BTST List

veluri1967

Re: Is PIB (indiabulls s/w)good for intraday charting and trading?

Is PIB (indiabulls s/w)good for intraday charting and trading?I am quite satisfied with it.Any similar or better s/w offered by some other broker?
Regarding charting, I am a bit uncomfortable with PIB because it does not support backfill. This drawback is covered in Sharekhan's Trade Tiger.

Regarding Trading in PIB, while trading for intraday, your trades are squared off at about 3 PM which sometimes causes you to loose lot of good moves.

Regarding connectivity, I give full marks to PIB compared to Trade Tiger.

tempest

Re: Is PIB (indiabulls s/w)good for intraday charting and trading?

"Is PIB (indiabulls s/w)good for intraday charting and trading?I am quite satisfied with it.Any similar or better s/w offered by some other broker?"

Simply put ...NO

The lack of backfill makes PIB's charting quite useless as most indicators will take a few hours to become meaningful which obviously makes is impossible to trade with.

I still use PIB to trade though but use icharts for charting. I think their service is excellent and price very reasonable. Also have metastock but only use it for EOD analysis and not RT

Cheers

Last edited:

anayash

Re: 5 min or 10 min chart,which one most popular for intraday charting?

till now...i had not given much thought to the fact dat changing to proper time frame would smoothen your entry & exits! will try different time frames & backtest if my earlier trading decisions(especially losing ones) would have been different!

a question to fellow traders: what is the highest time frame one should use for making intraday trading decisions? 15 min? 30 min is too long i guess!

columbus

Re: 5 min or 10 min chart,which one most popular for intraday charting?

till now...i had not given much thought to the fact dat changing to proper time frame would smoothen your entry & exits! will try different time frames & backtest if my earlier trading decisions(especially losing ones) would have been different!

a question to fellow traders: what is the highest time frame one should use for making intraday trading decisions? 15 min? 30 min is too long i guess!
Any time frame 3~5 is good.5 min helps in knowing the trend and 3 min for
a perfect entry/exit.