CRICKET BIDDING JUSTIFIED?

• NO

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • YES

Votes: 9 75.0%

• Total voters
H

hari09omkar

Hari bhai, i thought you should read these text from times of india......
Dear fizzler,

If good is for good only,then good it is.But in whatever field,cricket,football or chess,we shouldn't believe the authorities who are hard core politicians.The Pawar camp will do them in ground reality,then only believe it,otherwise,with the election coming,it may be like just another 'ashvasan'.The brainless Priya Ranjan Dasmunsi,the bengali statesman,so many days in the chair of AIFF had done so much little for Indian football and in the speed of a tortoise! If these Sharad Pawar-people will give money to the first class cricketers and to the Desi-coaches,who coach the children in town and cities silently,to the horrible Indian pitches,to the basic infrastructures of athleticsm of the cricketers,some good pensions to the retired cricketers(they might have started already),then it is enough.Other sports' funding generosity - it's fine,wonderful.....But the truth is differnt and dangerous here.......

Why?Bcz firstly they have to show the balancesheet to the public,like any professional profitting body does.Imagine,what these bullshit politicians-businessmen nexus in the control of the board suck the money,which none will know except the body!If a football body does something like this,it would fail to have recognition from FIFA,and the country will be banned to play football at international level.But this peculiar fool's sport is having more than a hundred year's of history,the authority ICC if thinks to stop India to do anything,India will drag them by their ears.The money in cricket is not for public or employment for entertainers mostly,it's for those fat cheaters.They are betraying the court of law,the Govt.,the public,the players.....it's possible because of so weak organization of global level and India is sharing the biggest revenue to the game than the other 9 countries combined! No big Economy is seriously interested in this bogus game (except England where it is vigorously underrated),bcz of it's time-absorbing nature and we the global failure in sports will not concentrate on already existing industry-sports like football,athletics!What we will do is close our eyes to the mechanism of this game and be the 90% contributor to this revenue of which the world cricket earns(imagine the ridicule of the popularity of the game)which are not audited! How funny! And without having any knowledge about these indiscipline,people shouts ignorantly here and talk nonsense! Had u read the financialexpress reports? Check it then:

Show us the money!

BCCI must be more transparent

Posted online: Thursday, March 30, 2006 at 0008 hours IST

The antics of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) have sharply divided the nation or at least its sports lovers. Its latest efforts to raise revenue from every conceivable opportunity are no exception. While its supporters are all praise for its smart-alec attempt to raise money from things like the telecast, cricket kit/dress to mobile messages and now archives, its opponents see as an opportunistic closed club concerned only with money, not with the game; a dictatorial body wanting to control every aspect of the game.
Take its latest decision on sale of archival rights, i.e. rights to telecast highlights and replays of the match on a package basis, as opposed to charging on a per minute basis, which is the norm. Its vice-president, Lalit Modi, says the rate card will have guidelines for the broadcaster as to how to show previously placed matches, when to show and what to show. Presumably Mr Modi, in all his wisdom, will charge different rates for a boundaries package, a wickets package and so on. Not content with this, Mr Modi has been talking about mobile telephonymatch scores SMSs being an untapped source of revenue. His contention is that such information is the property of the board. Beware; tomorrow the BCCI might sue you for telling the score to a friend or writing about a match in the newspaper. It already has its own commentators for the matches it produces and some of them lose no opportunity to praise the organisation and its initiatives. So much for objective analysis. For all you know, theyll soon be after betting organisations and websites abroad like Ladbrokes or bet365 to get a share of that revenue.

And what does the BCCI do with all this money? Does the government get to see its annual balance sheet and profit and loss statement? Sure, it is set up as a private club. But to the extent that it enjoys the mandate to choose the countrys players, it has to be answerable to some outside agency. Walk the talk of professionalising the board, Mr Pawar/Modi. Charging Jagmohan Dalmiya for misappropriating Rs 21 lakh is one thing. Steering clear of the same trap is another.
link:http://www.financialexpress.com/old/fe_full_story.php?content_id=122088

Money came from the capitalist,gone to them,in between the politicians and shreud flattering-oiling type ' chamchas' will become billionaire!Where is the am-admi? The thread started on this type of note of poor India's essence,where food-shelter-clothing is a problem!
Imagine the 7000 crores and God knows how many thousand crores will go and had gone already(in the past) to which swiss bank accounts!Even the Govt. doesn't know about their accounts???? This happens only in India! Because people are emotional fools here! They will continue voting these idiot politicians!They don't question even!! And this kind of audacity can't exist in the huge and professional organization like FIFA or any other globally accepted sports!
I said the term:kupamanduka,is it justified now fizzler?

