Executing banknifty plan ..

1 banknifty trading diary..
2 trade in banknifty and strictly intraday. no overnight positions.
3 max 4 lot this month. will add later..
4 will update my real time trades here.
5 anyone want to follow my trades are most welcome.
6 banknifty has more slippages so targeting just 100 points per month.
7 5 min timeframe. trailing stoploss 0.66 % on candle close ,fixed stoploss 0.33 %.
8 this is average system not holy grail.
9 less trades, less headache so less other charges & slippages.

Last edited:
When the backtest is showing only 3 -ve months in 5 years, why targeting only 100 points per month?

Good luck.
banknifty has bigger slippages than nifty. so i calculated 15 points per trade for slippages and brokerage and other charges.
net profit 474487 / total trades 832 = average profit per trade is 570 ..
so 570 - 375 (15 points brokerage and slippages ) = 195
average no of trades per months are 13.
so 13 * 195 = 2535 ( which is 100 points per month )

humble

banknifty has bigger slippages than nifty. so i calculated 15 points per trade for slippages and brokerage and other charges.
net profit 474487 / total trades 832 = average profit per trade is 570 ..
so 570 - 375 (15 points brokerage and slippages ) = 195
average no of trades per months are 13.
so 13 * 195 = 2535 ( which is 100 points per month )
Wonderful preparation :clap:, thanks for the explanation. I have never seen 45% winners, max i could try to get was 36% and the best part I am seeing in your first post is the slope of the profits, continuously increasing :clapping:.

I think the biggest challenge will be patience and avoiding over trading. Again Good luck will be following your thread. Do post charts whenever possible.

Last edited:
Wonderful preparation :clap:, thanks for the explanation. I have never seen 45% winners, max i could try to get was 36% and the best part I am seeing in your first post is the slope of the profits, continuously increasing :clapping:.

I think the biggest challenge will be patience and not over trading. Again Good luck will be following your thread. Do post charts whenever possible.
thank u for ur support. i have seen much better systems than this. please check below pic of my friends system ( positional ) it is far better than my system. thats why i have written in first post it is average system. system is less important, discipline is important..

copypasteaee

Humbled by Markets
thank u for ur support. i have seen much better systems than this. please check below pic of my friends system ( positional ) it is far better than my system. thats why i have written in first post it is average system. system is less important, discipline is important..

what is your entry and exit rules?

what is your entry and exit rules?
Good question. I hope the method will be fully disclosed and not a blackbox and the members dont have to depend on the thread starter for trading signals permanantly.

Smart_trade
it is certnaly not blackbox ST sir. the reason behind starting this thread in trading diary is i have not developed this system. so cant disclose it on open forum without his permission. the good thing is i think he has stopped trading and he is not using this system anymore. he has got decent job in us so may be he will give permission to disclose it. i will contact him and try it :) .

ENTRY -
this system uses WMA moving average so we get entry very late. additional Criteria is volume. when price crosses wma with good volume. we get buy/sell signal. bcz of wma we get very late entry, so very less signals average 13 trades per month. play with parameters of wma to get around 13 trades per month.

EXIT- stoploss 0.33% fixed and trailing 0.66% on candle close basis or Signal reverses. we use two wma averages one for entry ( high parameters) and one for exit ( low parameters). we use less parameters for wma to exit. win ratio is 45% bcz of exit strategy.

check out below pic. on 12 and 13 aug how signal came very late. on 14 th aug banknifty was in good uptrend still signal didnt come bcz there was not volume breakout when wma crossover happened.

this system has just 8 to 10 line code. any good coder can make this system. just optimize and forward test system for best parameters and ur done..

Last edited:

SaravananKS

it is certnaly not blackbox ST sir. the reason behind starting this thread in trading diary is i have not developed this system. so cant disclose it on open forum without his permission. the good thing is i think he has stopped trading and he is not using this system anymore. he has got decent job in us so may be he will give permission to disclose it. i will contact him and try it :) .

ENTRY -
this system uses WMA moving average so we get entry very late. additional Criteria is volume. when price crosses wma with good volume. we get buy/sell signal. bcz of wma we get very late entry, so very less signals average 13 trades per month. play with parameters of wma to get around 13 trades per month.

EXIT- stoploss 0.33% fixed and trailing 0.66% on candle close basis or Signal reverses. we use two wma averages one for entry ( high parameters) and one for exit ( low parameters). we use less parameters for wma to exit. win ratio is 45% bcz of exit strategy.

check out below pic. on 12 and 13 aug how signal came very late. on 14 th aug banknifty was in good uptrend still signal didnt come bcz there was not volume breakout when wma crossover happened.

this system has just 8 to 10 line code. any good coder can make this system. just optimize and forward test system for best parameters and ur done..

Good I Strongly doubt is the result optimized ? Normally it is very hard to get past Performance in future...

Please continue to Post real trades:thumb:

Good I Strongly doubt is the result optimized ? Normally it is very hard to get past Performance in future...

Please continue to Post real trades:thumb:
sir , may i know why optimized system not works , have heard many times , but till now not understand why ?

u can take any system floating around , unless optimized we not get best parameters . can u tell me sir , how a system is made ?

imo , it depends on a person who is optimizing it ,
he has to choose such parameters like ,
we get best parameter is 55 , we have to see that from 51-59 , we get around same result .
we have not to choose parameter like 8 which is single alone best performer .

after optimizing we get a system , we have to flexiable to take entries/exit around the signals , pure mechanical not works , we have to use other study in conjuction with the system than only we can hit . we have to take system as a guidance to be in right side of market .:thumb: