Day Trading Stocks & Futures

re: Day trading Nifty & Banknifty Futures

Today's earnings - CDS - minus 120, F&O plus 71, margin available 1477

thats bcos TR was a priest,monk or baba in his pajama :lol:
What is "baba in pajama" :confused:

:D
Congratulations Ravi for completing 10000 posts...best wishes..

Smart_trade
Hope you guys don't close it down and start a new one. If so, let the first post of the new thread be the threadstarter's (Ravi's) so that it's easy to search.

To, Trader Ravi,

I know the margin requirement is high. But I don't think it is a bad idea, as if one can make a sure profit of even Rs 1500 with 70,000 margin. It is more than 2% and such opportunity occurs at least 5 or 7 days in average /month in last 20 minutes, which could give a good returns of capital in aggregate. :)

----------------

OK.After long time I read one Intelligent observation. But, how can we profit from the fast movements?
Any Idea? can you profit from this Idea?
Yes, that was real trade. :)
Here is little details, how I got such idea. :lol:

Some friends here know my trading style (I gave real time example with my JMD id here). I am a day trader and I quickly reverse my positions multiple times. I am mainly a Nifty Trader. Whenever I book full (not partial) profit in Nifty Futures near strong support/resistance, I create reverse positions automatically.
I trade with options also, but specially in last few days of expiry.
I don't carry overnight future positions also. Mostly use my trade using MIS to get extra margin. My capital usually free within 3:10 PM.

So I always try to find out various ways to use such capital even for last 20 minutes (to next day morning) ;). Previously I have found a way to extra profit by buying option just before closing when I am confident of a gap up or a gap down. But still this type of trades have bigger risk bcoz of fundamental news and world markets.
Recently I have found a new way of profit generating in last 20 minutes. I have shared my today's trades and ideas for friends here as an 'another example', when saw boarder's comment. :p

Today whenever I booked my full profit from Shorted Nifty Futures near 6000. I saw 6000 PE is near 60 also (which was also a very good resistance point for 6000 PE, actual resistance points of 6000PE was 60-70 zone (many traders & option writers know that ;) ).

Finally, I have innovated another good way of profit for my unused capital in last 20 minutes during my 'after puja holiday break'. I have shared that strategy for friends here.
But trading in last 20 minutes or in last few minutes needs a strong mind and heart and experience too. :)

Best Wishes to ALL.
Happy Trading.
Cheers.

Last edited:

boarders

It will be Great Help.
Looking forward......

in amibroker

file - new database - put name and create
make settings as per the picture above
click ok and close then reopen amibroker then go to file - database settings - configure and check that the settings in configure window has not changed and remains as per above image, sometimes it goes to default by itself in which case repeat the settings, this happens only for the first time of opening after initial configuration after making new database.
then go to symbol - new - and add scrip name - I have used NIFTY_SPOT for nifty spot data and NIFTY_FUTURE for current month future in the example.

now open NSE NOW or NEST OR ODIN OR ANY TRADING PLATFORM WHICH SUPPORTS EXCEL, IN CASE OF NESTRIGHT CLICK ON MARKET WATCH - CLICK LINK TO EXCEL (NOT WRITE TO EXCEL) - ALL ITEMS

now open a new excel workbook, in sheet1 cell a1 right click and paste, now you will see the market watch data in this sheet.
now rename sheet2 to "mdata", then in cell a1 of this sheet type the name for the scrip exactly as you gave in amibroker, likewise do for cell a2 etc for the scrips you added in amibroker. in cell b1 and b2 etc paste link the Last traded price and last traded quantity (in cell c1...c2) from sheet1.
then go to formulas - names manager and make settings as given in image above. once done close and save the worksheet with any name you want.
close amibroker also.

the procedure for opening is, login nest then right click on market watch and LINK to excel all items. then open the saved excel sheet - then open amibroker, now you will see green connect indicator on amibroker bottom right hand indicating that ami is connected to excel and will start receiving and updating charts when market opens.

you need to do 1 minute backfilling for atleast 1 days data otherwise the charts wont display.

oilman5

10000th post coming ........:clapping::clapping::clapping:
..................................................................................................
Congrats with an opportunity for a trade - Its SBI Short. About 3% u should get within 7days. Just see SBI chart- EOD or weekly. A strong bearish view in shortterm. Technically - banking sector hammering started. Its NPA problem real. Soft lady head - may not influence RBI GUV to get some favor before 28.11.13
Regards