EOD Download/ Convert from NSE and BSE

Hi PKJha,
Same issue is persisting.
I am clicking on the tab 'downloader', but the white screen is not changing to the screen you have attached as example. Not able to figure out where the issue is?
Also observed that on clicking the tab 'browser', the URL input field is not properly visible; also the rest of the screen is blank.
Anything to do with the screen setting of display setting?

Regards,

Sarit

murthymsr

pkjha30 said:
Hi Murthy
By the way I must clarify that I am not an IT professional. I am using computer since 386mhz days. I still remember when I requested for 1 GB hard disk I was informed that it may not be required. My present computer is having 1GB RAM as against 8 MB .
I am following your thread on daily stock list.
Pankaj
hi panakj,

By a very strange coincidence, i am also NOT an IT professional. i never earned a rupee in all my service by my computer skills. Even my guru from whom i learnt computers is NOT an IT professional. :D

By the way I too must clarify that i am using computer since 286 processor days. my present and only computer is 266 MHz & 128 MB RAM and am not finding it as a big limitation. It is NOT the speed of your system that matters, but it is your ability to comprehend the logic behind any system or process that matters : I think.

It is satya's (srisara) brain and code and his open heart to release as a freeware. his efforts to get the idea and to put efforts to develop are laudable. the interface provided by you for his code has given it the professional and standard look and feel. both deserve appreciation.

I thought, i would give a final report on my observations after complete study, but now i changed my mind and my first set of observations are:

(My system runs on WIN98SE with IE 6.0. I, as a hobby install and remove many software and hense my system files/DLL's may not correspond with the original file-set with the above configuration.)

1) unzip32.dll :I already had 5.52 and it may be OK. (you have indicated the version requirement as 5.5.2.0 : Both may mean the same. pl check-up and reconfirm)

2) msscript.ocx : I had this file in my programs (Microsoft windows script folder). However as indicated that it should be present in the widows system folder, i have made a copy into the system folder also.

3) wininet.dll : you have indicated the version requirement as 6.0.2800.1468. But the latest version available at dll-files.com is 6.00.2600.0000. You may please look into and reconfirm.

4) fm20.dll : I had version 20.1 in my system, downloaded the version indicated by you (11.0.5601.0).

5) mschart20.dll file was not in my system. so downloaded version 6.00.8177

Rest of the recommendations indicated by you, were already complied in my system.

During my first time installation / run of the program, i observed:
1) I got the error message:
"Error in creating or edoting the error file. Error 13. Type Mismatch."

2) While i was checking my internet connection, i got the message:
"RAS not installed" : Of course, it was not installed at that time, which i added later.

3) I was trying to download and expected to get the report of succesful completion, but it was not happening. Also same is the case for conversion. But in one of these trials, the files were, of course downloaded and also converted. And the downloaded / converted files were just as required! :D

Please give your comments on my above observations/actions.

On hearing from you, I will delete the software and reinstall and repeat the whole process once again and report. (I am very happy that this software program does not require installation, just deleting is enough: please confirm that no registry settings/values are changed.

I commend satya and yourself for this wonderful program.

And about the thread ACES IN THE DECK. I am not fully satisfied with the present selections. I am incorporating some improvements to the selection criteria. So I have given a break to the ACES. It will be resumed after incorporating the changes and testing the same.

murthymsr

murthymsr

To saritguha:
pl check-up if (within the folder where EODDownloadConvert.exe file is located) the folders Data\BSE or NSE\converted\datewis or stockwise are created and the converted files are placed within those folders and report back.
In my case on WIN98 it all ahppened without any announcement.

To pankaj:
1) further to my last post, i add: the error 13 reporting window was containing the same info as what saritguha has attached in his post.

2) may be sarit's convertion also was complete but not noticed as anybody will expect a completion report.

murthymsr

pkjha30

Hi Murthy

Thanks a lot for your feedback. It is heartening to know that EODDownloader is working at least on one system other than my two systems. It is buggy as you would have noticed its version number is 0.0.70 which means after testing each component it is run 70 times on my system. I expect that by the time it is 0.1.0 i.e. 100 times run it should be stable and further modules could be added which are under process.

