Experiments with OBV

Status
Not open for further replies.

XRAY27

For what do we use price hi lo? Do you use the same price hi lo, i.e., 15 period for NF and BNF?

If price is reacting at PDC,PDH,PDL,2PDH,2PDL, but on the wrong side of EMA, do you still take the trade.
yes same for nf and bnf

When all the DP's are far i use this ribbon, what is that condition !!! ?? it is in case of gap up or down away from these dp's...as i said this is pure mechanical system. i do use MP va gaps for increasing profit potential !!!

XRAY27

XRay, Intra rules are clear. 4 simple rules can make life very peaceful. Thanks for this. Can you PLEASE put up one chart with Nifty and RF. How you use if for swing trades? Using daily time frame with RF would be ideal in my case. Looking for a chart and your past few trades so that those concepts are clear.
RF is not part of this thread !!! look into MP thread !!!

Xray bhai,
one question- Is adding OBV bias helpful at all? You are basically trading pure price action set ups with no trade against OBV bias, is this correct understanding?

wisp

GM Wisp sir they mentioning 15 min ribbon on 3 min price panel ,this is my asking what i am want to refer in manul trading without using ami.Thankyou.
Please dont call me sir, I am a fellow student.

Are you using kite? or something else?

15 period ribbon it is so when the high or low made over the last 15 periods is broken trend changes on the ribbon. You can mark this manually also. However, this is rarely used in this method, only used when DPs are far away.

vijkris

Learner and Follower
GM Wisp sir they mentioning 15 min ribbon on 3 min price panel ,this is my asking what i am want to refer in manul trading without using ami.Thankyou.
Whoever used the term 15 min ribbon on 3 tf, has used the terms wrongly.
In reality it is 15 period hi/lo bo/bd.
for 1 tf, 15 period refers to last 15min hi/lo.
for 3tf, 15 period refers to 15*3= last 45min hi/lo.

Drawing it manually is possible but difficult..

@wisp sir, I think he uses MT4/Metastock.. not kite/pi.

GM friends. Thankyou to Wisp and Vijkrish.I am using Kite and MT4.Any indicator in Kite for this purpose?.But it is possible to use 15 min 3 candles Hi Low for this purpose.It is right?.thankyou onceagain. :clapping:

Whoever used the term 15 min ribbon on 3 tf, has used the terms wrongly.
In reality it is 15 period hi/lo bo/bd.
for 1 tf, 15 period refers to last 15min hi/lo.
for 3tf, 15 period refers to 15*3= last 45min hi/lo.

Drawing it manually is possible but difficult..

@wisp sir, I think he uses MT4/Metastock.. not kite/pi.
Right :thumb:

This is very basic stuff . . .

15 bars HHV/LLV can be plotted on any platform, not something exclusive to Ami

The need is first to understand clearly the concepts you are studying/trading

Happy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.