Do you believe in TBQ and TSQ ?

Do you believe in TBQ and TSQ?

• yes

Votes: 23 39.7%
  • no

Votes: 35 60.3%

• Total voters

pleaseharsh

tbq/tsq are quite helpful ...but i personally feel the the volatility of tbq/tsq
is not helpful all the time but different phases of time during the intraday..
i dont rely on it during last 30-40 mins of day...cuz shortcovering comes into picture...
also tbq/tsq is very very helpful while scalping as compared to bigger time period trade...

AW10

I don't believe this two numbers now. I used to rely of them in my earlier days of trading and lost many trades. Then realised that they are prone to manipulation. To give an impression of heavy buy side, somebody can put huge buy order at a limit price which is sufficiently away from CMP and create bearish scalp trades to book quick profits. Typical strategy of floor traders to create dummy orders and suck the novice daytraders.

Happy Trading.

mahesh2007

Have u ever wondered during a free fall like Jan 21, why there is heavy selling by FII's as if they all work in tandem.

weakness news was coming since early January but fall took place after the 19 Jan(which happened to be the closure of Rpower IPO).

the book in which , cartel of financial institutions, financial experts, influential HNI people all over the world, were collectively referred as " Electronic herd" is "The lexus and the olive tree".

members of the electronic herd are supposed to be hand in gloves with one another and all work for cartels betterment.

actions of the electronic herd causes major upheavel in the world financial markets.

Now I come to the original point.

Take an ex.
Suppose by 10 AM to 11:59:00AM, TBQ is almost double of TSQ. we take long position according to it at 11:59:30 AM.

And the electonic herd is determined to start selling by 12 PM. suddenly TSQ starts increasing and by 12:10 pm TSQ becomes thrice that of TBQ.

see, what shell be the plight.Though probability of such incidences are rare .

Morale, we should not blindly believe in TBQ/TSQ all the time.

PS: I never read the aforesaid book, but this citing was there in one of the Robert Kiyosaki's book, which I happened to read.
If I recollect the name of the book I shall update the forum about it.

mahesh

Last edited:

milind

I have found reasonable correlation between changes in TBQ/TSQ and price movement. However, I never make a trade decision solely on TBQ/TSQ, but use it as secondary indicator. Absolute values are usually less important, changes matter. And effect of those changes is short term - so you have to be checking the numbers frequently.

-- Milind

coolboy007

Hmmm , even i used this indicator when i was an entrant in stock mkts. Now i do use it , but only sometimes as now i hav learnt other indicators too.
It cn be manipulated but i do believe in this indicator.:)

praveen taneja

I dont believe in those fake no.of TBQ/TSQ because if that is real why is there a column in odin of mension quantity.Had anybody notice that ? when mkt move opposite side u can see 10 Times more buyer disappear in a second n stand on opp side.I never look at that for trade or time pass

xtalk

If you are position trader look for No. of contracts (Volume) and OI on EOD basis and weekly basis. That's working for me! TBQ and TSQ on intraday basis is quite useless.

rohangawale

cant rely on tbq and tsq as many times the orders are put at very low levels just to show the qty in the stk so that the people who trades on tbq and tsq figures trades in to it and stuck.
it better to see the direcction of mkt and then link it to tbq and tsq

columbus

Hmmm , even i used this indicator when i was an entrant in stock mkts. Now i do use it , but only sometimes as now i hav learnt other indicators too.
It cn be manipulated but i do believe in this indicator.:)
As an entrant I used to believe in TBQ and TSQ in 'toto' since TBQ stands for DEMAND and TSQ stands for SUPPLY.It gave me a complete negative returns.
After learning TA , a bit, I stopped looking at them.In fact ,I removed these 2 columns from my trading LAYOUT ,otherwise it will badly influence my trading decisions. Anyway these are available in MARKET DEPTH watch.I rarely look at them.