oxusmorouz

Amateur Football? :A pair of boot,a pair of socks,a small leg guard,a ball(collectively contributed),a jersey,A third class coach:50 to 100 rupees a month.
A pair of good, fairly durable, football boots costs "at least" Rs.3000. Shin guards and sports socks total to another Rs.1000. Every school "has" (even in villages atleast) computers (Thus, the chess program, a pirated version or can be downloaded for free, and the digital watch). There are several places which offer free coaching for both chess and football (Chess used to be free in my school, football used to cost, but let us not include this anyway). This restricts the overheads in chess to the strategy books purchased, or downloaded. Unfortunately, one cannot download football boots and socks.

Also, for keeping your physique up to play, strength training has to be undertaken. Add Rs.300 a month to that. Besides, to improve your agility, you need to undertake aerobic training. Add another Rs.200 to that. I beg of you to not confuse strength with aerobic. They are both essential elements to improve a player's potential, agility and strength are different aspects of the game. Ask a professional footballer and you will come to know. If you say the computers are not usually available to students, the cost of purchasing a decent computer worth Rs.17,000 at 12% nominal interest payable in 36 monthly installments is Rs.560, which can easily be shared by 2-3 (just like the ball). Also, the cost of physical injury is significantly higher in case of football and usually requires frequent medical attention, sometimes, even surgery. A very good "practical" example would be Eduardo Silva of Arsenal who broke his leg against Birmingham last saturday and had to undergo some 3 operations in one night costing a few hundred thousand pounds to save his career. Besides, footballers are most vulnerable to hernia injuries, breaking their legs, shin troubles and foot fractures, all career threatening. The discounted cost of these things happening is scary indeed! Now sum up and total.

Besides, although the computer is essential, it is not absolutely necessary at the amateur level. Till a few decades back, there were no computers and people practiced without them and still succeeded in carrying about with their objectives. I have not heard of footballers who made it to playing in the big leagues without boots, socks, shin guards, insurance, aerobic and strength training!

I have played chess in amateur level,played football,played cricket.There by have some practical knowledge,hypothesis is for u who just talks nonsense without any evidence and make one after another hollow disregardfull chatter-batters.
If you had so much of practical knowledge yourself, why did your highness have to enquire with some professional player in Jharkand, and then arrive at the cost? Does it mean that you made a statement without realizing what it is and then came up with the facts to justify your statement? Very surprising it took one whole day for you! Look who's talking nonsense :D

Last edited:
H

hari09omkar

A pair of good, fairly durable, football boots costs "at least" Rs.3000. Shin guards and sports socks total to another Rs.1000. Every school "has" (even in villages atleast) computers (Thus, the chess program, a pirated version or can be downloaded for free, and the digital watch). There are several places which offer free coaching for both chess and football

Besides, although the computer is essential, it is not absolutely necessary at the amateur level. Till a few decades back, there were no computers and people practiced without them and still succeeded in carrying about with their objectives. I have not heard of footballers who made it to playing in the big leagues without boots, socks, shin guards, insurance, aerobic and strength training!

Very surprising it took one whole day for you! Look who's talking nonsense :D
Yes I looked who talked nonsense!
It is evident that u have no knowledge of amateurism even! Free coaching?? They are not for amateurs,they are for the oldies who want to know how the knight moves!
Pirated version u r advocating! U know u r not only talking non-sense,u r advocating criminal offense too! Ur this statement needs editting from Traderji!
Regarding physical training,it is very well known to the chess playing amateurs also that body-strength is a must in chess too,and the players do go to gym for that! Expenses on this count is not given!
Regarding major injuries,that happens once in a blue moon in a amateur club-tournament,it is nowhere included in the amteur's learning curve(which was the point of discussion here)!If u want to include these incidents,u can get fat-bills on chess amateur's accounts also!

Now...in that post I forgot to include the beautiful bills of the huge money one amateur chess player gives from his pocket to travel to the other provinces,the handsome hotel bills(the staying is free for G.Ms and sometimes I.Ms,not for the amateurs) that they have to pay,the carrying of the laptop of 1 lakh rupees,the maintenance of the machine,the good amount of entry fee each tournament authority demands(4 thousand to 8 thousand in various categories )!And this process will continue for the whole year! Football being a team game,the costs are taken care by the clubs not bothering the players too much!

If u total these costs,it is evident this will overshadow every other games' amateurism costs,forget football,it is much much more than cricket also!

