Discipline is the key - My trade logs

Narass

Hi,

Just wanted to give you my bit on the lines above.
Be a little easy on yourself at-least be fair. Have you really praised yourself to the same degree when you made a perfect 100% day? Most of us don't do that.
Negative motivation only takes you so far, it's a very short term booster, it just helps suppress your guilt of the wrong doing... and as we all know here the stock market is not a short term task... it's takes a lot of effort and dedication to remain focused and do your work in the markets.
Instead stick to your long term goals and when something wrong happens (which is bound to happen as we're all humans) accept your mistake calmly and objectify what you did wrong rather than 'punish yourself' or rather don't make use of inflated statements against yourself (you've already been punished by the market at the very least). Motivate yourself with your correct behavior and by adopting and changing the flaws that you've objectified.
Remember that work always comes and goes but you and your family always remain... so love your family and yourself... and work will always follow.
Take care.
At the outset, thank u very much for reading my posts and care to reply with good thoughts of urs.

I value it and it is nice to see these kind of posts, especially, from one who can think above my own thoughts. Here i see value addition.

Essentially u are saying "Be positive". I shud go in for positive reinforcements rather than indulging otherwise.

thanx and i will heed to ur advise :thumb:

Narass

Today i had many trades. Some of them are covered at entry price. Though i had earned 2 winners today, there were some slippage and more brokerage. Hence my return has shrunk to 1.3%.

ravinder0509

Good going...You are going great guns with the discipline part of the trading which is most important.

If you don't mind can you share what strategy you are using and how you are selecting the symbols to watch for the day.

Regards
Ravinder

Narass

I will just make a small note of some of my thots/actions/inaction as well.

Kotak shorted and covered at cost -- went on to hit target
Aban, shorted, but, cancelled the entry -- went on to hit the target(r:r=1:2)
ICICI, wanted to short, never entered in system -- went on to hit the target
Sesa, shorted, cancelled the entry -- r:r=1:5 hit

now at 3pm, i dont want to enter anything now...anyways these thing happens

Narass

Good going...You are going great guns with the discipline part of the trading which is most important.

If you don't mind can you share what strategy you are using and how you are selecting the symbols to watch for the day.

Regards
Ravinder
Iam a discretionary trader. I have a strategy, but, i dont have the ability to back-test it. So i have given it expert and let us see what is the outcome.

I basically look for continuation of trend. I trade 10 min TF onwards. I wait and wait and if see a clear candle, then i jump into trade. My problem, as u can see from this thread, is that i don't always trust my decision. So many times, i make an entry and then cancel it later on.

If there is a clear cut strategy, properly back-tested, then we can rely on it totally and never bother to worry abt it once after entry.

As i read in forums and from "expert talks", i feel the key is
-patience
-minimum number of trades
-money management like SLs, number of trades per day, max per day losses, max per day profits etc

I also read somewhere that trading is like working in Nuclear reactor, more u stay, more u get burnt :lol:

Iam still in experiment mode. If this exercise succeeds, then i may increase my capital.

Let us hope for the best :)

And WISH ME LUCK :thumb:

Last edited:

nac

I feel the key is
-patience
-minimum number of trades
-money management like SLs, number of trades per day, max per day losses, max per day profits etc

You can narrow down a bit...

Patience/confidence/Risk/money management.

And kick the rest off (these are already in with the above).

Slowly you will gain confidence...

All the best :thumb:

columbus

I basically look for continuation of trend. I trade 10 min TF onwards. I wait and wait and if see a clear candle, then i jump into trade. My problem, as u can see from this thread, is that i don't always trust my decision. So many times, i make an entry and then cancel it later on.

If there is a clear cut strategy, properly back-tested, then we can rely on it totally and never bother to worry abt it once after entry.

I am still in experiment mode. If this exercise succeeds, then i may increase my capital.

I observed that any thing between 3~8min TF is good.If it is possible please
reduce the TF. YES,whenever you on TEST ,better to employ SMALL capital.