Free NSE BSE data downloader (EOD, Indices, Daily & Historical, Bhavcopy downloader)

Re: Free NSE BSE data downloader (EOD, Indices, Daily & Historical, Bhavcopy download

Hi Hemen,

For those who donot use metastock but use tools which require data in metastock format, is there a free utility to convert the data to metastock format?

Please advise.

Regards,
Rip

Re: Free NSE BSE data downloader (EOD, Indices, Daily & Historical, Bhavcopy download

Hi Hemen,

For those who donot use metastock but use tools which require data in metastock format, is there a free utility to convert the data to metastock format?

Please advise.

Regards,
Rip
I am not sure about that. I think the only utility that can convert csv data to Metastock format should be Downloader that comes with Metastock. I dont know about any other free utility that does it.

Regards,
Hemen
Getbhavcopy, (Free NSE BSE data downloader)

Hi,

Thanks for upgrading the bhavcopy I was using your old version 1.4.1 its simple and best.

few days before i have downloaded the new version just pasted on the old one but now I am facing problem that it is not reading for months last weeks and few days of second last week data but data is already exist in my EOD data,

Are any other persons facing same problem please check your data

Please advice on this how to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance.
Hi
I am also facing the same problem. I am new to this forum so i just downloaded the latest version (2) of getbhavcopy and it was not working. I was kind of frustrated.
But then i tried the older version 1.4.1 and its working fine. So i will be using older version until this problem is solved.
Thanks for this good "free" tool.

balraj167

Hi Hemen,

I m using your new version 2.0.1 it's nice upgraded and usefull as you have added BSE data,

Just Three days before started downloded data from 1st January2008 to 16th jan 2009, but one error comes after finishing the importing ASCII massage as followos:

Logging started for 'C:\Program Files\getbhavcopy version2.0\BSE EOD\2009-01-19-BSE-EQ.txt' file, using format definition file 'Formats\custom2.format'
Error in line <ticker>,<date>,<open>,<high>,<low>,<close>,<volume>,<o/i>
Invalid (close) price. Prices must be positive. If you want to import no quotation data please specify $NOQUOTES 1 ('no quotation data' box in Wizard)
Invalid date format/value

Do you know why this is happening and what is the solution should i do.

Thanks in advance
Balraj167

balraj167

Hi
I am also facing the same problem. I am new to this forum so i just downloaded the latest version (2) of getbhavcopy and it was not working. I was kind of frustrated.
But then i tried the older version 1.4.1 and its working fine. So i will be using older version until this problem is solved.
Thanks for this good "free" tool.
Hi Rajiv, i had the same problem then i removed all previos data and started downloading from new version 2.0.1 after that i dont have same problem i hope this could work for you.:D

Hi,

In case you experience 'Bad request" message while accessing my website http://hemenkapadia.somee.com/ then please try http://www.hemenkapadia.somee.com/.

The site is up and running but sometimes the DNS may not resolve properly, you should try back in some time and it should be fine.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but I changed my hosting plan recently and it will take some days for the worldwide DNS servers to change to the new IP address. There is nothing I can do about it. It is just time now.

In case you need to download Getbhavcopy, here is the link (remove the space from the URL)

http://rapid share.com/files/186719414/getbhavcopy.zip

Regards,
Hemen

Last edited:

Hi Hemen,

I m using your new version 2.0.1 it's nice upgraded and usefull as you have added BSE data,

Just Three days before started downloded data from 1st January2008 to 16th jan 2009, but one error comes after finishing the importing ASCII massage as followos:

Logging started for 'C:\Program Files\getbhavcopy version2.0\BSE EOD\2009-01-19-BSE-EQ.txt' file, using format definition file 'Formats\custom2.format'
Error in line <ticker>,<date>,<open>,<high>,<low>,<close>,<volume>,<o/i>
Invalid (close) price. Prices must be positive. If you want to import no quotation data please specify $NOQUOTES 1 ('no quotation data' box in Wizard)
Invalid date format/value

Do you know why this is happening and what is the solution should i do.

Thanks in advance
Balraj167
Hi Balraj,

Can you send me the file downloaded by getbhavcopy for which you get this error.

Also i dont see this to be getbhavcopy issue for now, but something to do with the import utility of the TA software you use. Which TA software do you use and how are you trying to import the data?

-Hemen

In case you experience 'Bad request" message while accessing my website, please read the following post
http://www.traderji.com/end-day/255...istorical-bhavcopy-downloader.html#post269243

Last edited:

balraj167

Hi Hemen,

I am using Amibroker 5.0 version, today morning i got shocked that in my NSE data is showing only till 12/12/2008 but checked folder it is till 20/01/2009 for both NSE and BSE then I imported from ASCII for BSE data {file+open+Import Ascii+File type BSE DATA(*.*) + then select all data from BSE data then clicked open}, same for NSE data {file+open+Import Ascii+ selected file type NSE EOD DATA (*.*) + then selected all data from EOD data and clicked open.

Data for BSE came all till 20/01/2009 but NSE data remained the same till 12/12/2008 and but in both after importing I get massage which I have attached for your reference.

Thanks in advance
Balraj167:confused:

Last edited:

Hi Hemen,

I am using Amibroker 5.0 version, today morning i got shocked that in my NSE data is showing only till 12/12/2008 but checked folder it is till 20/01/2009 for both NSE and BSE then I imported from ASCII for BSE data {file+open+Import Ascii+File type BSE DATA(*.*) + then select all data from BSE data then clicked open}, same for NSE data {file+open+Import Ascii+ selected file type NSE EOD DATA (*.*) + then selected all data from EOD data and clicked open.

Data for BSE came all till 20/01/2009 but NSE data remained the same till 12/12/2008 and but in both after importing I get massage which I have attached for your reference.

Thanks in advance
Balraj167:confused:
Hi Balraj,

Please read the instructions for Importing GetBhavcopy data to Amibroker.

I believe the issue you are facing is because you have kept the 'Enable output header' options checked in Getbhavcopy version 2.0.1. I have mentioned in the docs not to do so if you are going to import it in Amibroker.

It is mandatory for BSE data to be imported to Metastock only.

Please try download data again with that option unchecked and let me know if it imports fine into metastock.

Regards,
Hemen

In case you experience 'Bad request" message while accessing my website, please read the following post
http://www.traderji.com/end-day/255...istorical-bhavcopy-downloader.html#post269243

Last edited: