Free data from NSENOW to AmiBroker via Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Sansarva,
Could you tell me if the procedure to import data into Amibroker from NEST the same as it is for NOW? I reckon I will have to make a few changes in the excel macro to provide the path of NEST instead of NOW and possibly a different Amibroker database as well.

Hi Sansarva,
Could you tell me if the procedure to import data into Amibroker from NEST the same as it is for NOW? I reckon I will have to make a few changes in the excel macro to provide the path of NEST instead of NOW and possibly a different Amibroker database as well.
I am not using NEST, I persume it is same as NOW, in that case, right click the quote in NEST , link to excel and paste it in the second cloumn ,the first clomn will have date, todays date. few tweaking will be required , like n the macro the code for checking weather now is running is to be commented out ar deleted.

Josh has given somewhere in earlier post the instructions , you could go through it

josh1

Dear Josh1,
Thank you for your patience. What are the changes one has to make to NSE-Now-RT2.xls for it to work with NEST commodities platform provided by Zerodha? Any help in this regard would be immensely appreciated.
I have a solution to the backfill issue as well as cleaning the zeros in the OHLC one minute tick data. Only issue is its a command line tool and is still quite crude. I will fine tune it and post it over the weekend.
Excel or any software is so dumb that it does not know whether you are trading shares or commodities. Just get the right type of data in columns and it will work. In our case it is - Date, Ticker, Time, Price and Quantity.
Ticker can be NIfty or ITC or Reliance or Gold or GuarGum.

sr114

For NESt to Ami via Excel, same procedure as of data fetching from now. Please create a new data base and do what u have done in case of NOW

sr

josh1

I faced the problem in backfill first time yesterday. Nest gives data in DMY format. Data for 01/06/2012 was going into AmiBroker for 6-Jan-2012 instead of 1-June-12. I have therefore changed the system Date format to dd/mm/yyyy and also to Date_DMY in both format files. It is working well now. All are advised to do the same.

Well, looks like Excel Starter pack does not allow interlinking with NEST. Sigh, this is getting mighty frustrating. If linking is allowed only on MS Excel Professional Edition then I might bid this set up goodbye. Can't blow 21k on Office Professional Suite :(

Btw, anybody aware of the API's used in NOW/NEST? We could connect to it directly and stream data like Manshi's tool does. Well, let me start working on it.

Well, looks like Excel Starter pack does not allow interlinking with NEST. Sigh, this is getting mighty frustrating. If linking is allowed only on MS Excel Professional Edition then I might bid this set up goodbye. Can't blow 21k on Office Professional Suite :(

Btw, anybody aware of the API's used in NOW/NEST? We could connect to it directly and stream data like Manshi's tool does. Well, let me start working on it.
Start pack, well I don't think it even allows macros to run. Well if have any progress on API do let us know

Thak you. Three responses are good to begin with.

The file is shared here:-
http://www.4shared.com/zip/KL4DX1Xh/NSENow.html

http://www.4shared.com/zip/KL4DX1Xh/NSENow.html

Minimum requirement is Excel 2007. Tested on Windows XP and Windows 2003 x64 Server.

1. Extract the zip file.
2. There are two files in it 1.NSE-NOW-VER1.xlsm and 2. NSENOW.format

3. NSE-NOW-VER1.xlsm can be kept anywhere. However, I recommend to keep it in C:\Program Files\NOW or C:\Program Files (x86)\NOW depending upon your version of windows, wherever your "NOW" application resides.

4. Open Excel. Click on the Office icon on top left and then click on Excel Options- Trust Center - Trusted Locations - Add New Location and give one of the above paths that you chose. This way, excel will open the .xlsm file with macros enabled. Otherwise, you will have to enable macros every time.

5. Move NSENOW.format file to format folder under - Your\AmiBroker\Path.
c:\program files\amibroker\format in most cases.

6. You can open the NSE-NOW-VER1.xlsm file

7. Check wheteher "Developer" tab is open else enable it thru Excel Options - Popular - Show Developer tab in Ribon.

You can see the code in Visual Basic.

Use the application only after backing your regular database. Create a new database, open Amibroker, open the new database and thereafter use it
sir not open above 4shared link.if posible resend 4shared link please

josh1

josh1

If it is allowing linking to NOW, it will certainly allow to Nest. Linking procedure is same since the product is made by the same vendor -Omnesys.
I have enterprise edition of Excel 2007. I don't think there is a limit in starter pack. If you get anything on API, let me know. Backfill will become easier :)

Status
Not open for further replies.