Food for Thought........!

MurAtt

Actually its the other way round. When FII's came in, they sold Dollars for Rupees @ 39 - 40. Now they are Buying back the Dollars by paying 47 - 50. Its a sort of double whammy since they first (proable) loose in stocks and then loose due to currency having moved against them.

Cheers

Prashanth

Dear Prashantji and SS,

Is it not the other way round i.e. FII push in Money at say 50 rs to a dollar and move out at say 43 a dollar.

Say they pump in 1 lakh dollars, so they get 50 lac rupees now, for assumptions - if the mkt stays as it is and they get out when the dollar is at 43 say, then they get more dollars na, i.e. 50 lac rupees/43 = 1 lac 16 thousand plus dollars.

Now if the mkt is up, then its double profit ...

FII pushed in Money when dollar was 47-46 and moved out when dollar was 39ish (this time round), they made money on that and also the sensex moved from 8K to 20K, so excellent incomes made by the FII.

Right? Or am I missing something somewhere or just some plain confusion ....

Murtaza

debdeeps

yahaan langar aajkal saturday sunday ko hi milta hai:D
Oh yeah!! I know SS from a long back when he used to write on yahoo groups. I was his regular reader. (indiabulls07 at gmail :)). He use to be busy on week days but writes on week end. And he is the master of all, I must say. When market was trading at 5300 he was the 1st to predict 3200 :eek:

S S

TWO Good….Too Good.

The first. See the daily EOD Spot Nifty chart.

The first thing one could notice that for last two sessions, the candles have longer lower wicks. It generally means that there are attempts to take the index down, but it is unable to sustain at those lower levels, and hence recovers. A kind of a Bullish signal.

But it needs to be continued further more.

The second being the US $ -INR conversion rate. The US $ has come near 48 Rupee value.

No. It is NOT the smart money moving in. It has to be the institutional investors. The smart money may enter below 46 rupees to take advantage of 44-46 range, and get the US $ cheaper than the Institutional Investors.

And whenever it will be the time to move out that the FIIs would have done their business with the stock markets and would suitably pull out that shall start the up move in this rate. The smart money shall get pulled out later, and yet again, get a better rate than the FIIs.

From the daily Nifty chart, we also see some more interesting things. Such as –

1. Today’s candle has taken support from the red coloured 10 days EMA line. So, it is likely to stay above that line for the next few days.

2. The Indigo coloured BBs have started widening. So, now, the daily candle may start moving upwards to catch-up with the KBs, until the BBs move beyond the KBs.

In short, we may see a massive up move in next few days.

However……..!

Now, let’s see the Spot Nifty EOD Weekly Chart.

For last eight weeks, the candles have been not only range bound, but the range went on diminishing till the last week.

Although the current week’s candle does NOT have a long lower wick, it is a Green candle, that has moved up considerably for the first time in last four weeks.

Considering that the close for the month of Oct 2008 being 2885.6 and today’s candle having closed above it, one major hurdle appears to have been cleared.

The BBs have not contracted sufficiently. But the weekly candle is slowly moving towards the 10 Week EMA Red line, though is currently below it.

All those who have remained long today [for a change] may get benefited next week, irrespective of whether US market closed today in the Green or in Red. Incidentally, the DJ had been making Lower Top Lowe Bottom every day last week. But a week previous to that, everyday it was Higher Top Higher Bottom. A Triangle formation is likely on DJ.

I also feel, that the process of detachment from the US market appears to have commenced… may be minutely and on a lower key, but it may prove beneficial to the Indian markets.

This is my opinion and my views, and I could be wrong, and may please be corrected

Cheers!
SS

vinst

SS,
With BB's and KB's , I am using momentum 12,14. It seems to be slow and not suitable to BB and KB setting selected for 15, 1.5. What's your opinion on the BB/KB/momentum settings I am using?

regards,
vin

S S

Sorry Vin... was travelling and could NOT reply earlier.

In real terms, I take both BBs and KBs as 'outside' indicator guidelines. That means that if the BBs are well inside the KBs and have narrowed considerably, they are bound to start expanding to come out of KBs.... mainly due to the breakout expected.

If you consider the near term trend, it would give you an indication for the direction of the breakout.

Like this time, the last candles were above the 10 days EMA line and had longer lower wicks, thereby indicating an upward breakout.

All this 'Masala' at the back of the mind.... before the trading session commences.... thereafter only the actual facts as one sees them during the session.

Any kind of thoughts, that are NOT in line with the trend of the market amount to wishful thinking, which is harmful.

And I have once said long ago, which I am sure that you have read [:D] .... everyone must choose the indicator suitable to one's own trading style... which also means that the parameters of the indicator(s) included.

Having said all this... I am also worried about the likely chances of a "Sucker's Rally" ... which one should keep at the back of one's mind. While the market may zoom up, and is expected to go to higher levels, for no apperent reason and all of a sudden, there could be a collapse, trapping all those heavily long... and they shall have nothing left but to keep wishfully thinking that the trend reverses.

A Possibility .. one cannot be sure...but may take place this week. And if this happens, then we are once again headed downwards.

Be Careful.... I know you will be.

My opinions and I could be wrong :D
Happy Trading... ! Cheers!
SS

S S

Some observations :

At the close of the session today, on 17th Dec 2008, the higher KB was at about 3092, whereas the higher BB was around 3069.

Today, the Spot Nifty had a high of 3076, which falls in the gap between these two. So, due to the high volatility of the market, there seems to be a possibility of reaching another higher level than today’s 3076, but it is less likely to be sustained.

The Spot Nifty shall take the direction of the 10 days EMA, and may even go below it.

If we consider the rise from the low of about 2503 on 20th Nov to the today’s high, the 61.8% correction target is around 2860, and is likely to be met by Friday, mainly because of holiday mood for the Christmas & New Year celebration commencement next week.

The Projection Osc chart at the bottom, is also showing a downward trend. So, in all probabilities, the market direction may remain downward atleast till the monthly settlement day.

Although all the indicators have their own importance, it would be advisable to play by the trend of the market, than depending solely upon any indicator.

My observations and inferences, and I could be wrong :D
Cheers!

If we consider the rise from the low of about 2503 on 20th Nov to the todays high, the 61.8% correction target is around 2860

How is that possible ?

From 2503 to 3076, if we consider 61.8% retracement then it will be 2720.

Please check the chart and calculations