + - / x or 1/ (inverse chart) - https://www.tradingview.com/x/iwzKK17a/ (sometimes helps in seeing the chart from other end) or any 2 symbols available https://www.tradingview.com/x/hQo2pk5w/ (NIFTY in dollar terms)

This function is very useful for this kind of ratio analysis or in case of options, I can easily plot straddle/strangle charts, by giving two symbols, lets say:
NSE:NIFTY18JUN10700CE+NSE:NIFTY18JUN10700PE (TV does not have NSE FO data, hence I cant :( )

It would be really great if you could get this feature working on Fyers web as you have already tied up with TV.

[Edit: If you get all (or most) the features (their server side alerts on anything and everything is amazing as well) available there on TV, I dont have to renew my subscription there :D, am already thinking not to renew :) )
10700 straddle TV chart from CM - https://snap.capitalmind.in/images/j6hbiblpeg.png
I guess they are using the free license (am not sure how it works) from TV, but creating the straddle data (and symbol) on the backend, so its available as a symbol, with this it would be restricted only to the symbols created in the backend, if you have math functions features for symbols any 2 symbols' math function can be created dynamically on the fly.

Hi @ragsid,

1. Nominee Details are filled in the back-office. Please check again! We just refreshed your page from our end.
3. Under Gen Details --> Charges Setting --> SMS Setting is 'un-checked'. Which means that there will not be any charges.
1. I see the nominee details now. Thanks for following up.
3. Please get someone to check this, as I still see SMS charges checked (pls refer attached pic) under Gen Details.

Attachments

bpr

Latest Update on MCX: Recently, SEBI declared it's intent to restrict retail participation in the securities markets based on income parameters. Hence, we had to modify our NSE platform in a way that accommodates the regulatory requirements. After we got the MCX license, their systems were standard but they have a new version which requires us to embed the clients' details including PAN number in each order/request which is sent to the exchange. We are currently making these necessary updates on our platform and doing it in a way that fits all the exchange's requirements seamlessly in the back-end.
oh my god another scandal waiting to happen there should be no identifying info associated with order the order should be fully anonymous. this opens the door for further manipulation by exchange employees and possibly others if others also get hands on this info.