Free data from NSENOW to AmiBroker via Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

josh1

Hi Josh,
Yes, your suggestion above resolved the issue.Getting the bars nicely.Thanks again.But backfill problem is persisting.No back fill occuring.But the backfill csv file is being generated all right.I noticed a odd thing today-after pasting the nest chart data in sheet 1 of the nowbackfill.xlms,I found that the date column is lt. aligned from 14/5/2012 to 31/5/2012(formatted as text),but on 1/6/2012 it is rt aligned(date format).Date time split occurs only on 1/6/2012 data,previous date data is only duplicated.Also the date format of the nest data & the nowbackfill.csv is DMYYYY instead of MDYYYY.This happens in all scrips I checked.What needs be done.
thanks
regards
PKJ
Read Post #271 by Sansarva. Change date to dd/mm/yyyy or D/M/yyyy everywhere in the code as well as format files. Change your system date format to dd/mm/yyyy through regional and language settings.

josh1

RTD works with Office 2010 as well, but it does not work with the Starter Pack. I've tested it on Office 2010 professional edition.

Another thing that I wished to know is, the Date column automatically increments to the next date in the Excel file for old scrips, but it doesn't get updated for the new scrips that have been added to it.
Yes it will work in Office 2010 as well, but you need not spend a bomb to upgrade to prof. version if it works in Office 2007.
Just type =Today() in date column against all new scrips. We are using system date since NOW or NEST do not provide date of the transactions.

Yes it will work in Office 2010 as well, but you need not spend a bomb to upgrade to prof. version if it works in Office 2007.
Just type =Today() in date column against all new scrips. We are using system date since NOW or NEST do not provide date of the transactions.
Ah yes! Thanks! Am Microsoft challenged :D

josh1

Thankyou Josh1 for the reply.

If it can be done NSE-NOWRT add-on value will get increased further greatly

Cumulative Volume captured and the actual Volume traded - there is big
mis-match, volume captured is less than five percent
I feel it can be done faster with the choice. We take the field "Volume Traded Today" instead of "Traded Qty" from NOW/Nest . Since this goes on cumulating, we store the latest values for all scrips in an Array every three seconds and send difference between the latest and previous values to AmiBroker. I am not conversent with array handling in VBA. If somebody helps in coding this, we can do it. Otherwise I shall do it later.

Last edited:

josh1

Ah yes! Thanks! Am Microsoft challenged :D
You know C/C++. Are you conversant with OpenOffice Starbasic also? It will help to get Google data feed into Qtstalker. Or may be we can do it with ASCII files.

Last edited:

josh1

Hi All!,

I have been following this forum & is really impressed.I am sure this is the right forum to discuss the following thought:-
There are many trading platforms abroad which provide automatic tailing stops based on a defined percentage of current prices. But as far as I know there are no such platforms here which provide this facility. Manual trailing stops keeps one locked to that one scrip, making it difficult to make large number of trades. It will be very useful to have a utility which can place these stops automatically. I think it is possible to develop this tool. I am not a programmer so I am bringing the subject to this forum as there are some brilliant programmers here. Please comment.

thanks & regards

PKJee

You know C/C++. Are you conversant with OpenOffice Starbasic also? It will help to get Google data feed into Qtstalker. Or may be we can do it with ASCII files.
Hi Josh1,
I can code a bit of C/C++ but I have never used OpenOffice Starbasic. Anyways, there's nothing that cannot be done once we set our mind to it.

There's one thing I need to know about RT-NOW. Am still facing some teething problems w.r.t the database. I was using the original NSENOW2.format file with my database. It works fine as long as I let Excel do the filling, but the moment I try to backfill the data, every minute of data appears as a new symbol followed by zeroes. Am fairly new to Amibroker so I still need to know its various quirks. Am pasting the content from NSENOW2.format for your reference.

# Format definition file generated automatically
# by AmiBroker's ASCII Import Wizard
$FORMAT Date_DMY, Ticker, Time, Close, Volume, Appendticker, Appendticker
$SKIPLINES 1
$SEPARATOR ,
$CONT 1
$GROUP 255
$AUTOADD 1
$DEBUG 1

Issue is, the database stops updating when I change this --
to
$FORMAT Date_DMY, Ticker, Time, Open, High, Low, Close, Volume
The above^ helps me backfill but it stops updating the Symbol from the Excel file.

sr114

Hi Josh1,
I can code a bit of C/C++ but I have never used OpenOffice Starbasic. Anyways, there's nothing that cannot be done once we set our mind to it.

There's one thing I need to know about RT-NOW. Am still facing some teething problems w.r.t the database. I was using the original NSENOW2.format file with my database. It works fine as long as I let Excel do the filling, but the moment I try to backfill the data, every minute of data appears as a new symbol followed by zeroes. Am fairly new to Amibroker so I still need to know its various quirks. Am pasting the content from NSENOW2.format for your reference.

# Format definition file generated automatically
# by AmiBroker's ASCII Import Wizard
$SKIPLINES 1
$SEPARATOR ,
$CONT 1
$GROUP 255
$AUTOADD 1
$DEBUG 1

Issue is, the database stops updating when I change this --
to
$FORMAT Date_DMY, Ticker, Time, Open, High, Low, Close, Volume
The above^ helps me backfill but it stops updating the Symbol from the Excel file.

use this Date, Ticker, Time, Open, High, Low, Close, Volume in ur excel file as well as in NOW to get proper data. i.e., use same thing in NOW, Excel and Ami format files to conform to the data fetching

sr

use this Date, Ticker, Time, Open, High, Low, Close, Volume in ur excel file as well as in NOW to get proper data. i.e., use same thing in NOW, Excel and Ami format files to conform to the data fetching

sr
Ok, but when I paste the scrip from NOW to Excel, it takes OHL of the day so far. I am getting same sized candle sticks on Ami now :( The only dynamic variables are last traded price and quantity. http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/443/amibroker.png/

Status
Not open for further replies.