BTST List

SavantGarde

Re: Pshychology and stock market

All one needs to do is get the handle on what the big fishes are upto.... trail them from a discreet distance......

While the statement above may look insignificant....in size but that is all that is required....in my opinion.

....and can change ones trading forever.....

Happy & Safer Trading

SavantGarde

A retail investor always hold the losing posing for long and they always sell their winning position too early.How to get rid from this phychology?

SavantGarde

Did not mean insider trading...am not into it....neither do i look out for it.... just want traders to know where the deep pockets are heading....

In early stages of trading that is what I would look for ..... now for some years I enter before the deep pockets.....it is more fun.... now....but requires inqusitiveness of extremes...... long topic....perhaps left for another day to elaborate some more..... but for relatively new traders it would suffice to trail the 'deep pockets'

Hand in glove doesnot exist.... I do not talk to movers & shakers of the market.... just not interested....

Happy & Safer Trading

SavantGarde

You mean to say...one needs to know about insider's trading...or be in hand in glove with big deep pockets?

Last edited:

Well,I read charts and datas....a little bit...but not sure ...how to guess the moves of deep pockets/big fish .Do u study the fundamentals...or ..focus on volume datas?Will u pl elaborate..how to guess what the next step they will take...??

SavantGarde

Like I said earlier.... I have stopped guessing what they are going to do...& after much debate some of them will start entering, but usually quite late.... my trades are positional and can last for many months at a stretch.... infact my present positions are perhaps the longest that I have held...at any time...Thanks to the global meltdown......

Small snippet of one of my position is Tata Motors Futures... several lots & entries are between 136-142.... & still holding on to it....

Here is a link to give you a snapshot although hasn't been updated for Bonus & Splits from January onwards... but should give you a fair idea...of how the entry was timed....triggers are still active & shall be updated in the second half of this month.

BUYHOLD Triggers

Happy & Safer Trading

SavantGarde

Well,I read charts and datas....a little bit...but not sure ...how to guess the moves of deep pockets/big fish .Do u study the fundamentals...or ..focus on volume datas?Will u pl elaborate..how to guess what the next step they will take...??

SavantGarde

In short next step is going to be a SELL perhaps from second half of november till december.... can look forward to a correction of 8-12%

SavantGarde

SavantGarde

Yes... I have been a positional trader for many years now... but I do scale-in & scale out positions... if it is worth my while....

Used to trade for short term earlier... including Intraday...it all depended on the move....how do I put this....ok...my trading was like water.... has no form or shape..... if you pour water in a square glass, water tends to take on the shape of the receptacle it is poured in, instantly......that is how I traded then....

I would rather put it as 'informed intuition'.......is a big part but it is something that has developed over some time... keeping track of global economy, data & many many more things....one important part of global data that is released on channels is usually manipulated... to be able to see through requires.....lots of experience...and being an eternal sceptic... & not swallowing things released through media as doctor's pill......anyways.... there N-number of comments posted in the mother thread.... on how to interpret what we are fed through the channels & print.

Ofcourse, I believe in charts....but don't see it that often now... except when I have to answer some specific queries that is not on my radar...in the mother thread

Happy & Safer Trading

SavantGarde

Hmmm...I think U prefer positional trading.Do u believe in charts or intuitive?

SavantGarde

Here is an example....

If I see the NF going to 7000+ & downside in nov-dec not beingmore than 400-500... If a trader has 3.0 L in his ledger... Iwould say...go long 1 Lot immediately.....

& when the downside starts.... it would ofcourse depend... but would tell the trader to enter another 1 Lot at downside of 240 point....

& once the downside is done...and uptrend starts... would advise the trader...to buy 1 or 2 lots in the uptrend... and.... exit at around 120-160 point leaving the trader with 2 lots.... and then depending on the upmove... around the first entry advise him to exit the second entry... and ride the train with the first entry.... and then depending on the strength of the market....advise him to add another lot at every 240-300 point on NF....

For a new trader taking the first step in positional trading is invariably painful..... ask 'aabhi06' he will tell you

Happy & Safer Trading

SavantGarde

I assume that u hold ur postion from 5 days to may be an yr or so.....What if ,ur preferred stocks begin to freefall...do u use any stop loss?