Now ur childish statements:
Besides, although the computer is essential, it is not absolutely necessary at the amateur level
U r a laughing element to the amateurs really!Till few years back we had Sultan Khan who was a great player and didn't care to castle in his many games and beat good players in International players.But today the game is pretty complicated,people know each other's game,so much of variations of a single opening like RuyLopez or Sicillian defense,and a single move is of known character some times,beacuse the software programmes and internet had made the whole thing uplifted! Computer is the must!

Another gem from u:
I have not heard of footballers who made it to playing in the big leagues without boots, socks, shin guards, insurance, aerobic and strength training!
If u have never heard,why don't u upgrade ur knowledge first?And then comment like this? Check how MohunBagan defeated Britishers to uplift the glory of our country!U r a complete waste of time.....:eek:

It took one whole day??? No.I didn't want to bother to answer ur third rate debate attitude of making stray comments without knowing the facts.But then u apologized on ur language,so I also made one step further,to show courtsey,answer that question!And I left chess for the sake of trading for more than 1 year! So to make the updated price of today,I called the former player,who was a coach too!
Again u proved to be a shallow swimmer with ur baseless points(I can understand that u have no ground knowledge)! No more participation with u from my side!So u can continue with ur substanceless and down market filthy language oriented discussion!Alvida!

Last edited by a moderator:

oxusmorouz

Yes I looked who talked nonsense!
It is evident that u have no knowledge of amateurism even! Free coaching?? They are not for amateurs,they are for the oldies who want to know how the knight moves!
Oh dear, have you never been to school? It is high time you go out more. I can show you at least 3 places in Chennai where coaching for students aiming to be prospective players is free. :rolleyes:

Pirated version u r advocating! U know u r not only talking non-sense,u r advocating criminal offense too! Ur this statement needs editting from Traderji!
Essentially proves you need to learn English again.

STRICTLY NO DISCUSSION WHATSOEVER SOLICITING OR EXCHANGE OF ILLEGAL AND/OR COPYRIGHT MATERIAL INCLUDING EBOOKS, SOFTWARE PROGRAMS, ETC.

Where was I soliciting or exchanging? Do you even know what they mean? :rolleyes:

Regarding physical training,it is very well known to the chess playing amateurs also that body-strength is a must in chess too,and the players do go to gym for that!
We are talking about what is essential. Football outfielders run 10KMs during a 90 min match day on an average. GKs need strength to stop shots, defenders need strength to hold out the attackers, midfielders need strength for crossing and ball control and strikers need strength to shove off defenders. So if you could quit with your gibberish on comparing the strength required for football with that of chess, I'll appreciate it. In fact, this shows how poor you are equipped with the basics of football!

Expenses on this count is not given!
Regarding major injuries,that happens once in a blue moon in a amateur club-tournament,it is nowhere included in the amteur's learning curve(which was the point of discussion here)!If u want to include these incidents,u can get fat-bills on chess amateur's accounts also!
Again shows you are a worse opponent than a drunken monkey. Accidents in chess games compared with accidents in football? Are you aware of what you are talking! Are you even educated on the basics of probability? I'm rolling on the floor and laughing! This is turning out to be more entertaining than I originally suspected!

Now...in that post I forgot to include the beautiful bills of the huge money one amateur chess player gives from his pocket to travel to the other provinces,the handsome hotel bills(the staying is free for G.Ms and sometimes I.Ms,not for the amateurs) that they have to pay,the carrying of the laptop of 1 lakh rupees,the maintenance of the machine,the good amount of entry fee each tournament authority demands(2 thousand to 5 thousand sometimes)!And this process will continue for the whole year! Football being a team game,the costs are taken care by the clubs not bothering the players too much!
Don't football players travel?
Now you will say chess player stay in 5 star hotels whereas footballers sleep on the road, so the cost is a million times higher! :D

But then u apologized on ur language,so I also made one step further,to show courtsey,answer that question!And I left chess for the sake of trading for more than 1 year! So to make the updated price of today,I called the former player,who was a coach too!
Yeah, I believe you! I really do!

