BTST List

alroyraj

Re: Name 5 stocks ,which can be traded intraday.

The top stocks that one favours tend to change. Last year Educomp, Suzlon, Aban, Punj lloyd,Reliance were the favorites. This time it is some others like PSU Banks,Apollo Tyres etc
Others favour the Tata Steel,Tata Motors,SBI,Maruthi etc which are doing well fundamentally so decent intraday swings too can be captures . The way to select is based on Average Traded Range (ATR) since only if the script price moves it can be traded.
Of course it depemds on the brokerage 0.05% means a higher breakeven but even then one can trade scripts below 400 Rs which are volatile enough eg Yes Bank,etc

Gap up and stop loss

Suppose I have shorted a stock on 280 and 290 is the stock's upper circuit price.I have put a stop loss on 285...what if price suddenly gap up over 289 and goes to hit the circuit?Will my stop loss save me from going to auction?

SavantGarde

Re: Gap up and stop loss

In the event of sudden gap up or gap down....your stop loss will not get triggered.

Unless you provide a wider trigger price for your S/L.... even then there always exists uncertainty of the sudden move way past your trigger price.

Happy & Safer Trading

SavantGarde

Suppose I have shorted a stock on 280 and 290 is the stock's upper circuit price.I have put a stop loss on 285...what if price suddenly gap up over 289 and goes to hit the circuit?Will my stop loss save me from going to auction?
When price gaped up over 289, it means there was nobody to sell to you at your S/L rate of 285. Price hits the upper circuit.
So naturally your S/L wont save you from going to auction in T+2 days.

PGDIMES

This has happened to me yesterday even in the most liquid of all instruments - Nifty futures!!! I put a buy stop @ 6190 & trigger price @ 6188.5 but found NF to cross my level & trading @6193 within mins...:confused:

anayash

this has happened with me a couple of times...there's no option but to buy in the auction market!

Pshychology and stock market

A retail investor always hold the losing posing for long and they always sell their winning position too early.How to get rid of this phychology?

Last edited: