Free NSE EOD & historical data downloader..attached

Hemen, for your next Update of GetBhavCopy, could you possibly include the VIX data (OHLC V=0 Ticker=INDIAVIX & the rest of the stuff can be excluded) for the daily EOD downloads?

Download link : http://nseindia.com/content/vix/hist_vix_data.htm
Start date : 1st Nov 2007

Thanks & Regards,
Kalyan.
It did not have OHL ??? Not sure if metastock will accept such data though.

does anyone know if the latest version of metastock 10 pro(which comes w/ quotecenter or esignal) accepts this data from 'getbhavcopy' for real-time? Could someone please let me know since I am planning to purchase the latest version of the metastock.

Thanks ahead,
sheema
Hi Sheema,

Getbhavcopy is a FREE EOD data downloader. It does not download tick by tick data (what we generally call real time data).

EOD data downloaded by Getbhavcopy is compatible with Metastock 10.

Dear sir,

I have been using Bhav Copy software for extracting data from NSE. Till recently that data could also be easily converted into Metastock format files by Metastock downloader. But for the past one week, I could download the data with the help of Bhav Copy software but when I tried to convert into MS file, Error report comes and they are not converted into MS format files.

However the files downloaded by Data Extractor software ( the other free software ) could be easily converted into MS files by Downloader. Could any expert please explain this discrimination ?
Thank you.

Grorich

Dear sir,

I have been using Bhav Copy software for extracting data from NSE. Till recently that data could also be easily converted into Metastock format files by Metastock downloader. But for the past one week, I could download the data with the help of Bhav Copy software but when I tried to convert into MS file, Error report comes and they are not converted into MS format files.

However the files downloaded by Data Extractor software ( the other free software ) could be easily converted into MS files by Downloader. Could any expert please explain this discrimination ?
Thank you.

Grorich
Hi,

Can you send me the file that gets downloaded for you? This will help me analyze if there is any issue with the data downloaded or this is some setting issue on Metastock Downloader at your end.

Send it to me at (hemen dot kapadia at ***** dot com)

Regards,
Hemen (aka totalbankrupt)

HI,
This was useful for indivdual stocks in NIfty, Where to find the Index chart ? I was looking for Some data on NIFTY historical values...
Any Idea where I can find them ?

HI,
This was useful for indivdual stocks in NIfty, Where to find the Index chart ? I was looking for Some data on NIFTY historical values...
Any Idea where I can find them ?
Getbhavcopy, free NSE data downloader downloads the historical data for following indices:

NSE Nifty,
Jr. Nifty,
NSE Defty,
NSE 500,
NSE Midcap,
NSE IT,
NSE 100
Bank Nifty

xtalk

Hi Hemen,

For the last 2 days I'm getting exceptions while downloading Index data. Here it goes...

27JUN2008.txt : Download complete...Processing...Done
NSENIFTY27JUN2008 : The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
NIFTYJUNIOR27JUN2008 : The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
NSEDEFTY27JUN2008 : The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
NSE50027JUN2008 : The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
NSEMIDCAP27JUN2008 : The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
NSEIT27JUN2008 : The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
BANKNIFTY27JUN2008 : The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
NSE10027JUN2008 : The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

Completed Downloading EOD Data
I also checked using my own code but same 404 issue. Is there any problem in NSE server? Pls update.

tnx