Challenge of Trading crudeM with 4k for 30 trading days!!

vijkris

Learner and Follower
This Challenge for me is not successful even though some amount of money is still left.

Reason : This challenge was never about money, but was about gaining the required discipline and other qualities as a trader.

As @happyji said, measure the success of this challenge based on rules followed etc etc, so

there is only one choice, ie to declare this as not successful..

Tuna

Listen and act, don't ask it, it doesn't oblige
This Challenge for me is not successful even though some amount of money is still left.

Reason : This challenge was never about money, but was about gaining the required discipline and other qualities as a trader.

As @happyji said, measure the success of this challenge based on rules followed etc etc, so

there is only one choice, ie to declare this as not successful..
That (not successful) hardly matters. But what was

• your strategy (in brief)
  • were you consistent
  • And
  • is there any learning you would like to share with us, that can help?

Tuna

ok. I do not keep track of no. of points, only mtm.. will recheck everything again.. Maybe by tomo, will post it or pm... :D
Don't want to give unsolicited advice, but as it is a common nature of human beings and I am not an exception - so here we go. Typically, if you have a trading strategy which you want to make more robust - this is what one have to track:

1. Avg winning points & RR (total pt/count of trades) / Avg SL

2. Win-rates (Win / total)

3. MAE (Maximum Adverse Excursion) - Applicable only for the winning trades, it shows, if you follow that strategy, for the winning one, what was maximum points that market went against your position before turning to profit zone. This helps in optimisation of the SL

4. MFR ( Maximum Favourable Excursion) - Opposite, but again only for winning trades, how far it generally go in profit zone before turning back. Gives pointers to profit booking zone ( I don't track it)

5. Recency effect
(Did your last trade impacted your decision-making): which can be:

• last trade was a loser and on the current trade you stayed longer (though it met profit tgt as per your strategy) , to cover the lost ground
  • last trade was a profit (a blockbuster profit) and that, made you hold to the current trade which was losing, as you felt you have a profit cushion

Ok sayad, jada bak diya. Posting at night is prone to be under influence of Sura, so mind mat karna.

But unless one start tracking these and review on weekly basis, he is trading for fun, not for a profession. Without reviewing all the things that happened over a week, during the weekend, with chilled beer (its a must), the corrective action will not sink in deep.

This is what I track :

Putting the column header horizontally at it will not fit in otherwise. There 2 more, Notes & Link to Charts (charts (only for swings, Intra will be an overkill) are saved on G drive with dates/months/years and note the link).

I enter all these details for all my trades (Intra and Positional), in spite of all the blabbering on this forum.

Last edited:
Don't want to give unsolicited advice, but as it is a common nature of human beings and I am not an exception - so here we go. Typically, if you have a trading strategy which you want to make more robust - this is what one have to track:

3. MAE (Maximum Adverse Excursion) - Applicable only for the winning trades, it shows, if you follow that strategy, for the winning one, what was maximum points that market went against your position before turning to profit zone. This helps in optimisation of the SL

4. MFR ( Maximum Favourable Excursion) - Opposite, but again only for winning trades, how far it generally go in profit zone before turning back. Gives pointers to profit booking zone ( I don't track it)

5. Recency effect

• last trade was a loser and on the current trade you stayed longer (though it met profit tgt as per your strategy) , to cover the lost ground
  • last trade was a profit (a blockbuster profit) and that, made you hold to the current trade which was losing, as you felt you have a profit cushion

Ok sayad, jada bak diya. Posting at night is prone to be under influence of Sura, so mind mat karna.

But unless one start tracking these and review on weekly basis, he is trading for fun, not for a profession. Without reviewing all the things that happened over a week, during the weekend, with chilled beer (its a must), the corrective action will not sink in deep.

This is what I track :

Putting the column header horizontally at it will not fit in otherwise. There 2 more, Notes & Link to Charts (charts (only for swings, Intra will be an overkill) are saved on G drive with dates/months/years and note the link).

I enter all these details for all my trades (Intra and Positional), in spite of all the blabbering on this forum.
Thanks

monkeybusiness

5. Recency effect

This is what I track :

Tuna bhai,
this is the best post from you, more sura to you. Cheers:clapping:

vagar11

5. Recency effect

This is what I track :

Never looked at MAE (Maximum Adverse Excursion). I will check my system and see if it can be improved by using this as feedback.

vijkris

Learner and Follower
:lol::lol: Just using lol bcos in new traderji site we may not have this emoji. :D

With great pains I made some excel sheet, which I posted here before.. Any way the things tuna bhai has said MAE etc is beyond my level of excel formula.. :lol:

Tuna