Do you believe in TBQ and TSQ ?

Do you believe in TBQ and TSQ?

• yes

Votes: 23 39.7%
  • no

Votes: 35 60.3%

• Total voters

coolboy007

As an entrant I used to believe in TBQ and TSQ in 'toto' since TBQ stands for DEMAND and TSQ stands for SUPPLY.It gave me a complete negative returns.
After learning TA , a bit, I stopped looking at them.In fact ,I removed these 2 columns from my trading LAYOUT ,otherwise it will badly influence my trading decisions. Anyway these are available in MARKET DEPTH watch.I rarely look at them.
Hmm. The diff is when you entered you knew TA , when i jumped in leave alone indicators i didnt even know the full form of TA. When my 10th class boards exms ended we got leave of 2 months and at that time i did intraday , at that time used TBQ and TSQ only but didnt fully depend on it , i didnt make losses u cn say maybe it was luck as i did intra blindly without any indicators on the views of a famous member of a financial site.

Now i hv learned a fact that people cn put even 1 lakh buy orders of RIL at 600 rs which will never get executed.

C

Czar

I find absolutely no use for them & I believe they are highly manipulative in nature, not to help in trading decisions atleast... & I too initially used to pay attention but it turned out to be a waste of time & concentration... imagine me coming new to trading, wow we know whether buyer or sellers are more, its obvious... but alas not true...

S S

Most of the time, the new entrants feel that if TBQ is higher than TSQ, more people wish to buy that scrip, and hence that scrip may have an uptrend during that session.

Experience has taught me that this belief is BUxxSHxx. These quantities could have a relevance, depending upon the spot price being higher OR lower than the weighted average rate available.

But one also finds very high quantities appearing and disappearing from the market depth scene, that cannot be explained.

Therefore, I check the position as well as the trend of spot porices vis-a-vis the weighted average price, rather than looking at the mis-guiding TBQs and TSQs.

Cheers!

vasa1

May be we should ask about market depth as opposed to TBQ and TSQ.

As members have pointed out, the picture can be manipulated by putting large orders that don't have much chance of being executed.

The manipulators won't be small guys. Our brokers will want to see the money or the shares for buy and sell orders, respectively. So these types of manipulation can only be "inside" jobs.

However, I feel that market depth can be informative for relatively slow trading stocks. At least on my trading screen, 5 best bids are presented. The chance of fraud entries here, I feel, is minimal.

V

vvvv

suzlon 2dy dropped by around 13% i think & most pf the time TBQ was more than TSQ...well sum1 trading suzlon observed it & told me...
so now wht do u think......:confused::confused::eek:

U

uasish

Forget the TBQ & TSQ in absolute term ,see the Rate of Change at important juncture of Price near Resistance or Support,then we can get a feel,it is more like Confirmatory in nature.

No, I donot rely on TBQ/TSQ. It may be good for fooling the unexperienced newcomers but I domot think any seasoned fellow will decide his position based on these quantities.SHUKLADN

bjj9126

I strongly believe in TBQ and TSQ,

But the combinition of TBQ/TSQ , ATP , LTP and PC,

I have done many proffitable trade only with these combinition..!!!

Reallllyyy...!!!

Prakash

yo!

TBQ & TSQ stand for Total Buy Quantity and Total Sell Quantity, which appear in the market depth of any trading site.

Because many trading site allow a lesser Quantity getting displayed than the order quantity, the TBQ and TSQ tend to mis-guide.

Yo!