Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
1. Y dont you provide NSE NOW as Trading platform because I never faced any problem till now, using from past 2014. Today Fyers was showing error for order modification.?
2. Y cant you use same network providers those giving service to NOW platform, instead of telling the problem later.
3. Who will take responsibility if market moves against, due to lack of connectivity to exchange lost? some times minor connectivity issue brings major issue to end users.
We didn't have a downtime so to speak. But there was a minor fluctuation because NSE's connectivity provider (I don't want to name the Telecom Operator), had some issues. More than 90+ brokers/members were affected because of this week.

1. NSE NOW also works on connectivity from the same lines At the end of the day, telecom Operators' leased line redundancy is a must whether it is NSE NOW or Brokers' platforms. On our platforms, less than 0.5% of the traders faced a temporary issue.

2. Of course, we are using the same telecom operators' services that NSE uses. In fact, we have more than one service provider to ensure a higher up-time just in case one of the telecom operators leased lines are down.

3. You see, as a broker, we are part of the chain. (Exchanges --> Telecom Providers --> Broker's applications on hosted Data Centers --> Telecom Providers --> Clients). This is the chain through which information is transmitted from the exchange to the end user. Yes, I know that connectivity is the most important thing for traders and that's why it's our No. 1 priority. We have taken measures to ensure a higher up-time than other brokers.

superman

We didn't have a downtime so to speak. But there was a minor fluctuation because NSE's connectivity provider (I don't want to name the Telecom Operator), had some issues. More than 90+ brokers/members were affected because of this week.

1. NSE NOW also works on connectivity from the same lines At the end of the day, telecom Operators' leased line redundancy is a must whether it is NSE NOW or Brokers' platforms. On our platforms, less than 0.5% of the traders faced a temporary issue.

2. Of course, we are using the same telecom operators' services that NSE uses. In fact, we have more than one service provider to ensure a higher up-time just in case one of the telecom operators leased lines are down.

3. You see, as a broker, we are part of the chain. (Exchanges --> Telecom Providers --> Broker's applications on hosted Data Centers --> Telecom Providers --> Clients). This is the chain through which information is transmitted from the exchange to the end user. Yes, I know that connectivity is the most important thing for traders and that's why it's our No. 1 priority. We have taken measures to ensure a higher up-time than other brokers.
NSE NOW requires no broker infrastructure if I am not wrong. It works for all or It works for none irrespective of broker.
And NSE NOW is connected directly to NSE and they manage the infrastructure and RMS etc,

Dear Tejasji, I am using Windows10, when the Fyers-ONE is left opened on a dedicated screen it keeps running no problem. But when its left to idle /minimized and other chrome windows, IE ,other folders opened it freezes 9 out of 10 times. I have confirmed this with 2-3 guys in our whatsapp group and when my terminal freezes, their terminal too. I have to keep shutting it with my task manager and re logging My system do have NEST installed but I usually do not run the two SW together. Please thoroughly check it, take care. Rgds

Anyone using Fyers mobile Android 7.12 facing problem at the screen top right corner as we are not able to click on full screen or gear icon as back icon, gear icon and full screen icons all are overlapping each other. Back icon is only one that works properly. Could Fyers team pls fix this issue.

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
NSE NOW requires no broker infrastructure if I am not wrong. It works for all or It works for none irrespective of broker.
And NSE NOW is connected directly to NSE and they manage the infrastructure and RMS etc,
Yes, that's true but is NSE NOW going to work if the Telecom Provider's leased lines are down? Nobody is immune from this.

travi

[in context with connectivity issues and NSE Now proposed by some]

Do correct me if my explanation is wrong @Tejas Khoday
-----------------
NSE has its own Co=Lo but they charge a bomb.

There are data center providers, for eg. Netmagic, who are hosted near NSE and provided cost-effective services

Most brokers (discount side) prefer option 2 due to economic viability.
-----------------
if the above holds, its wrong for NSE to charge the same exchange Transaction charges from everybody :D
that's probably why the dark fibre news has been doubting the integrity of NSE for so long :p

My belief is that every Brokerage house should get hosted in the same Co-Lo as the others to provide equal opportunities to every trader, after all its the trader who pays Exchange charges (equally).

Yes, that's true but is NSE NOW going to work if the Telecom Provider's leased lines are down? Nobody is immune from this.
I not faced any thing like this on NOW terminal, even not heard anything bad. It is very basic interms of charting other than that no issues at all. I am using NOW for execution and fyer web for charting.

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
I not faced any thing like this on NOW terminal, even not heard anything bad. It is very basic interms of charting other than that no issues at all. I am using NOW for execution and fyer web for charting.
Hello @naveen_talkin, The fluctuation was almost negligible (It is not an outage, but rather low connectivity something like what you must have experienced at home at times when electricity fluctuates in less capacity). Co-Location is also dependent on telecom providers' infrastructure and hence nobody is immune whether it is NSE Now or any other platform. Like I said, only a few people experienced this with us. The same random distribution must be true with other platforms too.

It's nice that you Fyers Web for charting but as a brokerage, we'd love you to trade with us too. After all, it's a business for us. Happy Trading!