Discipline is the key - My trade logs

Narass

I was disappointed. The reason is that i didnt expect this much fall on a day. And as and when a new candle was produced, i was wary of shorting it since it had already fallen much.

I had a fight with my wife in the morning and i was yelling at everyone including the street dog

So just to cool things off, i decided to take it lightly during the first half and then resume trading. But, alas!, market decided to jump the cliff in the morning session itself. Though i watched it falling, i somehow resisted my feeling to jump and join the fall. So its a kind of mixed feeling of not joining the trend/missing in action and good that u didnt trade much since u only decided not to trade.

One thing is for sure, when these kind of fall happens, there is always a feeling of not doing much. I need to understand that iam here to achieve what is given in my plan, come what may and not to worry about how much i cud have earned if i had taken as many trades as possible.

There are players who miss action on most of the days and take trades only when these kind of big moves happen. There are others who take positions with big SLs and they earn big and loose big when their SLs hit. Iam a type who wants to do small and do it daily and consistently. So it is not advisable to worry about anything else except my inactions with reference to my own plan.

Narass

I expected to encounter some bad trades today, since i have not really got a bad one this week. But today also seems to be a good one indeed.

Since the opening of this thread, i have been trying to trade as per plan...I must say that iam happy at the end of the week. I will go through all my reviews and try to put it as my First week's learning.

Since i have not encountered a loss making trade so far in the first week, i wanted to reward myself with my family a nice outing somewhere.

But i feel that the reward should be somewhat in the range of 10% of the profits earned, nothing much can be done this week(not even Pizza :(). So we may have to wait for some more time to really get ready for an outing.

But the important learning of this exercise is that mind works amazingly well when there is peace...when we know what is going to be the outcome...either it is going to be 2 SLs hit or 2% gain......

Let us see how next week pans out :)