Again u proved to be a shallow swimmer with ur baseless points(I can understand that u have no ground knowledge)! No more participation with u from my side!
With your points about football, I am beginning to suspect if you know the very basics of the game. After all, you are comparing the strength required for chess with football and this is surely a sight to behold! :D

R

ratan jain

Even if half the energy spent by you both had been spent in the markets you would have made a couple of hundred points on the nifty!

oxusmorouz

Even if half the energy spent by you both had been spent in the markets you would have made a couple of hundred points on the nifty!
You are right. I am putting myself down by talking with this uh, unstable fellow who compares the accidents which happen in a chess game with accidents which happen in football! :D

Enough from my side. I cannot stop laughing. Life threatening accidents in a chess game!!! :D :D

R

ratan jain

You are right. I am putting myself down by talking with this fellow who compares the accidents which happen in a chess game with accidents which happen in football! :D

Enough from my side. I cannot stop laughing. Life threatening accidents in a chess game!!!
You, know, tripping over a fallen chess piece can hurt a lot too :)

I know of one chess game where the 2 opponents came to blows....... one of them picked up a mouse and threw it at the other opponent! Boy that must have put him in intensive care for about a month! :D

So, it can be dangerous........ :)

oxusmorouz

He is fitting words in my mouth now.Is he ok? Who told of accidents in Chess? I told of incidents occassionally happenning to chess players,and that not by some car accident.
:rolleyes:

I studied from one of the three best universities in my country,J.U.,God knows which school he is studying?
I'll put my personal boasting aside.

Footballers travell costs and fooding-lodging costs are taken care by the club authority ,not a single peny from the players pockets sometimes,unlike in individual games like chess where entry fees only are 4 thousand to 8 thousand!But how this lad will know them?
Name: CDCA
Entry fee for individual registered players: Rs.60 per year for admission and Rs.60 a year there after.

The association pays the entry fee and traveling expenses of its players to various State Championships. (http://www.chessinchennai.com/AboutCDCA.aspx)

And about his childish knowledge of football history,please read the response of mine in the editted post.
Childish knowledge about football? Yes, I understand it is criminal on my part to disagree that chess players need superior strength and stamina to run 10kms during match day and shove off their opponents.

I see you have edited your previous posts:
If u have never heard,why don't u upgrade ur knowledge first?And then comment like this? Check how MohunBagan defeated Britishers to uplift the glory of our country!U r a complete waste of time.....
Again you show what a disgrace you really are. 1 match doesn't prove anything! It could be an outcome of purely random luck! The same Mohan Bagan's best player and captain, Baichung, was a bench warmer and a boot boy in the reserves for league 2 club bury (3 divisions from top flight football) and he played only 37 matches in 3years, scoring 3 goals! Aston Villa and Fulham threw him out after a couple of days in trial! :D
The event you talk about happened a 100 years back, and do you think your Mohan Bagan is even capable of kissing the shoes of a non league club (That's 4 divisions away from top flight) in England? Every wondered why they have never improved after that? :eek:
Amd btw, they did not defeat England (Or Britishers as you call it), they defeated East Yorkshire. Ofcourse, expecting you to know the difference would mean asking too much from your part, which is pretty much known for half baked nonsense and ridiculous facts. :eek:

Last edited:

oxusmorouz

state championships are a joke and players avoid them and they are of entry fee in lower half of three figures!Who cares if someone pays it or not?They don't pay the rated tournaments of 5 thousand rupees( and more) fees.Neither they can give fooding lodging to the players of some meaningful tournament,which ofcourse organized outside one's state most of the time!One of the best chess academy in the country,Gorkysadan's Alekhine chess club can't give it,forget of others! And travelling from where to where to play state championships? From chennai to chennai?Bcz one state's player can't go to play other state's district or state championship,by the rules of AICF.State championships happen once in a whole year.Moreover they are not recognized by the Fide and not have a minute of ELO Ratng value.He is a funny guy!No substance again.Continue.....No more complaints.En Passant.
Here we go again. Your initial statement:
Footballers travell costs and fooding-lodging costs are taken care by the club authority,not a single peny from the players pockets
Amateur football is organized only at school/college levels. Belonging to a club in India would mean semi-professionalism, if the football club is non league and professionalism if the football club is in the league. Are you even aware that footballers participating in any club based non academic (at times, even academic but it is taken by the academic institution) competition get paid a match fee for participation? The club does not put you directly into the first team. In fact, are there any national level non-academic amateur football competitions at all in India? Can you name some? Can you also name some amateur clubs which participate in these competitions?

If you talk about representing an academic institution, it is the institution, like it does in football, which bears the cost of enrollment if the player is deemed worthy.

Will somebody please stop him laughing to believe who actually has selective amnesia?
Haribhai even i cant stop laughing by the comparisons/examples you give. i would like to assume that its your talent and you are not serious on them.

I understand that you make some valid points but the way you present them is too funny.....ex: there was a comment like if ambani makes crores what will my maid get....:p