Except unzip5.5.2/5.52 which is a third party dll everything should be on a standard windows system be it xp or 98. I have tried not to use any os version specific .
component. If a version conflict is there it will generate a runtime error. Most of the system files are compatible with previous version.So as long as you are not getting error of version conflictyou need not chnage anything. What is reported as requirement is the dependency files generated by setup wizard to check what files are needed.
I will try not to use FM2.0 as it is reported to be problematic. mschart is not used but present as development is underway.Wininet.dll is ok. It gets installed by IE 5.5 and is available on all systems including 98se if IE5.5 is present.

The program is only executable and no other file would be required.May be some components could be hived off as seperate dll at a later date but path would be kept as application path only. this would only help in reducing size of exe file.

No, it does not write anything to registry nor it takes any values from registry except for checking internet connection. As long as as you have green gor nse you can download no matter what is reported as you may be on lan/dialup/broadband/wireless/firewire/optical network.
So if you IE is working it should work. For downloading it uses api call and simply saves the file.For converting it uses file i/o and array. I am planning to use two listview boxes to give user a way of getting desired output in the way he may want it and not what I think user wants . That logic just flashed on my mind yesterday. will try to implement.

For application settings it uses application.ini file in BIN.
It will get created first time it is run. Some values are stored in it. As of now no much essential but useful for running the programme next time as user might anticipate similar program state such as last folder, last url.I will use it more elaborately as it appears quite handy.
Deleting it will not cause any problem as it runs independently of it.

As for completion report on sunday evening you will find it on the next iteration. In fact it is there but disabled as I found it little obstructive for testing.For download Listview window and status bar will give the completion report. Do check.

I hope progress bar is also giving some indication of completion of work.

Now the problem of error.log This is a pure oversight when I changed values of error handling component and failed to reflect it in parameters so string versus integer problem. Now sorted out. But this should not hold up if the exe is run second time as error.log file will be created .
I will check for non existant file or zero length files in next version i.e.0.0.80.
This is the reason why I gave BIN files.

Such error will be removed.

You have rightly pointed out that logic should be clear. I will go one step and tell that algorithm or bare thought process is enough programming methodology or choice of language do not matter except for their own inherent limitations. As for logic I believe that USER is the ultimate arbitor. User will decide what he wants and how he wants. Development will be limited by the capability of the developper. If many people contribute it will certainly become better in logic as well as presentaion.

I have to give credit to SATYA for giving me inspiration.

Role of others in inspiring me or nudging me in this direction can not be overstated. I have already named a few including youself.

To recapitulate

Your system files are fine. Dont tinker with it. My program will not change it. No registry change. Completion report will be provided. Check the programm with different application folders.

In IE click on the Tools>>Internet options>>Advanced. In the Dialog box go to Browsing and check disable debugging and uncheck display script error if you are using Webbrowser in the program. The reason is I have not given any error trapping the that part of the code so for every html /asp/jsp/php page if scripting errors are present in page it will cause programme to crash. I have taken care of it now. Will see on Sunday evening.

Regards
Pankaj

pkjha30

saritguha said:
Hi PKJha,
Same issue is persisting.
I am clicking on the tab 'downloader', but the white screen is not changing to the screen you have attached as example. Not able to figure out where the issue is?
Also observed that on clicking the tab 'browser', the URL input field is not properly visible; also the rest of the screen is blank.
Anything to do with the screen setting of display setting?

Regards,

Sarit
If you are able to load the programme that half the problem is over and other half is beginning.
If you click on windows and see two tabs then click on one of them Downloader screen should be back.
This loading /unloading or hiding of forms will be taken care of.
It has nothing to do with screen resolution but if you have very high resolution the form will be much smaller and if you have lower resolution form will fall beyond your screen.Resolution check will be done later.

URL input field is perhaps not positioned properly. Done it.Check on sunday evening.
It is a barebones browser included to check if charting part could be loaded here. Will use it or if not required by users might drop it.
As of now what I did is to parse some URLS hidden in the pages and load through favourites such as index only from www,nseindia.com/indexGraph.html . You will see only index part of NSE website. Obviously loading is extemely fast. Might use for refreshing fast.

Browser face will be empty till you go to a particular site. If you see any site on Favourites Tab click on it and check it. In next release I have provided WWW.Traderji.com as default page.

I have to thank you for your feedback. I hope it works.

regards
Pankaj

murthymsr

hi pankaj,

Your post # 15 in this thread addressed to me :: with my responses are given below.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

It is heartening to know that EODDownloader is working at least on one system other than my two systems. :: I am sure it will work on every system tried, very shortly, the systematic way you are progressing considered.

