Votes: 4 6.1%
  • motilalal oswal

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Hdfc sec

Votes: 2 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi All,
I think brokerage depends from different branch to branch within a brokerage company.
I am trading with Sharekhan and they are offering me 2.5 paisa intraday and 25 paisa on delivery with no advanced brokerage and no commitment on volume front. and on commodity they charge me even less ( .015 % ). I also get intraday calls from sharekhan through sms( though they are not very good, so i just ignore them :) ) but if you do technical analysis then go with them as their trade tiger software is best ( provides 30 day intraday data, eod data and lots more ) .....
Just go to a sharekhan shop and try to bargain and you will get good brokerage offering. but if you are also looking for good trading calls then dont go for sharekhan.

India Infoline previosuly 5 paisa.com for me has been a wonderful experience. The charges are premium with the Premia division but the service and the calls given are extra premium.. I would recommend it for all.. I have made very good profits in the last months...
:thumb:

ICICI is the best bet for long term investors like me. Brokergage is bit high... but evens out with time.

The best part is you can allocate funds from your bank account for trading and place an order instantaneously. Sale proceeds reach the bank a/c directly. I think this is not available with the likes of IIFL, or Sharekhan. And one is alerted throughout these steps, by sms, i.e., alerted when funds hit the bank account, shares credited in demat, shares moving out of demat.

ICICI scores in this respect.

R

respectinvestor

Well, I keep on hearing a lot about the high brokerage charged by ICICI and I take this opportunity to bust this myth surrounding the brokerage...what I like about ICICI is their transparent structure regarding brokerage charged..most of other broking firms charge in a very non-transparent manner regarding this....and people are under an illusion that they are somehow being charged less....let me just give an illustration of a transaction of 10 lacs in intra-day cash 5 lacs on buy and 5 lacs on sell...and brokerage charged will be 2 paisa for Kotak and 3 paisa for ICICI...SO I must reasonably expect ICICI TO BE 1.5 times COSTLIER THAN kOTAK...I am providing a real illustration based on actuals charged by these two enteties...

Kotak:
Brokerage:200+Service tax on brokerage(20.6)+Transaction and other charges(100)+st on transaction (10.3)+stamp and other charges(100)+STT(125....SO overall charges when Kotak says it is charging 2 paisa is 200+20.6+100+10.3+100+125=555.9

ICICI:
Brokerage:300+ST(30.9)+transaction(35)+st on transaction(3.6)+stamp(20)+STT(125)...SO overall charged by ICICI =300+30.9+35+3.6+20+125=514.5

SO this is magic indeed...when ICICI charges 3 paisa it is cheaper than when Kotak securities says we are charging 2 paisa...and how do they do it...Kotak charges .01% in transaction charges when it should have charged .0035%as by ICICI..AGAIN kOTAK charges .01%as stamp charges when it should have charged Rs.20...and that makes all the difference...ICICI charges only what is stipulated by the SEBI and NSE unlike other brokers who indulge in these shabby tactics abd fool the customer...so next time someone says ICICI is costly and theirs is cheaper ask them do they charge SEBI/NSE prescribes rates and govt. of Majarashtra prescribed stamp duties...

So beware...do not go by hearsay...find out the truth yourself as I have done it...one thing I agree platform of ICICI is not suited for day-traders..

PGDIMES

Well, I keep on hearing a lot about the high brokerage charged by ICICI and I take this opportunity to bust this myth surrounding the brokerage...what I like about ICICI is their transparent structure regarding brokerage charged..most of other broking firms charge in a very non-transparent manner regarding this....and people are under an illusion that they are somehow being charged less....let me just give an illustration of a transaction of 10 lacs in intra-day cash 5 lacs on buy and 5 lacs on sell...and brokerage charged will be 2 paisa for Kotak and 3 paisa for ICICI...SO I must reasonably expect ICICI TO BE 1.5 times COSTLIER THAN kOTAK...I am providing a real illustration based on actuals charged by these two enteties...

Kotak:
Brokerage:200+Service tax on brokerage(20.6)+Transaction and other charges(100)+st on transaction (10.3)+stamp and other charges(100)+STT(125....SO overall charges when Kotak says it is charging 2 paisa is 200+20.6+100+10.3+100+125=555.9

ICICI:
Brokerage:300+ST(30.9)+transaction(35)+st on transaction(3.6)+stamp(20)+STT(125)...SO overall charged by ICICI =300+30.9+35+3.6+20+125=514.5

SO this is magic indeed...when ICICI charges 3 paisa it is cheaper than when Kotak securities says we are charging 2 paisa...and how do they do it...Kotak charges .01% in transaction charges when it should have charged .0035%as by ICICI..AGAIN kOTAK charges .01%as stamp charges when it should have charged Rs.20...and that makes all the difference...ICICI charges only what is stipulated by the SEBI and NSE unlike other brokers who indulge in these shabby tactics abd fool the customer...so next time someone says ICICI is costly and theirs is cheaper ask them do they charge SEBI/NSE prescribes rates and govt. of Majarashtra prescribed stamp duties...

So beware...do not go by hearsay...find out the truth yourself as I have done it...one thing I agree platform of ICICI is not suited for day-traders..
Hi respectinvestor,

By trying to compare between ICICI and Kotak, it sounds like trying to compare between two type-writer brands... Both these banks' securities arms may close shops in near future if they don't understand the order of the day... :D

Well it all depends on all the features you want and the ease of trading with software.
I suggest NOW software (Neat On Web ) as the best precise trading terminal with only required stuff.
Many the brokers are presently opted for NOW and providing low brokerages.
I have few suggestions in reducing brokerages depending on the client requirement .
Like in Options/MCX 20 rs per lot
or
NSE NFO 20 rs per order number
But I suggest you to check the details with the brokers first if there is a prepaid brokerage like BMA or Angel or Sharekhan to reduce brokerage structure.
chat with me with same username on gmail for clarifications

R

respectinvestor

Hi respectinvestor,

By trying to compare between ICICI and Kotak, it sounds like trying to compare between two type-writer brands... Both these banks' securities arms may close shops in near future if they don't understand the order of the day... :D
Hi PGDIMES:
well I may agree as far as this goes for ICICI..but not for Kotak...their realtime platform..KEAT PROX...is indeed good and it is as good if not better than some other trading platforms like PIB of Indiabulls, Indiainfoline..and trade tiger of sharekhan.....I have seen most of them...but if its regarding brokerage then what I have stated stands valid...look at the transaction and other charges charged by most of the brokers and you will realise the validity of my statement.....its just like telling that I charge 9% on home loans and they charge 11 % on home loans when in reality the EMI paid by someone charging 11% is less than compared with someone charging 9%...the actuals matter ....the overall cost of trading and not whether it is 2 paisa or 3 paisa or 4 paisa....and most of the brokers they indulge in these tactics...they will reduce brokerage and charge heavily isn the way of other charges and when specifically asked about these charges they do not have any explanation...

I am looking to trade a few times a month, looking for the best customer support 24/7? or 24/5? Please suggest . . . charges are not a concern.

I am currently with MOSL and it had been a terrible experience , they have 0 customer service.