Day Trading Stocks & Futures

Tuna

Listen and act, don't ask it, it doesn't oblige
I am not even watching the market, I am watching reactions from all of you. Once I find all of you are quiet, that means market is trending ;)

stock_mani

Hi people,

Why you traders don't focus on NF stocks which can give more movement in comparison to NF or BNF.... Metal stocks are more volatile (Hindalco, NMDC, Vedanta, TATA Steel )

vijkris

Learner and Follower
Hi people,

Why you traders don't focus on NF stocks which can give more movement in comparison to NF or BNF.... Metal stocks are more volatile (Hindalco, NMDC, Vedanta, TATA Steel )
Because enough liquidity is not there... For intraday, U can't buy 100 lots in any of these..
Moreover stock specific news is difficult to track.

travi

Thanks, how did you manage entry at open on Friday?
I have very short memory on trades, so i'm reading my trading journal.
I keep a very detailed a/c :p

Apparently, there was some glitch and open=high somewhere 216XX was seen so didn't enter in 1st 5m.
Trade was entered short somewhere around 9:27 and filled at 21255 bcos again PDL was being poked with opening WRB so bias was gap-up going down.
Trade manually exited at 21223.

travi

Hi people,

1. Tracking specific stock/sector news, most imp, no time.
2. Lot sizes seem to hurt R:R bcos of point 1
3. liquidity in many cases
4. Index is reflection of mkt sentiment while stock price is reflection of Technical and fundamental xyz ( ispe talli maro, dhol bajao :p )

TraderRavi

low risk profile
if you see nifty its range is 50 points , thats ok
but NF range is 20 points
its because of sob premium
there should be a way to trade spot like in stocks

stock_mani

1. Tracking specific stock/sector news, most imp, no time.
2. Lot sizes seem to hurt R:R bcos of point 1
3. liquidity in many cases
4. Index is reflection of mkt sentiment while stock price is reflection of Technical and fundamental xyz ( ispe talli maro, dhol bajao :p )
thanks for replying, pls don't mind if you can tell if you have generated consistently return on index trading & what is monthly profit % on total actual capital (pure capital without leverage).. it is just for motivation :)