So as long as you are not getting error of version conflict, you need not chnage anything. :: I am not getting any conflicts, i suppose.

As long as as you have green gor nse you can download no matter what is reported as you may be on an/dialup/broadband/wireless/firewire/optical network. :: Noted. But for checking internet connection, you may consider using ping to some 3 reliable websites and notify if all the three do not respond.

As for completion report on sunday evening you will find it on the next iteration. :: This will help the first time user. But of course the progress bar is there. but one feeling; the progress bar may consume more RAM and processing time. Innstead end report may be sufficient. further, all such status information to user may be incorporated in the status bar. This may reduce load on resources. You may keep the no. of pop-up windows to minimum.

This is the reason why I gave BIN files. :: I have not used your bin files, but now i will use them.

choice of language do not matter except for their own inherent limitations. :: rightly said!

Check the programm with different application folders. :: Now i will do it and report back.

In IE click on the Tools>>Internet options>>Advanced. In the Dialog box go to Browsing and check disable debugging and uncheck display script error if you are using Web-browser in the program. The reason is I have not given any error trapping the that part of the code so for every html /asp/jsp/php page if scripting errors are present in page it will cause programme to crash. :: Personally, i would not like script debugging by IE, so it is already disabled. else the fun of browsing is lost.

Your post # 16 in this thread addressed to sarit :: my responses are given below. (only if you like such an act!)
-----------------------------------------
It is a barebones browser included to check if charting part could be loaded here. Will use it or if not required by users might drop it. :: It's boon to have a web-browser with such a low overhead. you may retain it, we can meet most of our browsing needs without starting IE.

In next release I have provided WWW.Traderji.com as default page. :: It's a good tribute to our traderji forum. you may allow user to select one of his choise also. I have a html document created and saved on my hard disc which is set as my home page on IE. All the addresses i use (trading and others) are placed as links in it. users can set their own home page.

Whwn the program is started, instead of showing a blank page and expecting the user to make his choice, you may open the download page for NSE stocks for the current day. this may avoid the connfosion and also save a click to at least a majority of lazy people. (like me) :D

have a nice day.

murthymsr

Last edited:

murthymsr

hi pankaj,

here is one more set of observations. but pl ignore anything of what i write if it is not correct or it is not possible without making this program too big.

1) The program window: I am able to minimize,maximise or close the window. but in resizing, i noticed some unusuality. The window's bottom edge cannot be moved away from the bottom of the screen.

2) When you add the options saving into INI file, you may include the option not to launch the splash screen on start of the program. This will make the program start little faster.

3) Browser:
a) address may be brought into the same line as the as the buttons - forward,backward .... ,home,search. Thiswill save some desk-top space.
b) looks like the browser is taking the home and search settings from the IE settings. Can it be selected and saved to within the program. The may make the sites open faster.
c) In the favouries, can the edit/delete feature be added, so that one need not open the fav*.txt and mess-up the contents?
d) Favourites tab is operable without any purpose, even when the program is in download or convert modes. this is unnecessary. favourites drop-down may be attached to the browser tab.

4) Holidays:
a) The program may calculate the day of the week and mark all saturdays and sundays as holidays without entering all of them. next is marking special days (marking of festival holidays and unmarking a week-end holiday - like some saturdays, when NSE works for chennai back-up center testing.) this may be accomplished by right-clicking on a date to mark the date as a holiday or unmark a holiday. the name of the holiday property may be displayed whenever the mouse is taken over any date. colour marking of saturdays/sundays as well as marked holidays brings color and purpose to the calender.

pankaj, frankly if i have to mention one feature that fascinated me the most, i must mention that it is the calender. you can add many features to this calender later.

b) all dates may be shown in the year-month-date format. this is programmer friendly and users may be more comfortable than the present month-day-year format.

i repeat, i dont know how much of all this is possible, but my wish-list may be end-less. :D

This post is amde from your program's browser window. :D
All the best in all your endeavours, Pankaj.

murthymsr

murthymsr

hi ilabindia,

i hope you have read the thread completely. this is a thread for inhouse development of a software for data convertion. members like srisara, pk jha etc., are making attempts to develop/improvise on a product.

this thread, of course will be visited by people with interest in data management. you are using it as a market place where you can sell your product. i followed the links provided by you and found your products are all priced in Kilos.

please refrain from posting your marketing appeals in this thread.

I appel to TRADERJI and other members of this forum to visit the links provided and form their own view of the intentions.

murthymsr