How to Learn Discipline

The Pig

Hi All,
I have been immensely benefited by this forum. Now I am here for much more benefits. I make few bucks trading everyday,let’s say 2k. But my problem is in keeping the profits, once I make some profits, I don’t stop and keep trading until it goes to a loss.This has been like this from the start. I make profits but still end up in loss. I have been trading like this from quite a few years. I had stopped in between too. My questions are
1) how do I get disciplined.
2) how do I sell at target and use stop loss ( I know usage,but I can’t make my mind)
3) how did you guys learn disciplined trading.
4) how do I stop over trading.

MSN1979

Hi All,
I have been immensely benefited by this forum. Now I am here for much more benefits. I make few bucks trading everyday,let’s say 2k. But my problem is in keeping the profits, once I make some profits, I don’t stop and keep trading until it goes to a loss.This has been like this from the start. I make profits but still end up in loss. I have been trading like this from quite a few years. I had stopped in between too. My questions are
1) how do I get disciplined.
2) how do I sell at target and use stop loss ( I know usage,but I can’t make my mind)
3) how did you guys learn disciplined trading.
4) how do I stop over trading.
Draw your Trading Plan, Stick to it. Find someone to help you watch ur trades daily. Post it on traderji ur ledger so u cannot lie to yourself or others

Day 1: If you dont stick on day 1, get up from system and ban yourself from trading that day.
Day 2: if you break your system again, punish yourself for 2 days

Day 3: For (Month start = monthat till month end)
{
While Overtrading > System wali trading
{
Punishment CTR = CTR+1
Print screen Traderji Trade log.
}

If you still cant stop overtrading go for a holiday sit on a beach think what you really want to do.

Finally consullt your family and friends

If you still cant stop yourself, then you are doomed.

PS: YOGA MEDITATION ETC ETC HELPS TOO.

Consider meditation for 7 to 10 minutes a day and observe the difference for yourself after about a month or so.

The Pig

Draw your Trading Plan, Stick to it. Find someone to help you watch ur trades daily. Post it on traderji ur ledger so u cannot lie to yourself or others

Day 1: If you dont stick on day 1, get up from system and ban yourself from trading that day.
Day 2: if you break your system again, punish yourself for 2 days

Day 3: For (Month start = monthat till month end)
{
While Overtrading > System wali trading
{
Punishment CTR = CTR+1
Print screen Traderji Trade log.
}

If you still cant stop overtrading go for a holiday sit on a beach think what you really want to do.

Finally consullt your family and friends

If you still cant stop yourself, then you are doomed.

PS: YOGA MEDITATION ETC ETC HELPS TOO.
Thanks,
Will try that, but that’s exactly the problem I am facing,not sticking to a plan. Well, it’s true that I don’t have well defined plan, I will draw up a trading plan and will definitely keep posted. I don’t lie to myself, I know I can trade a bit,but I also know that I over trade an end up in losses.

The Pig

Do maintain a Trading Journal. This will be the best guide for you to rectify your mistakes. Jot down important points , make notes , mention your mistakes, why you took a trade, why you exited, what should have been done to improve the trade. All this done regularly will bring in discipline by default.
Thanks, I started maintaining a journal from yesterday. I had tried it before,but not in a proper way. And as you said I will try doing it regularly.

The Pig

only way to Discipline is become swing trader ...
instead of making 2k daily make 10K in 2 week from 1 trade :xD
result be same at end of month

and above rule applies on me too lol .
again they say rules are meant to be broken
I have tried this too, but didn’t work out for me. My plans are usually intraday and I ended up making more losses since I couldn’t sell at target or Stoploss. But will try that too. Thanks

The Pig

Writing you replies,I understand that I am very indisciplined and I need to mend myself. But that’s the actual problem, I have started writing a journal. Will keep you guys posted.
Btw i have the hunch to trade till last minute ( absolute last second) . Today too I over traded but ended in profit, I could stop myself from trading in last half hour, but I don’t consider it an improvement.
And, I don’t get the option to like others posts,anyone knows why.