Experiments in Technical Analysis

karthikmarar

moneypick said:
Hi karthik,

Some are here metastock fan. So please Metastock Code also share with us.

Thanks & regards,

(moneypick)
Hi moneypick

The Ma of RSI idea was a quick experiment. So It was done in Amibroker. I like Amibroker because of the flexibility and also we can make our charts really colorful :).

Now I have put ths same in Metastock. I am enclosing the Metastock file for the indicator and an expert. This will create a Indicator called MARSI and a expert also called MARSI.

Please note that when you change the paramenter in the Indicator also change the same parameters in the chart also. Otherwise there will be mismatch.

I am enclosing the chart for your reference.

Happy Experimenting

Regards

Karthik

Last edited:
karthikmarar said:
Hi moneypick

The Ma of RSI idea was a quick experiment. So It was done in Amibroker. I like Amibroker because of the flexibility and also we can make our charts really colorful :).

Now I have put ths same in Metastock. I am enclosing the Metastock file for the indicator and an expert. This will create a Indicator called MARSI and a expert also called MARSI.
Karthik

Thanks.....Thanks.....

(moneypick)

karthikmarar

Hi Ragh_ash

The afl files were posted earlier. Iam enclosing the same again. This zip file cosists of two afls, the indicator marsi.afl and the chart expert marsi Grp.afl.
Just unzip the files and copy these files in the custom folder in Amibroker

programfiles/Amibroker/forulas/custom.

regards

Karthik

Last edited:

casoni

hello everyone, please have a look at acc chart with [ rsi +fibbo levels of 23-38-50-60 levels] i hope it will be useful....i am attatching code s also....just copy paste in ami brokers formulla editor give anu name u want ...thats it ....thanks ..

Last edited:

casoni

karthikmarar said:
Hi Ragh_ash

The afl files were posted earlier. Iam enclosing the same again. This zip file cosists of two afls, the indicator marsi.afl and the chart expert marsi Grp.afl.
Just unzip the files and copy these files in the custom folder in Amibroker

programfiles/Amibroker/forulas/custom.

regards

Karthik
dear sir, as u told i have done the same...bit i m getting error no 29 syntax error in both MARSI & MarsiGrp....i have used help section also but unable to solve errors

karthikmarar

casoni said:
hello everyone, please have a look at acc chart with [ rsi +fibbo levels of 23-38-50-60 levels] i hope it will be useful....i am attatching code s also....just copy paste in ami brokers formulla editor give anu name u want ...thats it ....thanks ..
Casoni

Thanks for share this with us. Very Interesting to see the price pausing at various RSi, fibo levels. Hope to see more from you.

Warm regards

Karthik

karthikmarar

casoni said:
dear sir, as u told i have done the same...bit i m getting error no 29 syntax error in both MARSI & MarsiGrp....i have used help section also but unable to solve errors
Casoni

Please tell me at which line the syntax error occurs. This will help me to check.
Also please note that I am using AB version 4.8. Some functions like "plot text" does not work in previous versions. Maybe the stylecloud function may not work in earlier versions.

I will rework the afl to suit the earlier versions and post it if required.

warm regards

Karthik

karthikmarar

Automatic Resistance and Support Lines

Hi

This one is for Amibroker Users. We all know that we can draw Resistance and Support lines in AB and these lines can be used in the Auto scans to detect break of these lines.

However most of us would like to draw the Resistance and Support lines automatically. There are some commercial packages that allow you to draw these lines. Here is an afl that draws the Resistance and support lines Automatically.
You can draw up to 20lines. You can also select the number of lines to e drawn. There is also a sensitivity parameter to adjust these lines according to the volatility of a particular stock.

This is the first version. Hence I would like your feedback and suggestions. Improved versions will be posted as when available.

I am enclosing a sample chart ad the afl.

Happy experimenting

Regards

Karthik

Last edited:
DEAR KARTHIKMARAR
Automatic Resistance and Support Lines

Thanks for posting the AFL's. I am a regular user of Amibroker's unregisterd version & I find ur earlier Afl's very useful. I was looking for the support & resistance afl for a long time.

Thanks & I hope u will post further most useful formulae for amibroker.

Regards.........