Can you clarify this?

Agilent said:
Thanks Huineng (psssst... Kumar ??)

Listen I hope u are not sad or saracstic, given that my clarifications were rather terse

But seriously, I think you can afford to be more detailed abt the queries .... I mean cite the context in brief , so the 'responder' can understand the paradigm u r referring to

e.g If I want guys on this forum to tell me the meaning of ..... let's say... 'earnings' ... I can bet u there wd be at least 5 different explanations

Trust you understand

AGILENT:cool:

PS Pardon my inquisitiveness , but whats the meaning/origin of Huineng , er..er..Kumar ??
HUI NENG was the 6th Patriarch of Ch'an(Zen)Buddhism,and later the founder of the School of Sudden Awakening....for more go to http://sped2work.tripod.com/huineng.html

Saint

Traderji said:
Good suggestion, Murthy. I can start another forum titled Q & A where newcomers can ask questions on trading/investing for the more experienced members to answer.

However would the more experienced members be willing to answer the queries? (most of you are doing an excellent job already). Feedback from the experienced members would be appreciated in this regard.
Hi Traderji,

I am not as knowledgeable as many here,but what little I know I would be only too glad to help.

Saint

AMITBE

Traderji said:
Good suggestion, Murthy. I can start another forum titled Q & A where newcomers can ask questions on trading/investing for the more experienced members to answer.

However would the more experienced members be willing to answer the queries? (most of you are doing an excellent job already). Feedback from the experienced members would be appreciated in this regard.
Traderji, I too echo what Saint has said. Am always happy to help with what I know.
Also I did get quite incensed by a few posts in this thread, but I do not mean to vitiate nor nagate the great tradition of this forum.
Sometimes one has to do what one has to do.
Thanks for this great space.
Best regards.

AMITBE said:
Thanks for calling a spade a spade, Jaideep. In your typical style you have been gentle and tactful.
But I'm afraid I'm not feeling the slightest sense of patience, composure, nor equanimity. I'm feeling pretty darn pissed off.
More than being harsh, it's an unworthy example of a member acting superior, snobbish, mocking, being derisive and contemptuous. In all my time in this most August Forum, I have not come across a more ludicrous and farcical a reply to a very straight and honest query. Some of us answer hundereds of them.

Quite honestly Agilent, this was in utter bad taste and shows you in very poor light indeed.
You seem intelligent enough to see what huineng had really wanted to know more about.
Your reply tells him and the rest of us, barring a sneering few, that you have merely been downright mean.
As a fellow member here I see myself in my complete right in asking you to please refrain from making such posts showing utter disrigard to the dignity of another fellow member.
Far from being sarcastic, huineng's reply clearly reflects his upset state of mind at your completely thoughtless broadside.
If you really didn't understand his query, a civil way of asking him to be more clear would have been enough. Not that price band and freezing are abstract terms to all of us in the markets that should require any further clarification.
Remember too that there may be those here who can leave behind some pretty caustic and stinging comebacks to some very ordinary and meaningless posts that get written here, whether on the markets or otherwise.
Regards.
Well said,Amit......

murthymsr

Traderji said:

Traderji, thanks for the promt response to open the Q&A thread
i love to answer, the limitations being my knowledge and more so my time.

i am not able to post to the threads i like namely 'Think It Over', 'My Non-trading Software' and of course 'Aces In The Deck'. Aces need some identified improvisation and trying hard to take-up on priority.

murthymsr

OK guys ... no one needs to vent his or her ire any more

I will voluntarily withdraw from this forum

For quite some time I had been thinking I am a misfit here anyway ... besides being too old and mentally disturbed (right .. Saint ?)

Good bye and good luck

PS Huineng ... just curious ... on a scale of 1 to 10 , how aggrieved were u by my first response ? Looks like others took it more personally than u ! belated apologies in any case

Last edited:

avinash

Agilent said:
OK guys ... no one needs to vent his or her ire any more

I will voluntarily withdraw from this forum

For quite some time I had been thinking I am a misfit here anyway ... besides being too old and mentally disturbed (right .. Saint ?)

Good bye and good luck

PS Huineng ... just curious ... on a scale of 1 to 10 , how aggrieved were u by my first response ? Looks like others took it more personally than u ! belated apologies in any case
Hi Agilent,

Saint,Amit,Murthy and Karthik are few of the softest and nicest people around.All very willing to help.Very caring people.......it really must have taken some doing from your part to get such people to take up arms.

I really think your attitude needs a change.It doesn't require you to leave the forum.A change on your part would have been enough.....

Avinash

avinash said:
Hi Agilent,

Saint,Amit,Murthy and Karthik are few of the softest and nicest people around.All very willing to help.Very caring people.......it really must have taken some doing from your part to get such people to take up arms.

I really think your attitude needs a change.It doesn't require you to leave the forum.A change on your part would have been enough.....

Avinash

Thanks Avinash...
Am waiting for Huineng to respond ... like I said, I think he is feeling less hurt than they are

Huineng ... are u out there ?
AGILENT

AJAY

kumar,
pl. don't go by the wrong orientation Baron gives you. I don't know how he reads the market with such orientation. Reallt i pity him.
Here, every post by saint, amitbe, karthik, karuna, srisara,murthy etc. is for you and for newbees like you.
You are the most exposed personality and I don't know how baron is not able to see it. Strange.
Baron, be careful with you and your orientation. If this continues, no wonder markets may wipe you out soon, for not looking at them properly. Try to catch up.
Goodluck
AJAY

Dear AGILENT,
Please do not quit from this forum. I have been around on the net for more than 5 years. I have seen more flames on many forums. On a scale of 1 to 10 I was hurt at a score of 3. My observation is this : 1)may be I should have used the NSE website more thoroughly. 2)After pulling my legs, you could have given a link or a suggestion to clarify my doubt.
I thank all members who encouraged me. Let us put this behind us and move forward. We are friends and what does a little hiccup matter in a friendship?
AGILENT, let us shake hands and be friends. Stay in the forum please.
Regards
Kumar