Free NSE BSE data downloader (EOD, Indices, Daily & Historical, Bhavcopy downloader)

Xaero

Re: Free NSE BSE data downloader (EOD, Indices, Daily & Historical, Bhavcopy download

That's good but what do you mean by "manually adjusting for split an bonus announcements"? the prices in the database itself are modified?

Re: Free NSE BSE data downloader (EOD, Indices, Daily & Historical, Bhavcopy download

That's good but what do you mean by "manually adjusting for split an bonus announcements"? the prices in the database itself are modified?
If you notice my signature i am providing historical data. I update it using Getbhavcopy for the daily EOD values. However over time there are split and bonus declarations made by companies.

Getbhavcopy does not automatically adjust the TA software database for such changes (as my aim is to make Getbhavcopy compatible with most TA software)

Hence it has to be done manually by the user. I don't know about other softwares but i know how to do it in Metastock and the help is provided at 'Adjusting Metastock data for splits and bonus'

Now what i mean but manually adjusted data is that the historical data I provide is adjusted for such declarations by me.

Xaero

Appreiate your hard work and help! God Bless.

Xaero

Hi Hemen,

some of the tickers may have bad data some multiple tickers, can you verify if there is corrupt data in your database? I downloaded this from your site. Check attached screenshot.

Any chance of correcting it?

Last edited:

Xaero

Another question - why is getbhavcopy connecting to pccwglobal.com. It doesn't seem to be a data vendor.
Isn't it download the data from nse servers directly?

Hi Hemen,

some of the tickers may have bad data some multiple tickers, can you verify if there is corrupt data in your database? I downloaded this from your site. Check attached screenshot.

Any chance of correcting it?
Hi,

The stock data is directly downloaded from NSE bhavcopy file. If there are issue then the issues are in the bhavcopy file generated by NSE. I do not maintain any personal database to store data. As I had mentioned earlier all data gets downloaded directly from NSE and BSE.

As for the volumes pattern in your chart, I understand that was an issue that got fixed with version 2.0.4. please read my blog on www.getbhavcopy.com.

Regards,
Hemen

Another question - why is getbhavcopy connecting to pccwglobal.com. It doesn't seem to be a data vendor.
Isn't it download the data from nse servers directly?
It does not. Can you show me how can you make this inference ?

Xaero

It does not. Can you show me how can you make this inference ?
Your comment yesterday got me worried that the software might have been modified by someone because I had downloaded it from Softpedia since the download link on your site http://hemenkapadia.somee.com/ was not working.

Anyway, I have been digging for info on this and it seems that pccwglobal is one of nse's technical partners that hosts nse servers. So nse's server might have been forwarding the connections to pccwglobal.

The way I figured it out was by using a software call tcpview which can be downloaded from Microsoft. My firewall brought my attention to the IP address when it was asking permission to connect to the server. Never can be too sure these days...

Thank you for the prompt response and a great tool..

Xaero

I am not receiving the confirmation email from getbhavcopy.com can you send me a direct download link please?