EOD Download/ Convert from NSE and BSE

Another issue:

After clicking File-> Options-> Add Holiday, the "Add Holiday" page opens and I simultaneously get the message "Run-time error 13: Type mismatch". After clicking OK the program shuts down.

Debraj

pkjha30

Debraj said:
Hi Pankaj,

1) The date of the BSE Bhavcopy was 24th March 2006. After conversion the stockwise text files read thus:

OPEN,HIGH,LOW,CLOSE,NO_OF_SHRS,DATE
40.50,41.00,39.25,39.90,53529,03/06/2024
For date of Bhavcopy i am taking it from the name of the file. Proper formatting is not done I think. I will try to sort out and also give option for choosing date format.
Debraj said:
<ticker>, <name>, <date>, <open>, <high>, <low>, <close>, <volume>

Without this particular headerline Equis Downloader cannot read and convert BSE Bhavcopy into Metastock readable format. This is because BSE tickers are numerical. MS Downloader cannot recognise numerical tickers as tickers without the headerline. If this headerline is not there, Downloader reports error.
Well this was a real piece of information. Will think over the logic. There are two ways, one is quick and dirty way just to put the header in the beginning. Another way is to assess user requirement and provide header. I am taking header line from the input files. Name conversion is possible. Will look into this.

Is it with <> or wihtout <>? attach one small file
Debraj said:
3) After conversion is over I get the message: "Error 13 (type mismatch) in procedure cmdConvert_Click of Form frmConvert". After clicking OK the software does not shut down or anything.
its ok. type mismatch is the result of boundary conditions in arrays. . will try to see it does not happen

regards
pankaj

Hi Pankaj,

You are really prompt in your replies. Yes, it is with <> symbols. Without these around the header texts Downloader would not read the data. I am attaching a csv and a txt file to illustrate the format. I have to zip the files as csv files cannot be uploaded.

Warm regards,

Debraj

murthymsr

hi pankaj,

of course, you might have noticed that in the BSE*sample.txt file provided by debraj the name field is of fixed length(trailing blanks NOT suppressed). In the NSE bhav copy, the symbol field is with trailing blanks suppressed.

The two sub-routines may need slightly different type of treatment.

murthymsr

pkjha30

murthymsr said:
hi pankaj,

of course, you might have noticed that in the BSE*sample.txt file provided by debraj the name field is of fixed length(trailing blanks NOT suppressed). In the NSE bhav copy, the symbol field is with trailing blanks suppressed.

The two sub-routines may need slightly different type of treatment.

murthymsr
Yes murthy I agree and just about thinking on it.
Pankaj

pkjha30

Debraj said:
Hi Pankaj,

You are really prompt in your replies. Yes, it is with <> symbols. Without these around the header texts Downloader would not read the data. I am attaching a csv and a txt file to illustrate the format. I have to zip the files as csv files cannot be uploaded.

Warm regards,

Debraj
Thanks deb for file It will be analysed and I will find a way to see that specifications are included, if possible by tomorrow.
Pankaj
Pankaj

Hello Pankaj and respected other members of this forum,
This thread has skipped my view---as I was out for a long time---Well--
have not dwnlded ur utility---till now---will do it and chk---in the mean time---I have made a metastk compatable excel format utility---do chk it and put ur reviews---
Regards,
joy_mitali

pkjha30

joy_mitali said:
Hello Pankaj and respected other members of this forum,
This thread has skipped my view---as I was out for a long time---Well--
have not dwnlded ur utility---till now---will do it and chk---in the mean time---I have made a metastk compatable excel format utility---do chk it and put ur reviews---
Regards,
joy_mitali
Hi joy

What a coincidence that just when I was getting the output in metastock format I refreshed the thread and saw your thread. a good sign...

check the latest posting after 7.00pm by that time I hope remaining issues might be clear for release ver. 0.0.80

This is my attempt to get all persons who know programming and/or stock market logic( bussiness application logic) to come together and develop a software free to use (as in free air surrounding us) answering some if not all the needs of forum members. The idea came from satya and of course you.

That is the reason I released it after 70th iteration( and innumerable checking in between) so that if members, who may not be programmers but very knowleadgeable in stock market field, give their feedback and make it a really collaborative work.

I know you were out of town and trying to keep infront of TV as much as possible for some charity work.:) :)

Please do send your utility and i will try my best to study it. You are one of my sources of inspiration.
Regards
pankaj

Hello Pankaj---
The utility has been loaded in a new thread under software section---"My MetaStock Compatable Excel EOD convertor"---do chk it----Plz
Regards,
joy_mitali

Last edited:
Pankaj,

no words are enough to appreciate you on the new tool you gave us. its very nice to see and hear about people contributing to the forum.

I have been MIA (Missing In Action) from 1st week of March...

also, i didnot know that so many people like me.. thanks to all of you.

well, A Selfless Service is always commendable.

Cheers...! to Pankaj...

Satya....