Day Trading Stocks & Futures

TraderRavi

low risk profile
Stages a trader goes through before he gets trading nirvana or Master trader stage (below post is not from TJ but Saint forum)..every trader knows his stage !!!

There are very predictable stages in any traders trading cycle.They are as under :

1) Total beginner stage : We all started with this stage...we make some money on shares bought on tips and recommendations of someone and feel that this is a good way of earning some extra income....quick and easy money...but soon we get disillusioned as some tips fail and we are left with holding some worthless stock....then we decide that we must make our own study and make our own decisions....

2) Holy Grail Indicator/method stage :Then comes a stage in which we desperately go after books,new indicators,Metastock,Amibroker,tradestation,RSI,ROC,MACD...etc .We are fully convinced that out there there is some secret formula,some magical indicator or some key to trading riches...and if we manage to find out that we will make it in trading.....this search continues for long time...and we finally realise that there is no holy grail or a super indicator which will never fail.This is a stage where one believes that to be successful you need to have contacts with operators,inside information,market movers etc

3) Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gum Stage : Then we come to Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gum stage.....actually it is " Less Khushi More Gum " stage here we take trades on some indicator.....it sometimes makes money,sometimes looses money....whenever it makes money,we grab it because we have a baggage of earlier losses and we dont want to let these small profits go....and invariably some loosing trades...we overstay in loosing trades as we cannot affort to take losses....this also continues for a long time......

4)Consistant Small Profits Stage : Then we come to consistantly small profits stage and here we trade small lots,we are quick to cut our losses and also quick to take profits....we dont make big profits but we remain net positive and hand to mouth traders....just barely meet our expences

5 Professional Consistantly Profitable Stage : : Next stage is consistantly profitable trader stage who trades for living....he has by now understood that there is no "Holy Grail" ,the key is not the entry but money management,position sizing and trade management....having a control over our emotions while winning or loosing....but he still has not figured out how to go in the large multicontracts trading stage.....his trading capital increases at steady 40 to 80 % per annum.....still hungry for achieving next stage....

6) Master Trader Stage : Here traders are very happy and at rest in their minds....large quantities,large profits....but all achieved not through taking large initial risks but taking controlled risks ,adds,holding positions till the trend at hand is in force and quickly reversing when the trend changes....their mind is quiet....no turbulance...this is where they make between 300 % to 800 % returns on their trading capital per year.....

Every trader has to undergo these stages....there are no shortcuts....you may reduce the time spent in each stage depending on your efforts...this is a road with stones and thorns....and we have to walk this road barefoot ourselves...nobody can do it for us....but if we make it, at the end of the road there is a beautiful life awaiting you,life of self confidence knowing that you can make a very decent living with your head held up,you are not dependent on anything or any one...no bossing,no office politics,no payment defaults.....and you will not exchange this with anything else.....:)

Best wishes for every one to graduate to master trader stage.....

6 years and still in stage 3 :mad:
but I disagree with few points in last stage , master traders dont make 300 to 800% per year , they trade very large capital and make 40 - 50% per year
its in early/middle stages when trader make these kind of occasionaly big returns on their capital through high leverage :D:D

Last edited:

TraderRavi

low risk profile
I analysed my trades in BNF since April 2015 (when I started trading it)
few mistakes found are :
1) only mental SL no Hard SL on terminal , which in some cases turned to very large losses
2) Overtrading/Revenge trading , which resulted in few big losing days
3) Trading for profit targets , not what the move is giving , resulting in breakeven or sometimes losing trades

I believe first two points are taken care of :lol::mad:
but third point is subjective , so made few rules for exits , so that once price moves in favour then no losing trades. still to work on this.

XRAY27

I analysed my trades in BNF since April 2015 (when I started trading it)
few mistakes found are :
1) only mental SL no Hard SL on terminal , which in some cases turned to very large losses
2) Overtrading/Revenge trading , which resulted in few big losing days
3) Trading for profit targets , not what the move is giving , resulting in breakeven or sometimes losing trades

I believe first two points are taken care of :lol::mad:
but third point is subjective , so made few rules for exits , so that once price moves in favour then no losing trades. still to work on this.
I also suffer with this 3rd point :mad:...so i always use TSL to over come which is based on swing structure..no targets for intraday ..i suffer in range days with BE and loss trade :mad::annoyed:,but i won't miss trend move and able to catch 80 % of that

XRAY27

somebody post BNF chart of 7 Dec RBI policy day
When RBI policy is at 2.30 ..not much left to intra players :(:confused:...before that tuktuk only

rjshem

I also suffer with this 3rd point :mad:...so i always use TSL to over come which is based on swing structure..no targets for intraday ..i suffer in range days with BE and loss trade :mad::annoyed:,but i won't miss trend move and able to catch 80 % of that
In sideways everyone struggles its there to keep us on our feet.main thing we should not struggle in trend days and if ur catching 80% that is excellent .

Last edited: