Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
Traders,

Did you Know: We are the only/among the only stockbroker in India that provides 'Bond Market Indices' which you can add to your watchlist? You can also create a separate watchlist only to track Bond Markets as I have. Every trader must understand how the bond markets work and what their condition is at the moment. Apart from CNBC TV18 news flash, there is no other place which can give you a sense of what's happening. A comprehensive view is necessary to construct a thesis & be more aware. Hence, we decided to add Bond Market Indices to our list of indices. In fact, you can get real-time feed for the bond markets and get a better understanding of what's happening in India's macro environment at all times.

How to add NIFTY Government Bond indices to your Watchlist? Type 'NIFTY' in your watchlist search box and select Indices option in the filtering Menu just beneath and scroll down to find all the Indices which are specially designed to represent the Government Bond Markets. We know that most retail traders don't care or are not aware of the basics of bond markets, but it is very important as it has a high influence on how the equity markets perform. The list of Indices which are available on Fyers Web are mentioned below. Also, the links contain details of each of the index with a full explanation of what it is and how it is calculated:

1. Nifty Composite G-Sec Index (Scrip Code - NIFTYGSCOMPOSITE-INDEX).
2. Nifty 4-8 year G-Sec Index (Scrip Code - NIFTYGS48YR-INDEX).
3. Nifty 8-13 year G-Sec Index (Scrip Code - NIFTYGS813YR-INDEX).
4. Nifty 10-year Benchmark G-Sec Index (Scrip Code - NIFTYGS10YR-INDEX).
5. Nifty 10-year Benchmark G-Sec (Clean Price) Index (Scrip Code - NIFTYGS10YRCLN-INDEX).
6. Nifty 11-15 year G-Sec Index (Scrip Code - NIFTYGS1115YR-INDEX).
7. Nifty 15 years and above G-Sec Index (Scrip Code - NIFTYGS15YRPLUS-INDEX).

I thought it makes sense have the option to view these indices. It gives a comprehensive view of the debt markets and we hope you all like it.

Good day!

Last edited:
Traders,

Did you Know: We are the only/among the only stockbroker in India that provides 'Bond Market Indices' which you can add to your watchlist? You can also create a separate watchlist only to track Bond Markets as I have. Every trader must understand how the bond markets work and what their condition is at the moment. Apart from CNBC TV18 news flash, there is no other place which can give you a sense of what's happening. A comprehensive view is necessary to construct a thesis & be more aware. Hence, we decided to add Bond Market Indices to our list of indices. In fact, you can get real-time feed for the bond markets and get a better understanding of what's happening in India's macro environment at all times.

How to add NIFTY Government Bond indices to your Watchlist? Type 'NIFTY' in your watchlist search box and select Indices option in the filtering Menu just beneath and scroll down to find all the Indices which are specially designed to represent the Government Bond Markets. We know that most retail traders don't care or are not aware of the basics of bond markets, but it is very important as it has a high influence on how the equity markets perform. The list of Indices which are available on Fyers Web are mentioned below. Also, the links contain details of each of the index with a full explanation of what it is and how it is calculated:

1. Nifty Composite G-Sec Index (Scrip Code - NIFTYGSCOMPOSITE-INDEX).
2. Nifty 4-8 year G-Sec Index (Scrip Code - NIFTYGS48YR-INDEX).
3. Nifty 8-13 year G-Sec Index (Scrip Code - NIFTYGS813YR-INDEX).
4. Nifty 10-year Benchmark G-Sec Index (Scrip Code - NIFTYGS10YR-INDEX).
5. Nifty 10-year Benchmark G-Sec (Clean Price) Index (Scrip Code - NIFTYGS10YRCLN-INDEX).
6. Nifty 11-15 year G-Sec Index (Scrip Code - NIFTYGS1115YR-INDEX).
7. Nifty 15 years and above G-Sec Index (Scrip Code - NIFTYGS15YRPLUS-INDEX).

I thought it makes sense have the option to view these indices. It gives a comprehensive view of the debt markets and we hope you all like it.

Good day!
Are these tradable ??

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
Btw, I just noticed that we crossed 1,00,000+ views on our Traderji thread recently. It's been a pleasure and an ongoing learning experience to interact with everyone here but just wish that there were more active participants. I am fully aware of the fact that other mainstream platforms have more users/userbase but I have so far been most committed to Traderji hoping that the participation will grow in a healthy and steady manner. All those who have been silent spectators, I hope our interactions here have added some value.

I wish the Traderji community grows multi-fold in volumes and content in the months and years to come!

@Tejas Khoday

Is there a place where I can see split of total trans charges (i.e split of exchange charges and CM charges in %, I understand the total trxn charges in Fyers calculator includes both) for Futures and options?
Something like this - https://zerodha.com/charges

For options: Exchange txn charge: 0.05% and Clearing charge: 0.009% ? Am I right?
For futures: ?

anildnr

Hi tejas...i opened the account and started with fyers markets...
The ui part is really looking fresh and user friendly without much difficulties..
The 4x leverage u r providing is simply superb for intraday
Simplified sign on approach is good to login easily
Only one thing is sometimes app getting hanged and asking to relogin. That is the only issue i faced in these 3 days.

One more doubt i have..except brokerage what are the other charges that will differ from broker to broker? If yes is anything more that is more in fyers compared to other brokers.
Why i am asking is with my prev broker i roughly calculate 100 plus rupees (it includes all charges except brokerage)for 1lakh turnover. Here my calculation is not matching..let me know if i am missing something

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
Hi tejas...i opened the account and started with fyers markets...
The ui part is really looking fresh and user friendly without much difficulties..
The 4x leverage u r providing is simply superb for intraday
Simplified sign on approach is good to login easily
Only one thing is sometimes app getting hanged and asking to relogin. That is the only issue i faced in these 3 days.

One more doubt i have..except brokerage what are the other charges that will differ from broker to broker? If yes is anything more that is more in fyers compared to other brokers.
Why i am asking is with my prev broker i roughly calculate 100 plus rupees (it includes all charges except brokerage)for 1lakh turnover. Here my calculation is not matching..let me know if i am missing something
Hi @anildnr. That's nice to know. Glad you like the UI and the 4x leverage that we provide for derivatives. It hangs during re-login? Is it for a few seconds or does it require a restart at your end?

Here's a comparison of our charges & our competitors:

1. Equity Delivery = 0
2. Thematic Investing = 0
3. Equity Intraday = 0.01% < ₹20 per executed order.
4. Futures = 0.01% < ₹20 per executed order.
5. Options = ₹20 per executed order.
6. Call & Trade Services = ₹20 per executed order.
7. Admin Square Off Charges = ₹20 per executed order.

Other charges levied by others including the Clearing Member, Depository Participant, State Governments etc. This can vary from broker to broker by a bit. FYI, we don't levy these fees and they tend to be volume based rather than a flat fee.

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
@Tejas Khoday

Is there a place where I can see split of total trans charges (i.e split of exchange charges and CM charges in %, I understand the total trxn charges in Fyers calculator includes both) for Futures and options?
Something like this - https://zerodha.com/charges

For options: Exchange txn charge: 0.05% and Clearing charge: 0.009% ? Am I right?
For futures: ?
We will include all the exchange, clearing charges etc. on our website in the future. Currently, we don't have them listed.